PDA

View Full Version : New Mk1 restoration

halflife
2nd August 2014, 01:16 PM
I have had the car for 8 years now and over that time I have fitted a DTW engine, done quite a bit of welding, had lots of components powder coated and done a few track days.

She was however starting to look a little sad and had sat in my mades garage for around 12 months but eventually he told me that he could not find the time to restore her and she was passed on to someone else who took 6 months to restore. Basically it was a bit of a weekend job for him.

Now i have her back and she is looking lovely again. Only a couple of things left to do to complete. I want to refurb the alloys again (either polish or get them taken back to originall), stickers need refitting, mud flaps need the lettering doing and then a good service. After that she will be ready to drive and show.

Let me know what you think

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/116296191103840578640/albums/6033790098510680449

Rob

AW11mike
2nd August 2014, 01:49 PM
Hi Rob,its an awesome job!,looks brand new! :) Mike

MarkCL
2nd August 2014, 05:35 PM
Lovely job Rob :thumbup: Just needs the final Toyota decals to be applied to the rear end and the MR2 bit on the rear mudflaps to be painted white, but that's just being really really picky! ;) Looks beautiful - hope mine ends up even halfway as nice!

Cheers,
Mark