PDA

View Full Version : Silverstone Classic 2015 - 24th to 26th July - Club Event of the Year!

Pages : [1] 2

tommundy
11th January 2015, 04:50 PM
Hi all,

In this, the Mk1's 30th Anniversary of going on sale in the UK, we're hoping for a great Silverstone Classic! It also happens to be the Mk1 Club's 20th Anniversary and also the Silverstone Classic's 25th Anniversary, so it's shaping up to be a great event!

This event has it all!

Music
Status Quo will be headlining, with many great full and support acts appearing over the weekend. Previous acts have included Bonnie Tyler, Canned Heat, The Hollies, Stars From The Commitments, Adam Ant, Mike and the Mechanics, Suzi Quattro, 10CC, Wishbone Ash, The Yardbirds, Dr Feelgood, Santana and Pussycat Dolls, plus plenty of tribute bands to some of rock’s greatest bands. A great way to rock into the evenings! Plus, the sight of hot air balloons being fired in time with the music is truly special.

Racing
The mouth-watering line-up for the 2015 Silverstone Classic extravaganza will feature the most exciting racing action from historic Formula One, sports cars, ‘Le Mans’ sports prototype, GT and touring car grids. With over 20 races and over 1000 entries, the racing action will be non-stop all weekend. The grids include:

FIA Masters Historic Formula One
The Jet Super Touring Car Trophy
Pre '66 GT Cars
Group C
FIA Masters Historic Sports Cars
Stirling Moss Trophy For Pre '61 Sports Cars
HGPCA Pre '66 Grand Prix Cars
Under Two Litre Touring Cars
Historic Formula Junior
90s GT Legends

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/uploads/SS15/1.JPG
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/uploads/SS15/2.JPG
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/uploads/SS15/3.JPG

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/uploads/SS15/4.JPG
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/uploads/SS15/5.JPG
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/uploads/SS15/6.JPG

Cars
Around 10,000 cars from all sorts of car clubs makes this one of the world's largest displays of sports and super cars, along with many rarities. The calibre of cars on show is truly stunning!

Other Features

Anniversary parades
Aerial displays
Auctions (if you're feeling flush!)
Live demonstrations
Shopping village
Free fun fair
Food and drink stalls

Tickets
As usual, the Mk1 club has secured a great deal on tickets, which means that you get 2 tickets for the price of 1! Why not make a weekend of it and get the best value by buying a 3 day ticket? :) Many people arrive on Thursday evening and enjoy 3 full days and nights of racing, rocking and laughs!

The table of prices can be seen below:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/uploads/ss15prices.JPG

There is also a small admin fee charged by Silverstone to cover postage, which is £1.95 per booking.

For example, if you buy a 3 day package, which includes tickets for 2 people along with 1 in-field car pass, it'll cost you £100.95. This is the cost if you do a bank transfer. Alternatively, if you'd like to pay by PayPal, the price would be £104.60 due to PayPal's fees. We can also accept cheques, but your tickets won't be booked until the cheque has cleared; cheque payments will be the same amount as a bank transfer.

Another example would be to buy the Saturday only package, which includes tickets for 2 people along with 1 in-field car pass. This would be £66.95 by bank transfer or cheque and £69.45 by PayPal.

The above prices are based on booking before 31st March, which guarantees you the best prices for the event. After that date and until 31st May, the prices jump up as in the grid above. After that date, ticket purchases are no longer available!

These prices are only available to club members, so if you're not already a member and are wanting to come, it's well worth the £10 joining fee as you'll save way more than this by taking up our ticket price off. You can join or renew from the following link: http://www.mr2mk1club.com/payments.php

Book today to secure your tickets! :D

When booking, I'll need your name, phone number, address to send the tickets to and car registration. Please PM me for bookings.

Camping
Camping is available at the Woodlands camp site and the weekend camping ticket covers you from 7am on Thursday 23rd July until 12 noon on Monday 27th July.

Adult weekend camping - £49 per person
Child (6-16) weekend camping - £16.50 per person
Child (5 and under) weekend camping – Free
Weekend electrical hookup - £64.50 per hookup

Further details here: http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/Content/CAMPING

Please book your own camping, after securing your event tickets with us, at this website: http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/BuyTickets

There are other camp sites around Silverstone, but I personally think that the Woodlands camp site is great and has fantastic facilities! Alternatively, if you don't feel you can manage camping, there are many local bed and breakfasts around Silverstone Circuit.

A highlight video from the 2014 event can be seen below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMZv9gs51JU#t=112

On the Saturday, the Mk1 Club has also been invited to take part in a parade lap to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the Mk1. This is an amazing opportunity and it'll be great to be out on track with as many Mk1's as we can get out there! :)

More details will be released over the coming months, so please keep checking back.

Links to threads from previous years:

2014 - http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?15841-Silverstone-Classic-%96-25th-to-27th-July-2014-%96-Club-Event-of-the-Year
2013 - http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?14815-National-Event-of-The-Year-The-Silverstone-Classic-26th-to-28th-July-2013

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Tom

Chairman

tommundy
11th January 2015, 04:52 PM
List of attendees. Feel free to add your name if you're interested in attending and I'll embolden your name once payment has been received:

1. Alex Gager - superwhite90 - Saturday - PAID
2. Andrew Bateson - AndyB - Weekend - Camping - PAID
3. Andrew Cash - sunsetjoe - Saturday - PAID
4. Bill Hulme - bill hulme - Weekend - Camping - PAID
5. Clive Etheridge - Clive Etheridge - Saturday - PAID
6. Dave Cale - dc399uk - Saturday - PAID
7. Dave Pressler - Weekend - PAID
8. David Harris - Saturday - PAID
9. Dean Mitchell - BIGBOYZJUNK - Saturday - PAID
10. Douglas Cozens - Silver Fox - Saturday - PAID
11. Dylan Yates - dlybie - Weekend - Camping - PAID
12. Gary Mellor - mk1 dal - Weekend - Camping - PAID
13. Gordon Salmon - g p salmon - Weekend - PAID
14. Graham Wilkinson - Lakelad - Weekend - Camping - PAID
15. Howard Bottomley - HowardB - Sat/Sun - PAID
16. John Dawson - jed - Sat/Sun - PAID
17. John Fletcher - Johnsf - Weekend - Camping - PAID
18. Jonathan Hunt - Vistalite - Fri/Sat - PAID
19. Ken Salmon - Weekend - PAID
20. Kevin Taylor - kevs aw11 - Saturday - PAID
21. Kris Bates - KGB603 - Fri/Sat - Camping - PAID
22. Malcolm Graham-Jones - celica1600gt - Sat/Sun - PAID
23. Martin Egil Jones - Martin42006 - Sat/Sun - Camping - PAID
24. Michael Jackson - Snowtigger - Weekend - PAID
25. Mike Savory - O1dtimer - Weekend - PAID
26. Ned Smith - nedward - Saturday - PAID
27. Neil Houston - Joy Toy Boy - Sat/Sun - PAID
28. Nigel Sykes - avant - Saturday - PAID
29. Paul Barrie - paulandchez - Weekend - PAID
30. Paul Corbridge - Paul_43 - Weekend - PAID
31. Paul Mayes - BigP - Weekend - PAID
32. Peter Scatchard - pscatchard - Weekend - PAID
33. Phil Barker - Philbar - Sat/Sun - PAID
34. Rachel Seed - Rach - Friday - PAID
35. Shane Reid - Shaner - Weekend - Camping - PAID
36. Stephen DuCros - Sunday - PAID
37. Stewart Johnson - Johnso - Saturday - PAID
38. Stuart Goodacre - omasum22 - Weekend - PAID
39. Stuart Gregory - sTuArT - Weekend - PAID
40. Stuart Nolloth - STUAW11 - Sat/Sun - PAID
41. Ted Gunby - Weekend - Camping - PAID
42. Tom Mundy - tommundy - Weekend - Camping - PAID
43. Tommy Ogle - coverco - Weekend - Camping - PAID
44. Scott Forster - Scott Forster - Fri/Sat

