PDA

View Full Version : Verdict?

Mutley00
5th November 2014, 02:06 PM
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201410258489338/sort/default/make/toyota/postcode/s119jh/engine-size-cars/1-4l_to_1-6l/quicksearch/true/model/mr2/page/1/radius/1500/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/usedcars?logcode=p

AndyB
5th November 2014, 02:19 PM
Yikes! People do go for some unusual colours don't they, yellow was talked about last month and now orange.

Boba Fett
5th November 2014, 03:45 PM
Well yes that's orange, that car has been well and truly Tango'd, it's not very original but all depends on what you are looking for. Personally I think it's alright, apart from those wheels, they are step to far.

Jon

julianw
5th November 2014, 07:13 PM
Well I thought this would have the blue interior hate club out on the streets! A black interior would surely make it the essence of the 80s, though. I can't help thinking either this is a 1500quid paint job on a nail, or the paint job is er, not very good...

Ps I love it to bits. And its a sunroof! Smitten
Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

HowardB
5th November 2014, 07:14 PM
Ooh yes, although better with black wheels!

Master-B
5th November 2014, 07:22 PM
They mis-spelt TURD :-(

superwhite90
6th November 2014, 02:44 PM
That is MING-MONG!

Mutley00
7th November 2014, 01:24 PM
Ooh yes, although better with black wheels!

Ha - great minds.....that's exactly what I thought. Then you'd have the colour scheme of my Elise, except Lotus call it Lava Orange not Tango!

I spoke to the dealer who was honest enough to admit its not a great re-spray and you dont have to look too hard to find traces of its original Light Blue Metallic colour. I wonder if there is something special under the bonnet that the dealer doesn't know about, that possessed the previous owner to put TRD badges on the boot.

superwhite90
7th November 2014, 04:18 PM
Ha - great minds.....that's exactly what I thought. Then you'd have the colour scheme of my Elise, except Lotus call it Lava Orange not Tango!

I spoke to the dealer who was honest enough to admit its not a great re-spray and you dont have to look too hard to find traces of its original Light Blue Metallic colour. I wonder if there is something special under the bonnet that the dealer doesn't know about, that possessed the previous owner to put TRD badges on the boot.

Yeah, a TRD oil cap ;)

AW11mike
7th November 2014, 06:15 PM
A fake TRD oil cap Alex!:)

Fab4mr2
16th November 2014, 05:27 AM
I suddenly have a craving for a bowl of orange sherbert. :-)

Definitely needs a black interior. Would look half decent with one. But I wonder what you see when you open up the various hoods (blue?).

cchrysos
16th November 2014, 10:54 AM
It will surely be blue under the lids! Look at picture 12, even the top of the a pillar has not be painted in the door shut area....it's blue at the top and orange below.

I actually think the orange has potential...looks better than the many yellow ones I have seen IMO.

Done properly, it could look good

Fab4mr2
16th November 2014, 07:58 PM
It will surely be blue under the lids! Look at picture 12, even the top of the a pillar has not be painted in the door shut area....it's blue at the top and orange below.

I actually think the orange has potential...looks better than the many yellow ones I have seen IMO.

Done properly, it could look good
Didn't notice that spot of blue. Yes, I certainly would expect the lid undersides to be blue, as these areas are rarely done when converting colors, which make them look all the worse when contrasting colors are used. But as you say. it has potential, if someone would just make up for the previous owner's shortcuts. I've certainly seen a lot worse. The orange wheels aren't even terrible, but would definitely look much better in black. Here in the US there are so many of these cars that they have been abused in numerous ways, lol. When I shopped for a replacement MKI earlier this year I found far more than I had expected that had been customized in more ways than I could have imagined. :-(

marvelousm
19th November 2014, 06:38 PM
The garage claim they are in the Potteries, appropriate for clay coloured car.