PDA

View Full Version : New member with mk1.5 resto

outrun
6th October 2014, 08:33 AM
Hello all. I'm Liam from the Sunderland/Durham area and a couple of weeks ago I bought Steve Horrocks old Mica blue mk1.5.

I was steered in this direction, after buying a front valance panel from Martin (fandango-2010 on eBay)

The car is a Woodsport conversion and I have plenty of plans for it. I will add a thread in the projects section.

I have wanted to build or buy a 1.5 for a few years now, but have always changed my mind. A couple of years ago nails and I visited Paul and I think he put me off even more, when we saw the black(?) shell outside of his unit and we chatted about rot. Lol.

Anyway, now I have finally bought one and as expected, I need a lot of parts, so expect to hear from me!

Cheers.

AW11mike
6th October 2014, 08:42 AM
Hi Liam, welcome to the club. Mike

Martin42006
6th October 2014, 10:19 AM
Hi
welcome to the club
Im glad you got onto the forum ok cant wait to see your poject
Martin

superwhite90
6th October 2014, 12:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that was a Supercharger SE body with the midnight blue paintwork.

outrun
6th October 2014, 12:50 PM
Hi
welcome to the club
Im glad you got onto the forum ok cant wait to see your poject
Martin

Hi, Martin.
I look forward to reading your project thread, too.

I'm pretty sure that was a Supercharger SE body with the midnight blue paintwork.

Haven't got (or even seen) the log book, yet, but I assumed it was a UK car.
It did used to have an SC steering wheel, apparently. So maybe it has been raped?

Pretty sure the one SC tail light I have won't bolt straight on, either.
No raised engine lid, too - no surprise there, though!

How do you tell?

chief44
6th October 2014, 02:48 PM
Hi Liam and welcome. I too look forward to seeing more on this. How much work is required?

outrun
6th October 2014, 03:24 PM
How, chief.

It needs sills and arches and some work to the front end.
I am also having a full colour change, converting the rev 1 motor to rev 3, new exhaust, wheels and interior.
Plus whatever else I come across.

Do I need to have a certain number of posts before the projects section is accessible?

superwhite90
6th October 2014, 03:46 PM
You need to be a member.

If it is Steve Horrocks old Super Edition Supercharger it's import.

But you can confirm if it is his car or not; is there a massive cut out in the boot?

autobody
6th October 2014, 03:55 PM
I think this is the car: http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=167496&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Good buy, always wanted a 1.5

chief44
6th October 2014, 04:02 PM
Ooh a rev3 upgrade, nice. I've been toying with doing that to my rev2 so I'll be keeping an eye on this project.

Ben
6th October 2014, 08:11 PM
You need to be a member.

If it is Steve Horrocks old Super Edition Supercharger it's import.

But you can confirm if it is his car or not; is there a massive cut out in the boot?

Nope, that's not FOWL (Steve Kingsnorth's old car). This was a UK conversion.

Looks lovely, btw!

outrun
7th October 2014, 11:05 PM
Cheers everyone.

autobody, that is the car, yeah.
I will have to join up here and get a thread started.