PDA

View Full Version : Dreams into Reality

seveer_rm
9th December 2014, 08:41 PM
Hello everyone.

Finally got my hands onto an 85' Mk.1 MR2 this past week, and I'm glad to finally be a part of the club! :D

Pictures

Here's a link to an Imgur album of the exterior and dirty engine bay:
http://imgur.com/a/RCZBX

Intentions

My plan is to own this car for many years to come, so I want to get this car into the best shape that I can — both mechanically and aesthetically.

Right now I have the car with my mechanic to address some concerns that I had with it, and from there I'm going to renovate the interior.

I'm going to be posting some How To's and progress shots of each project I take on with this car.

A Bit About Me

I'm 25 years old. I'm a bit of a nerd. ...okay, a big nerd. I work for a website hosting company, I program, I play lots of video games, and I'm just getting into automotive mechanics.

When I was a kid I used to pass this house that had four MR2s sitting in the driveway (two Mk.1s and two Mk.2s). I never considered that I'd ever get the chance to actually own one, but there was always just something about them that was so different and alluring. Now here I am, finally living that dream.

I'm hoping I get a chance to get to know a lot of you.

It's nice to meet you all.

AW11mike
10th December 2014, 09:07 AM
welcome to the club. car looks great.:thumbup: Mike

AndyB
10th December 2014, 01:20 PM
Hi and welcome. Car looks very tidy (apart from the scrape!)

I'm always envious of the American cars as they look far less affected by rust than our UK ones.

cchrysos
10th December 2014, 02:58 PM
Hi and welcome to the club.

I really like the silver MK1a. Quite a rare beast and looks great condition.
Enjoy!

HowardB
10th December 2014, 05:41 PM
Looks great, and the Arizona plate is cool!

sTuArT
10th December 2014, 07:03 PM
Looks great. Are the windows tinted and do you have the original alloys

seveer_rm
11th December 2014, 12:31 AM
welcome to the club. car looks great.:thumbup: Mike

Thanks Mike!

Hi and welcome. Car looks very tidy (apart from the scrape!)

I'm always envious of the American cars as they look far less affected by rust than our UK ones.

Thank you. I agree. The scrape is a bit of an eyesore, but it also makes me feel more easy about any door dings or scratches I may get while I own it.

As for rust — I'm just lucky to leave on the West coast, where rust is pretty rare.

Hi and welcome to the club.

I really like the silver MK1a. Quite a rare beast and looks great condition.
Enjoy!

Thanks. I was looking for a white MK1, but I've actually found the silver to be growing on me quite a bit.

Looks great, and the Arizona plate is cool!

Thanks! I plan on getting some custom plates for it at some point. Just have to think of what message I want to say =P

Looks great. Are the windows tinted and do you have the original alloys

Thank you. The windows are tinted, but I don't have the original alloys.

The 2nd owner had a huge log of changing the wheels and tires about every six to twelve months, and they were lost somewhere between 1999-2007. The previous owner told me he bought the car with these wheels on it. The original donut is in the frunk, and he had a spare wheel in there that matches the ones on the car now.