Master-B
11th January 2015, 04:57 PM
4. Kris & Alison Thurs/Fri/Sat - Camping

tommundy
11th January 2015, 05:00 PM
Sorted Kris! :)

AW11mike
11th January 2015, 05:06 PM
could you put me down for the day the parade lap is on, when you find out what day that is please Tom.

tommundy
11th January 2015, 05:07 PM
could you put me down for the day the parade lap is on, when you find out what day that is please Tom.
Sorted! :D

cchrysos
11th January 2015, 05:12 PM
I am interested but can probably only make one day so i will wait until we hear which day the lap will be on. Do you expect to find out soon Tom or do you have no idea?

cheers

chrys

tommundy
11th January 2015, 05:15 PM
I am interested but can probably only make one day so i will wait until we hear which day the lap will be on. Do you expect to find out soon Tom or do you have no idea?

cheers

chrys
Hi Chrys,

I hope to hear fairly soon; certainly by the end of January I'd hope! :)

Cheers,
Tom

sTuArT
11th January 2015, 06:36 PM
I'm another one waiting to see what day the parade lap will be.

Thanks Stuart

mk1 dal
11th January 2015, 06:38 PM
Hi put me down mate

Gary - thurs / fri /sat /sun

and my brother

Andy - thurs/ fri/sat/sun

we will need set a up pass as well to help set up the stand .

Gary

tommundy
11th January 2015, 06:49 PM
Cheers guys, I've added you to the list.

AndyB
11th January 2015, 08:13 PM
Hi Tom, thanks for the info. Do you have children's prices too? My daughter is keen to come too.

mk1 dal
11th January 2015, 08:24 PM
kids prices link . http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/Content/Ticket-Info

Philbar
11th January 2015, 11:04 PM
Can you add me ( +1 ) to the list please Tom, for the Saturday and Sunday.

Phil

Lakelad
12th January 2015, 05:40 AM
Hi

Well done Tom for getting some much info together. Everybody speaks so highly abot this event I was determined to make it this year and I am really looking forward to the parade lap.

Please add me

Graham - Thurs / Fri / Sat / Sun - Camping

Just got to work out the logisitics of getting both the MK1 and the motorhome there together since we both can't come as someone has to stay home and look after the dog!

Graham

AndyB
12th January 2015, 08:24 AM
Sign me up. Can you put me down for the weekend 3 day ticket please, and I'll be camping at Woodlands also.

If anybody is interested, child prices are:

3-Day. 6-16 years old. £11
3-Day. 5 years or younger. Free

1-Day. 6-16 years old. £5.50
1-Day. 5 years or younger. Free

dc399uk
12th January 2015, 08:53 PM
Tom

I too am very keen but can only really do the one day so would like it to be the parade lap day if possible once we know when it is... it will be me + 1.

Will PM you to confirm once full details released.

Cheers
Dave

dylbie
12th January 2015, 09:51 PM
I'm in for Friday/Saturday/Sunday and I'll be staying at Woodlands. Now I've got to get the A-dub back on the road in good time, and figure out the logistics of getting the campervan and the 2 down there.

Tom, would you like me to post up the details on the TARC forum and see if any of the guys there wanna bring their cars?

Here's a few photos I took last year! :)

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2014/07/IMG_9029_zpsb48f6141-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2014/07/IMG_8872_zpscd6b8e91-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2014/07/IMG_8533_zps43e7960b-1.jpg

tommundy
13th January 2015, 08:41 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for all the interest. I'm really hoping we can get to at least 30 cars with it being the 30th anniversary.

That's fine to post up on the TARC forum. I'm planning on getting in touch with other MR2 clubs also very soon. Just make them aware on the TARC forum that they'll have to join our club to get the cheaper tickets. This is so that they're covered under our insurance policy for the stand and that they are affiliated to us to meet Silverstone's T's & C's. However, it's a no-brainer as you save way more than £10 with any of the ticket packages.

For all those that have contacted me, I'll reply tonight. :D

Cheers,
Tom

The Silver Fox
13th January 2015, 09:38 AM
Tom,

Can you please put me down for two days depending on when the parade lap is.

Thanks

Douglas

tommundy
13th January 2015, 09:44 AM
Done Douglas!

superwhite90
13th January 2015, 01:13 PM
What day is the parade lap?

tommundy
13th January 2015, 01:42 PM
What day is the parade lap?
Not sure yet Alex. Either Friday or Saturday.

As I've already mentioned, as soon as I find out, you guys will too. :)

Scott Forster
13th January 2015, 03:28 PM
I think me and the wife will be up for Saturday and Sunday! will try and book the day off work to make it on Friday too.

S&B

Scott Forster
13th January 2015, 03:31 PM
List of attendees. Feel free to add your name if you're interested in attending and I'll embolden your name once payment has been received:

1. Tom Mundy - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun - Camping
2. Ken Salmon - Fri/Sat/Sun
3. Stuart Kynoch - Fri/Sat/Sun
4. Kris & Alison - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun - Camping
5. Mike - Fri/Sat (dependant on parade lap day)
6. sTuArT - Fri or Sat (dependant on parade lap day)
7. Gary Mellor - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun - Camping
8. Andy Mellor - Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun - Camping
9. Phil - Sat/Sun
10. Graham - Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun - Camping
11. AndyB - Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun - Camping
12. Dave (dc399uk) - Fri/Sat (dependant on parade lap day)
13. dylbie - Fri/Sat/Sun - Camping
14. Douglas - Fri/Sat (dependant on parade lap day)
15. Scott & B - Fri/Sat/Sun (Friday depending on work) camping

tommundy
13th January 2015, 04:11 PM
Added you onto the list on the first page Scott.

paulmannion
13th January 2015, 07:50 PM
Hi Tom. Both me and my brother for the parade lap day please. We'll have two mr2s. Sort of silver and kind of red with black bits. Shabby chiec.

paulmannion
13th January 2015, 07:50 PM
Paul Mannion and Daniel Mannion

AW11mike
13th January 2015, 07:54 PM
we will have a MR2 convoy Paul! :)

tommundy
14th January 2015, 08:49 AM
Added to the list also Paul.

For all those that are thinking about it, I'd really recommend making the effort to do the full weekend. It's a world class event with open pits, non-stop racing, live music, stunning cars and like-minded MR2 folk plus so many other things to do! :)

Johnsf
14th January 2015, 10:25 AM
Hi Tom please add John Fletcher & Martin Fletcher for Fri Sat & Sun probably camping.

paulmannion
14th January 2015, 09:49 PM
We'll have a think Tom. My brother will have a two month pld baby by that point so might not have the chance! Cheers for adding us to the list. Cant wait.

tommundy
19th January 2015, 06:20 PM
Hi all,

Just a quick note for all those waiting on replies to PM's from me. Apologies for the delay, but I've been very busy with work and personal commitments. However, I'm away with work this week (Dublin, Ireland for any members wanting to catch up?), so should have time tomorrow or Wednesday evening to process them. :)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Tom

Philbar
12th February 2015, 01:09 PM
Tom, anything more about this, as haven't had any response, and just a thought if I wanted to get a third ticket, how does it work out with the two for one business?

