PDA

View Full Version : Tommy's former red Mk1b needs new home

sara-liz
27th July 2014, 07:45 AM
We bought Tommy's red Mk1b, on which he did a massive restoration project (see thread http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?15558-My-Super-Red-MK1b/page4 ) last year, but due to my husband's illness we can no longer enjoy it, so I need to find it a new home.

I had changed my mind and decided to keep it, because I really love this car - not only has it had the thorough restoration done by Tommy, but it drives straight and goes like a rocket. I have driven it quite a bit, but I don't have the time or opportunity now.

Before anyone makes a silly offer, look at therestoration thread - the parts alone (Mongoose exhaust, newgearbox, new wheels with Yokohamas, etc, etc) are worth the £2500 we paid for it. Also, it now has a new battery, which we had connected to an optimate during the winter and a new alternator, so I don't think it is unrealistic to ask for what we paid for it. Although it is cat C that does not even affect the insurance, as it's for cosmetic damage, and without the cat C it would be easily worth another £1000 to £1500. The only parts I don't have are the air scoop (didn't do it for us) and the coilovers, which Tommy took off because they did not improve the ride or handling.

I'll give it a chance on here, because this car deserves to belong to an enthusiast, then if there are no takers I'll advertise her properly on the open market.

sara-liz
27th July 2014, 07:47 AM
PS, any questions, just ask.

Thanks folks.