PDA

View Full Version : Itsy busty teeny weeny micro meet

cchrysos
27th October 2014, 07:33 PM
Driving through a local village on my way to halfords on Sunday and I saw a red mr2 driving towards me. Realising there Are so few about I figured it would be Stuart who lives quite close...but we have never managed to meet..
Anyway, we flashed lights, pulled over and had a tiny little mr2 mk1 meet.

Great to meet you Stuart.

AndyB
27th October 2014, 08:06 PM
That's quality! I haven't seen a mk1 on the roads near me for ages now..

Jemehan
18th December 2014, 12:35 PM
I am in Ashford, always up for a little MR2 meet, I see a couple around, one lives on the next road up, another couple in Folkestone I have seen and I saw a red one on the back roads of Lenham earlier in the week.

sTuArT
18th December 2014, 02:29 PM
Just saw this thread for the 1st time. I rememeber the teeny weeny meet :-) It was nice to meet you two and I enjoyed the ride in your awesome blue mk1a.

Jemehan I was down your way a couple of months ago in the mr2 if I had known I would have dropped you a line

superwhite90
18th December 2014, 03:55 PM
I was thinking the other day i've not seen a mk1 about for a long time now.

But I can look in my garage every night ;)

Can't wait to get mine going again! I've got the buzz for it now as well!

Jemehan
22nd December 2014, 11:07 AM
That's a shame Stuart, to be fair, I have only recently signed up to the MK1 Club, the previous owner was on here though I believe. the car has gone down hill a little since then. found some painted over rust, which was a shame... and then the spring broke on the bonnet catch when I didn't close the bonnet properly... so need to paint and fit my new bonnet and get a new windscreen, I am a little ashamed to show other owners at the moment... :S

Gilles27
22nd December 2014, 12:20 PM
Any thread with 'busty' in the title is useless without pics!! ;)

cchrysos
22nd December 2014, 02:01 PM
Any thread with 'busty' in the title is useless without pics!! ;)

I know! Says an awful lot when my spell checker corrects bitsy to busty eh lol

sTuArT
22nd December 2014, 11:00 PM
Don't be ashamed Jemehan. At 30 yrs old they are all in different states of repair and upgrade and that makes it interesting. Be carefull if having your windscreen replaced as often they are not sealed properly at the top and this causes the roof to rust along that edge. Seen it too many times.

I've made huge progress with mine this year but still I have a long list of jobs to do ;)

Jemehan
30th December 2014, 08:45 AM
After the new one is fitted, I will be funning a nice amount of sealant across the top to ensure it seal properly. I think the cracked screen is causing a water leak... need to re-spray my spare bonnet and fill my wing as it has rust holes...

Looking forward to seeing people around