Phil

Scott Forster
13th February 2015, 08:52 AM
Can you add me and Beatriz. Sorry cant figure out how to add myself!!

Friday night and Saturday night please.

Ta muchly

tommundy
13th February 2015, 09:58 AM
Hi Phil and everyone,

Apologies for the delay in processing any outstanding e-mails / pms. I've had a busy old time over the last few weeks. I've got some spare time tomorrow, so will be cracking on with the promotion of this event then.

Cheers,
Tom

sTuArT
13th February 2015, 12:18 PM
Any news about which day the parade lap will be on?

Martin42006
13th February 2015, 01:04 PM
Could you put me down hoping to be there fri night, sat and sun. Are the tickets bought through the club or from the silverstone website?
Will be camping :)

Vistalite
13th February 2015, 02:11 PM
You can buy through the Club to get the BOGOF offer.

AW11mike
14th February 2015, 10:45 AM
Hi Tom, could you put my brother Glyn(AW11Glyn) for the parade lap day please.

Shaner
19th February 2015, 11:04 PM
Hi Tom,

I am thinking of coming over to the Silverstone Classic (from Dublin), this year with my 1988 Mica Blue Supercharger.

However I have a couple of queries in relation to the logistics of the event as I have never been before.

If I come over with my car, can I park it / exhibit it on the club stand? If this is the case, then do the cars have to be on the stand for a certain time each day, and would they have to stay there overnight?

I'm asking because I may be staying at a hotel a few miles away and would therefore have to drive in and out to the circuit each day. Is this a crazy thing to do, as will there be nightmare traffic getting in and out of the circuit? I'm not certain I fancy camping to be honest.

I would probably be coming over by myself - arriving at some stage on Friday, and staying until Sunday. Are there cheaper single tickets available through the club, or would I just have to find someone else from the club who only needs one ticket and split the tickets with them?

Finally, I see that there is the possibility of taking the cars onto the track for a parade lap - is there a cost for this or do you have to register or something?

Thanks in advance for your help - sorry for all the newbie questions?!!!!

Shaner.

P.S. If there are any other ROI / NI members thinking of going over please speak up - we could organise an Irish convoy!

tommundy
22nd February 2015, 12:48 PM
Right, hi all!

Apologies for the delay in replying to messages, but I've had a crazily busy last month or so.

Anyway, I've got some good news!

I'm pleased to announce that the Mk1 Club will have their anniversary parade lap during the prime Saturday lunchtime spot! :D

To purchase tickets, please private message me with the following information:

Name
Address
Landline and/or Mobile Number
Car Registration
Ticket required (see table below)
Preferred payment method (PayPal, Bank Transfer or Cheque)

Table of ticket prices including all charges:

http://mr2mk1club.com/uploads/SS15/ssprices.JPG

All of the above prices include 2 tickets plus 1 in-field car pass. Once I've received your PM, I'll reply with the appropriate payment details.

Once I've received payment, I'll order your tickets and confirm with you once that's done.

I'm waiting on an answer as to whether we can attain in-field car passes on their own for people wanting to bring two cars between two people.

It's also been announced that Paul Young will headline on Friday night, with Status Quo heading up the Saturday night music stage.

It's going to be an amazing event!

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
22nd February 2015, 12:57 PM
Hi Tom,

I am thinking of coming over to the Silverstone Classic (from Dublin), this year with my 1988 Mica Blue Supercharger.

Great stuff!

However I have a couple of queries in relation to the logistics of the event as I have never been before.

If I come over with my car, can I park it / exhibit it on the club stand? If this is the case, then do the cars have to be on the stand for a certain time each day, and would they have to stay there overnight?

I'm asking because I may be staying at a hotel a few miles away and would therefore have to drive in and out to the circuit each day. Is this a crazy thing to do, as will there be nightmare traffic getting in and out of the circuit? I'm not certain I fancy camping to be honest.

You can leave your car on the stand overnight, which isn't a problem (I've done it in past years), but you are also free to take it to your hotel / camp site each night as well. There is a rule of no car movement until around 4pm each day.

All cars are meant to be on the stands for 10am officially, but we normally ask members to be there for 9am so that we can get the stand arranged etc. The event has grown over the past years, so the Saturday and Sunday can get busy, so I'd recommend aiming for 8:30 on those days. Friday shouldn't be as bad.

I would probably be coming over by myself - arriving at some stage on Friday, and staying until Sunday. Are there cheaper single tickets available through the club, or would I just have to find someone else from the club who only needs one ticket and split the tickets with them?

The offer that the club gets is 2 for 1, which is a great offer, but unfortunately we can't have half price single tickets.

Getting in touch with a member that could make use of your spare ticket is a great idea! However, the package only includes 1 car pass, so they'd have to come in your car.

Finally, I see that there is the possibility of taking the cars onto the track for a parade lap - is there a cost for this or do you have to register or something?

Thanks in advance for your help - sorry for all the newbie questions?!!!!

Shaner.

P.S. If there are any other ROI / NI members thinking of going over please speak up - we could organise an Irish convoy!
Yes, we've had confirmation that our parade lap will be on Saturday lunchtime, which is the prime spot!

There is no cost as this is included in your entrance ticket price and is due to it being the Mk1's 30th Anniversary and the Mk1 Club's 20th.

You'll really enjoy the event; I've never been to anything quite like it.

Please don't hesitate to ask anymore questions.

Cheers,
Tom

AW11mike
22nd February 2015, 12:58 PM
£67 for one day. take me and Glyn of the list please Tom.

tommundy
22nd February 2015, 01:02 PM
£67 for one day. take me and Glyn of the list please Tom.
That's a shame Mike. The prices have been on the first page since it was first posted.

I appreciate the ticket pricing is geared towards spending at least 2 days at the event. Hopefully you'll change your mind and join us for the weekend! :D

I personally think it's great value if you consider all that's included: static car show, racing from 9am to 9pm, free car experiences and fun fair, live music in the evening etc.

Cheers,
Tom

AW11mike
22nd February 2015, 01:13 PM
my fault for not reading it mate. just did not expect it to be that expensive! I am saving for some new wheels!:)

Philbar
22nd February 2015, 03:01 PM
This will be my second time with the club to the classic, and my 4th overall, and it is one of the best classic shows to attend, and reasonably priced when you consider that Goodwood are charging £130 for the 73rd Members Meeting in March for a weekend ticket, with the except of Spa in Belgium, whose entrance is free for the Spa Summer Classic. There is really too much to see and do in the two days Saturday and Sunday but sadly cannot do any longer due to work commitments etc.

I need to get my arse in motion soon and start bringing the car out of hibernation, as not touched or even uncovered it since October!...

sTuArT
22nd February 2015, 03:59 PM
Are you allowed to have a passenger during the parade lap?

tommundy
22nd February 2015, 04:14 PM
Are you allowed to have a passenger during the parade lap?
Sure!

bill hulme
27th February 2015, 08:11 PM
Tom, Please book me in for setting up Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
I will be camping at the woodlands.
Bill Hulme

tommundy
28th February 2015, 03:29 PM
Will do! :)

tommundy
2nd March 2015, 12:11 PM
Just announced is a pyrotechnic aerial display on Saturday night!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzcERSEsl1I#t=69

bill hulme
2nd March 2015, 01:01 PM
Ordered my ticket for camping at Silverstone's Woodlands camping today, Cant wait.
Bill.

Vistalite
2nd March 2015, 01:51 PM
I'm waiting on an answer as to whether we can attain in-field car passes on their own for people wanting to bring two cars between two people.

Hi Tom, is there any news on this yet please?

Thanks
Jonathan

tommundy
2nd March 2015, 01:51 PM
I'll drop you a PM Jonathan.

