PDA

View Full Version : Getting back into MK1's

treyz32
15th July 2014, 03:25 PM
Hi,
I was a member on here back in 2009 and on IMOC since 2007. I met a few MK1 guys back then (CrazyLegs (Kev) and Tiny (Ben)), but after my MK1b was put into storage, all things MK1 sort of got forgotten and neglected!

However, at the end of this month my black MK1b will be going to F Dickersons for a full restoration and I've just got another MK1b in Super White that my brother and I will be tidying up.

Here's how the black MK1b used to look (before it failed the MOT on rear arch rust and went into storage):

Here's how it looks at the moment!

This is a pic (pinched from the ad) of the Super White MK1b we picked up on Saturday:

It was owned by a nice chap who's on this site, it's got history tracing back to the original dealer (and original dealer number plates). It has some slight rust showing on the rear arches and a front wing needs replacing. Its off to Luke and the chaps at Pacific Works on Saturday for a Timing belt and then we'll set about a slow rolling restoration.

Look forward to meeting other MK1 owners out and about!

Cheers.
Trev

cchrysos
15th July 2014, 03:55 PM
Looks great Trev.
The black MK1b is a rare beast now! I look forward to seeing it done.

Where are you based? Sounds like you are not too far from me. I am near Stansted airport.

Cheers

Chrys

treyz32
15th July 2014, 04:19 PM
Hi Chrys, I'm based in Greenwich, SE London. Not too far! ;)

Cheers,
Trev