PDA

View Full Version : Kiwi mk1 owner signing in

mr2d2
11th July 2014, 08:12 AM
Brand new to owning the car I wanted while I was in school - a refrigerator white mr2 aw11! I've gone ahead and slapped some advanti speed mags and bridgestones on it too, just for the look of things. The little beauty was trpped ina garage for almost a decade, and the fella who owned it approached me to talk about selling it in the local paper where I work (as the motoring writer). Long story short, I picked it up, and couldn't be happier with it's pure, pure condition. Work to do, of course, and annoyingly, out here in the sticks of the colonies, the front bumper they had on tends to not manage the fairly rural driveways, so it's been retired.... for now.

Photos soon! Glad to join up with some other Toyota fiends who appreciate the classics...

BTW, the name is because, like the little droid, the MR2 is white, has lots of weird vents all over it, tends to get out of tight corners quickly and makes a high pitched squealing noise intermittently (well, under hard acceleration).

Nerdcore FTW!:D

AW11mike
11th July 2014, 08:33 AM
welcome to the club mate!, looking foward to the photos!:) Mike

sTuArT
11th July 2014, 08:36 AM
You must have some awesome roads perfectly suited to the MK1. Would love to drive around those islands. ¡Can't wait for the pics!

sunsetjoe
11th July 2014, 08:30 PM
I had a great stay at the ferry crossing in '84 Bought a beetle at car auction in Auckland and drove all round North Island - magic land - welcome