Cheers,
Tom

Lakelad
5th March 2015, 08:56 PM
Paid Tommy for tickets and booked and paid for camping. All set to go!

superwhite90
13th March 2015, 04:57 PM
Just to check this quick, it's BOGOF still?

tommundy
13th March 2015, 06:48 PM
Yes, until the end of May, but they're cheaper if you buy them before the end of March.

Cheers,
Tom

superwhite90
15th March 2015, 04:19 PM
If anyone thinks £33.50 is too much they are tight asses!!

AW11mike
15th March 2015, 04:36 PM
how did you get that price Alex? it said £67 for one day on the last page, which I cant justify for the parade lap,and I dont even want to put my AW11 on the club stand!! do they have their own price structure?

tommundy
15th March 2015, 05:03 PM
I guess Alex is taking the BOGOF into account. :)

AW11mike
15th March 2015, 05:07 PM
ok thanks Tom.:)

tommundy
15th March 2015, 06:10 PM
Hi all,

Lots of interest so far in this event, which is great!

Please remember to pay for your tickets before the end of the month to guarantee the best prices! :)

For those that have already purchased the tickets, thank you. Silverstone usually release the tickets a couple of weeks before the event, so don't worry about not receiving them sooner.

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
15th March 2015, 06:27 PM
List of attendees updated on the first page. :)

Master-B
15th March 2015, 06:34 PM
Hi all,

Lots of interest so far in this event, which is great!

Please remember to pay for your tickets before the end of the month to guarantee the best prices! :)

For those that have already purchased the tickets, thank you. Silverstone usually release the tickets a couple of weeks before the event, so don't worry about not receiving them sooner.

Cheers,
Tom
Whoops. Will transfer it now mate.

tommundy
15th March 2015, 06:35 PM
Whoops. Will transfer it now mate.
:+:

HowardB
15th March 2015, 06:57 PM
It's two for one, so if you're taking a mate . . .

superwhite90
16th March 2015, 11:55 AM
I'm not leaving it to the last minute, but i'm having my cambelt and water pump done on my daily driver on the 20th, so i may need additional funds for in case something goes tits up with that!

mk1 dal
16th March 2015, 12:46 PM
Is anybody wanting to go half's on a weekend pass as my brother can no longer go due to work .

Lakelad
16th March 2015, 02:41 PM
Is anybody wanting to go half's on a weekend pass as my brother can no longer go due to work .

Gary, I have just sent you a PM.

Graham

Scott Forster
17th March 2015, 08:50 AM
IM also looking for a co-attendee to go halfs with, anyone out there?

tommundy
17th March 2015, 12:58 PM
Please bare in mind that we can't guarantee that we can get two cars on the stand if you share a ticket package.

Each package only includes 1 in-field car pass.

Scott Forster
17th March 2015, 01:09 PM
So is the only way to guarantee a stand space to buy a single ticket?

Thanks Tom,

tommundy
18th March 2015, 05:27 PM
That's correct Scott. If the situation changes, I'll post up on here.

tommundy
18th March 2015, 05:28 PM
List of attendees updated on the first page. :D :+:

paulmannion
18th March 2015, 07:10 PM
List of attendees updated on the first page. :D :+:

Hi Tom, I'm waiting to find out the lap day bit will get a ticket once you know. Cheers.

tommundy
18th March 2015, 07:25 PM
Hi Tom, I'm waiting to find out the lap day bit will get a ticket once you know. Cheers.
Hi Paul,

I announced nearly a month ago that the parade lap is on the Saturday, which is great!

Looking forward to receiving your order.

Cheers,
Tom

sTuArT
18th March 2015, 09:49 PM
Wow it seems 15 down so far for the parade lap :-)

paulmannion
19th March 2015, 03:34 PM
Haha, sorry, my fault! I was checking back the first page where you're updating the numbers. It still says you'll update when you know. Excellent. Thanks Tom, me and my brother will be getting tickets for our Mr2s ASAP. Pay day Friday... I just need to get it through its MOT now...

tommundy
21st March 2015, 02:17 PM
Great, no problem Paul! :)

I've updated the info and attendees list on the 1st page.

It'll be great to have 30 Mk1's for the parade lap!

Cheers,
Tom

The Silver Fox
22nd March 2015, 01:11 PM
Money paid.

sunsetjoe
22nd March 2015, 06:26 PM
We would like to attend on the Saturday can you add us to the list please? when I have worked out the PM thing I will send details. Is payment to you?

tommundy
23rd March 2015, 08:43 AM
Cheers gents!

Johnso
23rd March 2015, 05:05 PM
Hi, I will be going on Saturday only, I have PM'd you the details as requested.

Looking forward to getting together with everyone and showing off the mk1 to a wide audience.

Shaner
24th March 2015, 11:39 PM
Hi Tom - I've decided to bite the bullet and bring the car over from Dublin for the whole weekend!

Put me down for Fri / Sat / Sun, in-field car pass & track parade etc. I don't need camping as have booked accomodation already.

I will send payment as requested in the next few days to get the better price.

I will be coming over on my own unless the wife suddenly decides to go (unlikely!) - so it looks like I will have a spare ticket if anyone needs an extra one? Though they wouldn't be able to bring a car from what I understand. Once I've paid, I will confirm that I definitely have a spare ticket available.

Big thanks to Tesco for paying for my ferry trip! Used my clubcard vouchers to pay for the whole return trip - at €300 odd I probably wouldn't have been able to come over without doing this.

Shane.

tommundy
25th March 2015, 09:20 PM
All PM's replied to I think. Get in touch if I've missed you out. :)

tommundy
25th March 2015, 09:22 PM
Hi Shane,

Great news!

Please PM me with your full name, address, phone number and car reg along with preferred payment method - PayPal or bank transfer.

I'll then reply with the details and amount.

Looking forward to having you over!

Are you camping at the Woodlands site?

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
25th March 2015, 09:27 PM
List on the 1st page updated too! :D

AndyB
25th March 2015, 10:05 PM
Hi Tom - I've just sent through the cash via bank transfer.

sTuArT
25th March 2015, 11:23 PM
Will the club stand be big enough to hold between 25 and 39 mk1s?

dylbie
26th March 2015, 07:40 AM
There's potentially 3 race cars coming too! How much space do we have?

tommundy
26th March 2015, 08:12 AM
It's a nice problem to have! :)

However, it's not a problem, as the stands are allocated dependant on how many tickets are sold.

Just a few days left to make use of the cheapest ticket prices. You can still get the two for one offer up until the end of May though! :D

Cheers,
Tom

BIGBOYZJUNK
26th March 2015, 12:25 PM
Hi Tom, Just Paid

superwhite90
26th March 2015, 01:13 PM
Can i have the bank transfer details please

tommundy
26th March 2015, 01:25 PM
Can i have the bank transfer details please
Just PM'd you Alex. :+:

tommundy
26th March 2015, 01:26 PM
Hi Tom, Just Paid
Cheers! :+:

tommundy
26th March 2015, 01:32 PM
List on the first page updated again. :+:

sTuArT
26th March 2015, 05:29 PM
So far 26 for the parade lap.

4 more to hit 30

7 more to hit 30 + a 10% contingency

:D

kevs aw11
26th March 2015, 08:58 PM
Hi
make that 27 put me and my son down for Saturday
thanks kev

nedward
27th March 2015, 01:32 PM
Id like to come on Saturday please. PM'd

Ned

celica1600gt
27th March 2015, 04:27 PM
Hi Tom
Can you add me to the list for saturday and sunday ( my spare ticket is allocated to a toyota friend) will book up to camp at woodlands .
Could do to buy another ticket for the sat and sunday as well for two other toyota friends if thats ok, we would all camp at woodlands , would leave a spare ticket for someone to get a second car in . sent you a pm about this .
if you send me some bank/paypal details and i will send you some cash and some vehicle details.
with thanks malcolm.

STUAW11
27th March 2015, 09:45 PM
Hi Tom I've paid via PayPal...could you confirm this on the list please...ps could you correct my sirname spelling...Nolloth. Thanks mate.

tommundy
27th March 2015, 11:23 PM
Hi all,

I'll follow up all emails / pms from the last 24 hours in the morning.

We've smashed the 30 car target! Great stuff!

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
28th March 2015, 10:40 AM
List updated on the first page and PM's replied to.

If you've paid by bank transfer, I'll be checking the account tomorrow evening and will update the list again after that.

Cheers,
Tom

nedward
29th March 2015, 05:58 PM
Hi Tom, money transferred. I have pm'd the requested details

Thank you

Ned

kevs aw11
29th March 2015, 06:17 PM
Hi tom
same here
kev

Joy Toy Boy
29th March 2015, 08:19 PM
Hi Tom, I've sent you PM.

Joy Toy Boy
30th March 2015, 05:47 AM
We would like to attend on the Saturday can you add us to the list please? when I have worked out the PM thing I will send details. Is payment to you?

Hi Andy, it's Neil here from down the road in Derby.
Notice your name's not on the front list yet and wondering if you'v sussed out the private messaging yet.
Press the tommundy name in green on one of his posts and a drop down menu appears with "private messaging " in it.
Tap that and you can then send your details to Tom directly and he will send you the banking details back.
To check your PMs you can tap the small tab at the top of the page marked "private messaging "

Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs here, but didn't want you to miss out if you're wanting to go.
Hope to see you there :D

tommundy
30th March 2015, 06:56 AM
Hi Andy, it's Neil here from down the road in Derby.
Notice your name's not on the front list yet and wondering if you'v sussed out the private messaging yet.
Press the tommundy name in green on one of his posts and a drop down menu appears with "private messaging " in it.
Tap that and you can then send your details to Tom directly and he will send you the banking details back.
To check your PMs you can tap the small tab at the top of the page marked "private messaging "

Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs here, but didn't want you to miss out if you're wanting to go.
Hope to see you there :D
Hi Neil,

Andy got sorted. His name is the first one on the list. :)

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
30th March 2015, 07:36 AM
List updated on the first page! :+:

Snowtigger
30th March 2015, 07:44 AM
Can me and the other half come in the haslbeck can I have the payment details please cheers.

tommundy
30th March 2015, 07:49 AM
Can me and the other half come in the haslbeck can I have the payment details please cheers.
PM'd! :+:

tommundy
30th March 2015, 11:30 AM
List updated again! :+:

superwhite90
30th March 2015, 11:31 AM
Paid :)

Just got to get it running now!

tommundy
30th March 2015, 11:40 AM
http://mr2mk1club.com/uploads/update1.JPG

http://mr2mk1club.com/uploads/update2.JPG

Bring it on! :D

dylbie
30th March 2015, 12:27 PM
Tom, I've PMed you. There are potentially another 5 cars for the stand/parade lap.

Joy Toy Boy
30th March 2015, 02:43 PM
Hi Tom, I've paid via bank transfer
£85 for Sat/Sun 2 day ticket.
Thanks Neil

sTuArT
30th March 2015, 03:45 PM
Just been looking at the Saturday parade list and the mx5 is included for their 25th year anniversary.

tommundy
30th March 2015, 04:02 PM
Updated the list on the 1st page again. Great effort guys! :+:

dylbie
30th March 2015, 06:42 PM
At the eleventh hour we've sorted a special visitor who will be on stand and on the parade lap! Anyone who follows the TARC race series will know who it is!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2015/03/2014CadwellMR2Practice55_zps78787558-1.jpg

For anyone who doesn't, this is the current MR2 Mk1 champion :)

tommundy
30th March 2015, 06:51 PM
Cool.

I'm just in the process of ordering ~£3500 worth of tickets!

Double, triple and quadruple checking it! :D

mk1 dal
30th March 2015, 09:34 PM
Brilliant turn out . Well done tom and thanks for all the hard work organizing this great event .

dylbie
1st April 2015, 11:12 AM
Silverstone Classic to be extended to 5 days for special 25th Anniversary! :D

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/press/Special-Anniversary-Races-Added-To-Silverstone-Classic-Line-Up

The Silver Fox
1st April 2015, 11:41 AM
One of the best I have seen today:D

tommundy
1st April 2015, 01:14 PM
:lol:

tommundy
1st April 2015, 01:14 PM
Brilliant turn out . Well done tom and thanks for all the hard work organizing this great event .
Cheers mate. It'll be worth all the hard work!

Philbar
1st April 2015, 01:16 PM
Any silver 2's attending?...

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/Content/Silver-Sunday

paulandchez
19th April 2015, 09:10 AM
Tom, sent you a PM mate

tommundy
19th April 2015, 11:15 AM
Hi Paul,

Yep, seen that. :)

I'll be doing some club admin after the F1, so expect a reply tonight. :+:

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
19th April 2015, 06:27 PM
List updated on the first page! :+:

For those that haven't bought tickets already, you have until the end of May to take advantage of the 2 for 1 offer! :)

tommundy
27th April 2015, 06:23 PM
Latest promotion from Silverstone! 90's F1 cars included! :D

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/page.cfm/EMSLinkClick=531_184_146_143416_20284_6300

dylbie
27th April 2015, 08:22 PM
90s F1 cars are going to be epic! :D :D :D

Hopefully Ferrari will bring something along. Those early 90s V12s are porn to my ears!

superwhite90
28th April 2015, 11:14 AM
I've just wet my pants seeing that we will be driving alongside the NSX club as part of our parade...

paulandchez
29th April 2015, 11:44 AM
We've booked camping for the weekend too, on the one recommended here. Are we going to co-ordinate being together, or is it every man for himself?

Thanks

Paul and Cheryl

bill hulme
29th April 2015, 01:53 PM
We've booked camping for the weekend too, on the one recommended here. Are we going to co-ordinate being together, or is it every man for himself?

Thanks

Paul and Cheryl
We try to get together but by Saturday its crowded, Keep going down the right hand lane, We will be about 3to4 lanes on the left from the end, we will have one of our flags up.
Bill.

tommundy
29th April 2015, 02:08 PM
Hi Paul,

You'll have the mobile numbers of several organisers, so getting pitched up close by us will be easy. :+:

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
15th May 2015, 02:59 PM
Just 2 WEEKS left to take advantage of the club's 2-for-1 offer on tickets!!!

tommundy
25th May 2015, 09:44 AM
Hi all, just five days left to take advantage of the club's offer on tickets!! :D

Also, someone that was going, unfortunately can't and so they're selling their weekend package tickets.

£100 ono.

Please get in touch with Peter via his profile.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/member.php?10268-pscatchard

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
25th May 2015, 09:52 AM
Check out all the other clubs that are going!

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/page.cfm/EMSLinkClick=650_189_149_193807_20284_6193

tommundy
25th May 2015, 09:52 AM
...and lots of other fun stuff to do while you're there!

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/page.cfm/EMSLinkClick=531_187_148_175268_20284_143

tommundy
25th May 2015, 10:03 AM
Also, would anyone be interested in this?

After the successful introduction of the Mike Brewer Car Clinic at last year’s Silverstone Classic, Mike will be back again on stage during Sunday of the event, 26th July, to talk all things 'Classic car'. Topics will include tips on buying, restoration and on selling, generally how to get the best out of a Classic Car.

We are looking for a total of 30 cars to represent the wide range of classic cars on display on the infield at the Silverstone Classic to join Mike Brewer on stage, with the car’s owner, to discuss their experiences of their pride and joy. Each session will be around 5 - 10 minutes in duration. The chosen Classic Cars will need to be on display in the stage area for the whole day rather than be on their car club stand.

If you have a suitable chatty member of your club who also owns a good example of a tidy classic car, please ask them to contact us with details of the car, how long in their ownership, etc., summary of actual or planned restoration and a photo.

tommundy
1st June 2015, 03:09 PM
Hi all,

Don't forget that if you're camping, and if you haven't done already, you need to book it via Silverstone using the below link:

http://silverstoneclassic.seetickets.com/event/silverstone-classic/silverstone-circuit-northamptonshire/828550?extrasonly=true

The facilities are great and you can stay from Thursday to Monday for one flat price.

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
4th June 2015, 08:06 AM
Hi all,

I was asked whether you need to produce a driving licence to take part in the parade lap. The good news is that you don't, but you obviously do need to have one!

Please find the official word from Silverstone below:

"Drivers don't have to produce a licence but do have to sign on to confirm that they are legit."

Cheers,
Tom

mk1 dal
4th June 2015, 11:20 AM
Hi all,

I was asked whether you need to produce a driving licence to take part in the parade lap. The good news is that you don't, but you obviously do need to have one!

"Drivers don't have to produce a licence but do have to sign on to confirm that they are legit."

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks for confirming it Tom .

superwhite90
4th June 2015, 01:49 PM
I should be fitting cambelt this weekend...i'm gagging to get it going for this, but don't worry if it's not, i may borrow someone elses ;)

kevs aw11
4th June 2015, 06:21 PM
Hi tom
will we be all parked up together theres going to be a lot of car parking needed
thanks kev

bill hulme
5th June 2015, 01:57 AM
Hi tom
will we be all parked up together theres going to be a lot of car parking needed
thanks kev

Yes Kev we all park together we will have one hell of a plot.
Bill.

kevs aw11
5th June 2015, 07:04 PM
Yes Kev we all park together we will have one hell of a plot.
Bill.

wow that's going to be some BBQ

Clifford Hardman
6th June 2015, 02:00 PM
Hi, Has anyone got or knows how I can get a ticket for the Saturday at Silverstone please. Only just got car tested after coming over from France. Mk1 1985 never been used over past 2/3 years. Just want to be for the parade lap hopefully!
Cheers.
If anyone could pm me as web site baffles me! cliffsylvia@gmail.com

celica1600gt
6th June 2015, 06:12 PM
email sent

AndyB
14th June 2015, 08:52 AM
Hi All,

I have weekend camping tickets for this - really looking forward to it now! I'm taking my daughter with me but she gets free entry so I've offered my +1 ticket to a good friend of mine.

We have another friend that is very keen to attend but is finding the normal Saturday and Sunday ticket prices too high for his budget. Does anybody have a spare Saturday (and possibly Sunday) ticket going unused from their club +1 deal? I'm sure that we could sort something out by way of remuneration!

Cheers all. Andy.

mk1 dal
25th June 2015, 01:56 PM
Hi , i might have to pull out of this event ( i will know more next week ) if i do pull out i will sell the ticket ,its for all weekend . pretty pissed off at the moment i can tell you .

Gary .

superwhite90
1st July 2015, 10:05 AM
Tom, I hope to have my car running this weekend. However if for some reason it's not right, I have been told I can borrow an absolutely MINT red mk1b off the bloke who rebuilt my cylinder head.

As this is a different number plate, will this be a major issue with my ticket?

Best regards,

Alex

AndyB
1st July 2015, 02:15 PM
Hi All, this is a bump for my request for a spare Saturday (and possibly Sunday) ticket? If you're not using your club +1 ticket then I'd be really interested. I'm sure we can come to some sort of arrangement.

Thanks - Andy

HowardB
1st July 2015, 05:08 PM
Hi Andy - I've got both, pm me!
Howard

AndyB
1st July 2015, 07:59 PM
Howard - you have PM!

superwhite90
2nd July 2015, 10:09 AM
ignore my post, i can't borrow the car now.

Joy Toy Boy
3rd July 2015, 08:15 PM
Hi. Can I ask what happens regarding the tickets for this event, are they being sent out to us or do we pick them up at the venue? This is a new one for me.

tommundy
3rd July 2015, 09:09 PM
Hi Neil, they'll be sent out as soon as I receive them. If you're camping over, I can hold on to them and hand them over in person. :+:

I'm hoping the tickets arrive in the next week or so! :)

Joy Toy Boy
3rd July 2015, 09:14 PM
Ok thanks

Johnsf
4th July 2015, 03:38 PM
Currently trying to figure out when to get to Woodlands campsite.
What is the latest time we could get there on the Thursday evening and put up our tent without being a nuisance to other campers ? What is the latest access time Thursday evening and earliest Friday morning ?

John F

Sharky86
4th July 2015, 05:12 PM
Hi,

I'm kinda new around these parts and wondered what to do in order to join in the parade lap on the 25th July?

I'm guessing I need to pay for membership and a ticket, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Cheers

ETA: Found page 5! PM sent to Tom

dylbie
4th July 2015, 10:23 PM
Ahhhh!!! 3 weekends to go, time is ticking like the Sword of Damocles hanging over my head. I'm changing the gearbox tomorrow.

I got the car out last night in preparation for the box change, and then, bearing in mind I don't like the car getting wet, I look out the window at 2AM and this is what I see...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yosWGRo-BqQ

Someone said my car is cursed. I'm beginning to agree!

mk1 dal
5th July 2015, 05:12 AM
Good vid it saved you washing it :grin: , the storm hit my way around 2.30 am and scared the living daylights out of my dogs and flooded my garage it rained that hard .

BIGBOYZJUNK
5th July 2015, 09:39 PM
Hi Tom. Moved house. Pm'd new addy for tickets

mk1 dal
6th July 2015, 03:57 PM
I will be going , booked my camping today . looking forward to the show .

mk1 dal
6th July 2015, 03:59 PM
Currently trying to figure out when to get to Woodlands campsite.
What is the latest time we could get there on the Thursday evening and put up our tent without being a nuisance to other campers ? What is the latest access time Thursday evening and earliest Friday morning ?

John F

What time are you calling late john ,

mk1 dal
6th July 2015, 04:11 PM
Just found out John the gates close to the camp site at 11pm .

tommundy
7th July 2015, 05:25 PM
Hi Tom. Moved house. Pm'd new addy for tickets
Received and updated, cheers!

tommundy
7th July 2015, 05:30 PM
Hi,

I'm kinda new around these parts and wondered what to do in order to join in the parade lap on the 25th July?

I'm guessing I need to pay for membership and a ticket, can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Cheers

ETA: Found page 5! PM sent to Tom

Received and replied! :+:

bill hulme
8th July 2015, 04:51 PM
My Camping ticket arrived today.
Bill.

mk1 dal
9th July 2015, 04:08 PM
Got my camping tickets today , 2 weeks today and we will be setting up the stand . Any i dear where the club plot is at Silverstone this year .

sunsetjoe
9th July 2015, 04:21 PM
I assume our day tickets will soon arrive? Really looking forward to it after watching Louis

tommundy
9th July 2015, 05:13 PM
Don't know yet Gary, and I'm still waiting to receive the tickets. I'll chase Silverstone up after the weekend.

I'll update you all as necessary. :)

BIGBOYZJUNK
11th July 2015, 09:26 AM
My wife's only gone and booked my daughters birthday party on this Saturday :cry:

tommundy
13th July 2015, 04:51 PM
Right, I've come home today to the organisers pack, which should keep me busy(er). :)

The tickets should follow within the next few days, and I'll be sending them out as soon as I've received them.

Our stand will be in the blue zone number 8:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/uploads/map15.jpg

Really can't wait!!! :D

dylbie
13th July 2015, 05:57 PM
Wow that's awesome! Hopefully we can get the prime position right where the bridge enters the infield! I was thinking we'd be with the Ferraris and Astons but I think they are in zone 6.

Vistalite
13th July 2015, 06:05 PM
The Ferraris were in zone 6 in 2014 and we had a tiny plot in Zone 4. Shame it's not on a nice stretch of grass, but I suppose they give those out to the picnic brigade with the Morgans :D

Vistalite
14th July 2015, 12:44 PM
The Ferraris were in zone 6 in 2014 and we had a tiny plot in Zone 4. Shame it's not on a nice stretch of grass, but I suppose they give those out to the picnic brigade with the Morgans :D

Just checked and our plot is on the grass.

Snowtigger
14th July 2015, 05:27 PM
Great news can't wait for it

Lakelad
15th July 2015, 09:22 PM
Picked up my car from the garage after work (I had forgotten it needed an MOT before Silverstone and it failed - but all fixed up just in time) so a busy evening washing and polishing in readiness for the start of its journey south!

Philbar
15th July 2015, 09:22 PM
Busy week next week then, prepping the car for this, hope the weather holds out! .. see you all soon

Master-B
15th July 2015, 09:31 PM
Picked up my car from the garage after work (I had forgotten it needed an MOT before Silverstone and it failed - but all fixed up just in time) so a busy evening washing and polishing in readiness for the start of its journey south!
Don't clean it too much! It will be covered in files etc by the time I've finished the 2nd leg at woodlands!!! :p

Lakelad
16th July 2015, 06:38 AM
Don't clean it too much! It will be covered in files etc by the time I've finished the 2nd leg at woodlands!!! :p

I don't understand - you don't end up splattered with flies if you keep below 50mph!!

Master-B
16th July 2015, 06:40 AM
Ha ha ha!

tommundy
16th July 2015, 08:17 AM
Right, Silverstone have confirmed that all tickets have been sent out, so everything is crossed they'll be with me today / tomorrow.

I'll be phoning around people to ask for their postage/delivery preference from one of the below methods:

1st Class (at your own risk, but no need to go to the post office if you miss the postman)
1st Class recorded (if you're not in, you'll have to go to the post office)
Special Delivery (this will be guaranteed next day, but I'll have to grab £4 off you at the show to cover the additional postage)
For those that are arriving at the campsite on either Thursday or Friday night, I can give you the tickets in person

There will also be some important information included with the tickets, which you will need to read carefully. This includes information on where and at what time we need to be on Saturday for the parade lap.

There'll also be other information coming up on this thread over the next few days, so please keep checking back regularly.

Not long now! :D

Cheers,
Tom

dylbie
16th July 2015, 08:43 AM
Awesome news!

BIGBOYZJUNK
16th July 2015, 11:33 AM
I will have mine off ya on Saturday...:)

superwhite90
16th July 2015, 11:42 AM
Will I need a copy of my driving license for the parade lap? I'm sure I brought it with me last time and when I did the WRA

tommundy
16th July 2015, 02:21 PM
I will have mine off ya on Saturday...:)
Cool, will do if they've arrived. :+:

tommundy
16th July 2015, 02:22 PM
Will I need a copy of my driving license for the parade lap? I'm sure I brought it with me last time and when I did the WRA

Hi all,

Cheers,
Tom
Here you go Alex.

superwhite90
16th July 2015, 03:38 PM
Oh cheers mate

BigP
16th July 2015, 04:01 PM
Good afternoon all - my friend who was coming to Silberstone was involved in a serious car accident last week (he wasn't driving), and has broken his collarbone in three places and as a result can't come, so i have a spare weekend ticket and an extra camping ticket available - £50.00 if anyone can make use of it. Just PM me if interested.

Paul

kevs aw11
16th July 2015, 04:50 PM
Hi tom
do you know whats the earliest we can get in on the Saturday, hoping to get down nice and early
thanks kev

Philbar
17th July 2015, 02:26 PM
Send mine Special Delivery please Tom, and give you the £4 at Silverstone if that's ok?... thanks Phil

Shaner
17th July 2015, 02:46 PM
Hi Tom - you may have to send mine by special delivery as well to make sure they definitely reach Ireland by Wednesday. I'm leaving Dublin early on Thursday morning, and will arrive at the circuit on Friday morning. I'm not camping so probably won't be able to get the tickets from you beforehand.

Have sent you a PM with my mobile number if you need to contact me. Thanks.

Shane.

superwhite90
17th July 2015, 03:00 PM
Can I have special please Tom and I shall also give you £4 at Silverstone or can pay through Paypal if you so wish?

superwhite90
17th July 2015, 07:17 PM
Highly unlikely I'll be in the mr2 as I have an oil leak from crankshaft seal...

tommundy
18th July 2015, 08:30 AM
Hi tom
do you know whats the earliest we can get in on the Saturday, hoping to get down nice and early
thanks kev
Hi Kev,

Gates open at 7:30am and there's normally someone on the stand at around 8am. :+:

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
18th July 2015, 08:30 AM
Highly unlikely I'll be in the mr2 as I have an oil leak from crankshaft seal...
Gutted, sorry to hear it Alex!

sunsetjoe
18th July 2015, 09:01 AM
1st class recorded should get from Sheff to Derby in time! Thanks

kevs aw11
18th July 2015, 09:09 AM
Hi Kev,

Gates open at 7:30am and there's normally someone on the stand at around 8am. :+:

Cheers,
Tom

great tom looking forward to it
kev

The Silver Fox
18th July 2015, 09:12 AM
Special Delivery for me please Tom. PayPal or cash next Saturday, let me know.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy A5 using Tapatalk

sTuArT
18th July 2015, 09:14 AM
I'm sure it's all under control but there's only 4 more working days until the event starts on Friday. Do we have a plan for the ticket distrubution?

kevs aw11
18th July 2015, 10:15 AM
1st class recorded should get from Sheff to Derby in time! Thanks

Hi tom can you do the same with mine
thanks kev

dylbie
18th July 2015, 11:40 AM
Same for my tickets as well please. I also ordered 2 more tickets for others so I'm getting a bit worried n9w that I won't be able to get the tickets to them.

Is there any update on this?

mk1 dal
18th July 2015, 12:14 PM
I will get my tickets on the Thursday mate at Silverstone .

Martin42006
18th July 2015, 12:17 PM
I will get my tickets from you on friday evening. Thanks

tommundy
18th July 2015, 12:56 PM
Tickets arrived this morning! They will be in the post Monday. I'll reply to all messages tomorrow.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/18/fd5a429cb7a23e9b4e5d51e223c79966.jpg

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
18th July 2015, 01:38 PM
PS: Obviously, if you've specified collection in person, they won't be posted.

sTuArT
18th July 2015, 01:42 PM
I'm also happy to pay special delivery :-)

kevs aw11
18th July 2015, 01:53 PM
Tickets arrived this morning! They will be in the post Monday. I'll reply to all messages tomorrow.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2015/07/fd5a429cb7a23e9b4e5d51e223c79966-1.jpg

Cheers,
Tom

while we have all the tickets together can we have a draw one lucky ticket leads the way on the lap of honour
kev

tommundy
18th July 2015, 02:13 PM
Can do Kev! :)

Vistalite
18th July 2015, 04:10 PM

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2015/07/fd5a429cb7a23e9b4e5d51e223c79966-1.jpg

Cheers,
Tom

Excellent. I can see the pass for one of my cars, whoopee.

BTW Tom, did you order you armchair fabric to specifically match a mk1b seat, as it looks rather similar?!

The Silver Fox
18th July 2015, 05:45 PM
while we have all the tickets together can we have a draw one lucky ticket leads the way on the lap of honour
kev
Or perhaps as its the 30th anniversary, we could have the 30 yr old cars at the front :cool:

Vistalite
18th July 2015, 05:46 PM
I'm not really bothered where I am, just as long as I'm there. I hope there will be someone to record the event with some decent photo's to show afterwards.

superwhite90
18th July 2015, 05:50 PM
I'm not coming in mine as I need a new crankshaft. But I will be there in my peugeot :) *sad*

paulandchez
18th July 2015, 06:43 PM
We'll get ours off you Friday at the campsite Tom

Thanks for sorting it

kevs aw11
18th July 2015, 06:46 PM
just an idea sorry to step on anybodys toes

The Silver Fox
18th July 2015, 06:49 PM
just an idea sorry to step on anybodys toes
Not stepping on my toes Kev, just a different idea. It's all up to Tom.

gonae86
18th July 2015, 06:49 PM
I think I might join in on saturday or sunday.... what day would it be best ?
anybody with spare tickets for sale or should I buy from main website ?

not sure if I Will bring the mr2 though the bodywork is in need of some TLC

dylbie
18th July 2015, 06:57 PM
I vote for the club chairman to lead in his V6, or Paul Woods in his - as he is Mr MR2! Or Paul Corbridge in his reigning championship winning car! :)

I'm happy to go at the back with my rust holes and shabby paintwork!

tommundy
18th July 2015, 07:29 PM
I want to be right in the middle of it; can't wait! :D

Lakelad
18th July 2015, 07:33 PM
Less than a week to go - really looking forward to the whole weekend - All set to take the car to Liverpool tomorrow for it beginning its journey south with Kris. Only two days left to go at work! Plans afoot to meet up will Bill and Gary enroute. Camping ticket arrived. Stocked up on beer and snacks. Checked the weather forcast and even that looks good.

Snowtigger
18th July 2015, 09:54 PM
Is it rarest mr2 mk1 goes first then I win lol, can't wait for the tickets.

mk1 dal
18th July 2015, 09:57 PM
It will be brilliant mate top weekend , i will now sort out bill's car to show standard now mine wont be going and we know he's not in to polishing :thumbup:

BigP
18th July 2015, 11:04 PM
Hi Tom,

I'll collect my ticket from the campsite on Thursday or Friday.

Spare weekend ticket and camping ticket available £50.00 for the pair if anyone needs them just message me!

Paul

gonae86
19th July 2015, 06:24 AM
Can they be split ? I just want to go one day....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

tommundy
19th July 2015, 10:04 AM
£50 is less than what you'd pay for just a Saturday ticket. It's a bargain!

gonae86
19th July 2015, 10:08 AM
Fair point :). I will take one at least. How many available?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

BigP
19th July 2015, 01:12 PM
Sorry, ticket sold last night as I'd messaged a few friends to see if anyone wanted to go.

tommundy
19th July 2015, 05:03 PM
Right, the tickets have been sorted, checked, double checked and triple checked! All those that are being posted will be sent off in the morning.

I've just got to put together an information sheet as Silverstone didn't provide me with enough.

Looking forward to a beer later tonight! :)

tommundy
19th July 2015, 05:47 PM
Hi all,

A copy of this will be being sent out with all tickets, but please take a read of it carefully beforehand:

Silverstone Info Pack (http://www.mr2mk1club.com/uploads/SilverstoneInfoPack.pdf)

Cheers,
Tom

PS: If I see you before the Saturday, I'll grab your signature for the parade lap then. :)

Lakelad
19th July 2015, 06:18 PM
Well done Tommy - a huge effort to get all that sorted so quickly. Thanks for the phone call - it's good to talk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joy Toy Boy
19th July 2015, 07:39 PM
Well done Tommy - a huge effort to get all that sorted so quickly. Thanks for the phone call - it's good to talk!

Big thumbs up to that!

sTuArT
19th July 2015, 08:45 PM
Enjoy your beer Tom you deserve it. Nice information sheet :-)

dylbie
19th July 2015, 08:53 PM
Nice one Tom! Hats off to you for sorting all this out! Can't wait til the weekend now! :D

I'm actually staying in a B&B in the village as it worked out cheaper than camping, and more importantly my campervan is off the road with some fairly drastic problems. I feel this may have been an oversight though as I'll miss the parties in the Woodlands

Does anyone know if you can get in to woodlands without a wrist-band?

Master-B
19th July 2015, 09:34 PM
You're meant to need the wristband but security was pretty slack at woodlands during f1. I know this, as I just walked in.

Apparently others were bunking in by just hopping on the campsite shuttles.

So if they have the same security team on you'll probably find a way in.

Lakelad
19th July 2015, 09:57 PM
Hey Kris, how come you have time to comment- I thought you would be out keeping check on your drive!

Lologee
20th July 2015, 01:40 PM
Tickets have all been posted this morning, so you should have them by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest :-)

superwhite90
20th July 2015, 02:11 PM
I'm gutted my '2 won't be coming however it's still going to be an awesome day out. I'll try not let my car ruin the day for me!

Vistalite
20th July 2015, 03:25 PM
I'm gutted my '2 won't be coming however it's still going to be an awesome day out. I'll try not let my car ruin the day for me!

You're having the worst run of luck ever with that engine of yours, but you certainly deserve a medal for perseverance. I'd like to think Silverstone will spur you on to get it running, and if anything it'll be a good counselling session for you.

superwhite90
20th July 2015, 03:55 PM
All I need is a crankshaft. It may seem like an uphill battle but that's all I need as i'm self taught for putting the rest back together!

STUAW11
20th July 2015, 08:28 PM
Hi We will be arriving on the Saturday...and camping..if I can get it all in the car!...are we all camping together?..just wondering when to set up...as we need to be there by 8.30..and can't move car until 5...would be good to set up camp beforehand..Stu

tommundy
21st July 2015, 07:15 AM
Hi We will be arriving on the Saturday...and camping..if I can get it all in the car!...are we all camping together?..just wondering when to set up...as we need to be there by 8.30..and can't move car until 5...would be good to set up camp beforehand..Stu
That's the plan Stu!

There will be a club flag flying near our tents, which should help you find us. If it was me, I'd try and get there a bit earlier and set up camp before heading over to the stand.

Feel free to give either Bill or myself a call if you're struggling to find us.

Cheers,
Tom

tommundy
21st July 2015, 09:43 AM
Tickets have all been posted this morning, so you should have them by tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest :-)
Thank you dear!

People have already reported tickets arriving! :D

tommundy
21st July 2015, 09:46 AM
NOTE: Some people's club membership has expired and you haven't responded to several e-mail reminders, so please don't be offended if I come and ask you for your £10 renewal fee at the weekend. :)

Philbar
21st July 2015, 10:16 AM
Tickets just this minute arrived Tom, thanks for that! almost set now for the weekend :)

gonae86
21st July 2015, 10:28 AM
I will be there on Sat :)

tommundy
21st July 2015, 10:55 AM
Further promotion from Silverstone! :D

http://www.silverstoneclassic.com/page.cfm/EMSLinkClick=531_204_162_261909_20284_8370