PDA

View Full Version : Red Mk1a for sale

cchrysos
3rd July 2014, 04:17 PM
As many of you will know, i picked up an 'extra' MK1a earlier in the year. It was too good to miss.

It is a very early 1985 black bumpered MK1a, registered 1st April 1985.

I bought it from a lady owner who had the car for 27 years and had every service bill, fully stamped book (until it filled up), every tax disc and MOT. the car was always garaged.
It has 97k miles (from memory) and drives great.
There is pretty much NO RUST on this car. I say pretty much as i dont want to go down the 'mint' or 'immaculate' route ;-) Suffice to say it is in truly excellent condition for a 30 year old car! The paint polished up great!
It had the rear arches replaced about 14 years ago and they are showing no signs of rust at all.

When i bought it, the clutch was not working correctly so it has a new slave cylinder and fluid flush.

The rear spoiler is showing some ageing signs (micro blistered paint) and i was going to have it repainted. I have not so far though.
The drivers door has a couple of parking dents in it as the car lived all its life in london. there are also a couple of minor scratches on the rear bumper. They are easily repairable by a dent removal / scratch repair company.

It had a very light shunt in the front NS corner at some point in its life. The lady said it was minor and it is not recorded. She had a new bumper and bumper bar fitted but the lower valance is dented. If i can find one, i will replace it. THERE IS NO DAMAGE TO THE INNER WING, FRONT SLAM PANEL ETC.

The front bumper is colour coded but i will be putting it back to black very soon.

I have taxed the car (5 months left) and MOTd it (11 months left). There were NO advisories.

Interior is fantastic and still has the original radio (and sub) fitted.

I was going to fix the minor niggles with this car (listed above), store it and keep it forever. Unfortunately i have lost my storage option as the new office/workshop/labs and manufacturing facility we were taking on for the business has fallen through :-(. I dont want the car to sit on my drive for the winter. it is covered at present.

So...reluctantly i am looking to sell her on. She will be a real bargain for someone and has show car potential.

Not sure what to ask yet as i have not painted the bumper, replaced the valance or serviced it yet.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and we can talk further. I will be as honest as i can.

I picked the car up for £600. I have spent about £300 on her so far and plenty of time. I am probably going to spend another few hundred before she sells. I am not looking to take silly money either way....a fair price for a great car.

Cheers

Chrys

tommundy
3rd July 2014, 06:14 PM
Good luck with the sale! I still miss my red Mk1a.

Some photos always draw people in. :)

Cheers,
Tom

andyroo104
3rd July 2014, 07:24 PM
As above pics please!!

cchrysos
3rd July 2014, 07:38 PM
Ill get some pictures up at thr weekend chaps.

Cheers

autobody
4th July 2014, 08:06 AM
Hi Chrys, do you have a price in mine for the as it stands now, without getting the work done to it. Thanks

cchrysos
4th July 2014, 10:19 AM
Hi there.
Not really but I am certainly open to offers

cchrysos
4th July 2014, 02:29 PM
Not great pictures but all i have with me at the moment....

More here...http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?14686-What-have-you-done-with-your-MR2-today/page81&highlight=today

AW11mike
4th July 2014, 02:33 PM
nice car collection Chrys!:+:

cchrysos
4th July 2014, 02:35 PM
nice car collection Chrys!:+:

Its not so bad eh Mike ;-) The picture doesnt even show the ferrari, porsche, Lotus or VW Passat Estate! No HONESTLY! I DO have a Passat Estate!!

If i had the space, i would have bought a very nice Mini 1275GT i saw recently.....I need a barn!

AW11mike
4th July 2014, 02:37 PM
a real petrolhead! :)

cchrysos
4th July 2014, 02:50 PM
The Jag is to be sold too Mike. Unbelievable value that car.
All aluminium body & chassis, full leather, sat nav, auto dual climate, electric memory seats/pedals/steering, Alpine Audio upgrade with 16 speakers, Rear seat entertainment with 2 x DVD/TV screens, TV Tuner, independent video and audio control for front/rear/left/right (all can be doing different things), full rear seat entertainment control pack in the rear armrest, CATS Air suspension, 240BHP V6 etc etc etc. And all for about £3700!
Madness isnt it!

AW11mike
4th July 2014, 02:52 PM
well good luck with the sales mate!, are you funding another project????;)

Mutley00
4th July 2014, 04:35 PM
Is it a T Bar - sorry if this is a dumb question about a Mk 1a!

cchrysos
4th July 2014, 04:47 PM
Hi mutley.
No its not. Mk1a was not available as a tbar, just a sunroof.

Cheers

treyz32
5th July 2014, 12:07 AM
Hi Chrys,
Your private message box is full at the moment. I'd like to get in touch if your MK1a is still available. :)

Cheers,
Trev

cchrysos
5th July 2014, 08:38 AM
Hi Trev. Sorry. It should have space now
Thanks

treyz32
5th July 2014, 10:56 AM
Thanks Chrys, message sent.

Cheers.

Scoobyw
6th July 2014, 05:20 PM
Hi folks, I am pretty new on here. I have owned many ford xr's over the years, however I have been planning to get myself a an mr2 mk1. I am looking to get an affordable decent one to start to gauge the maintenance etc before moving up to minter.
So I would like some advice on buying one, does anyone know or have an opinion on this for example?
http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C514901#

joedredd
7th July 2014, 01:38 PM
PM'd.

Scooby: You'd be better off posting a new thread rather than posting in someones For Sale ad.

cchrysos
7th July 2014, 01:42 PM
PM'd.

Scooby: You'd be better off posting a new thread rather than posting in someones For Sale ad.

I agree ;-) thanks Joedredd

The one you are pointing too is sold Scooby.

Scoobyw
7th July 2014, 07:22 PM
Very sorry guys.

cchrysos
16th July 2014, 09:05 PM
Firstly, I want to appologise to those that wanted to view the car and we have not been able to organise a mutually convenient time. Life has been pretty busy and i have not finished the little jobs i wanted to do yet....

So, here is an update and some pictures.

I uncovered the car this week and took a few photos of the arches and the dented valance for you all to see. The car HAS NOT been washed and has been under a cover for a few weeks after being outside uncovered for a few weeks. It still looks pretty presentable though which is a testament to the paintwork.

first the arches...

cchrysos
16th July 2014, 09:13 PM
more pics

now the dented valance. You can see the bumper being preped for spraying (black). The indicators were removed for spraying as was the support bar underneath.

The bumper bar could be seen inside the indicator hole. The bumper had some minor surface rust but looked very solid. I did not remove the bumper cover and inspect the whole bar however.

the rear spoiler paint as mentioned in the first post

cchrysos
16th July 2014, 09:16 PM
I finished prepping and painting the bumper today...very pleased with the result.
I will do the front valance trim to match and possibly the rear bumper to refresh.

I anticipate having the car ready for sale sometime in August......although i must admit i am wishing i could keep it!!!

cchrysos
17th July 2014, 11:29 AM
This evening i plan on taking the spats off for inspection. If i get the chance to do it i will post pictures up - good or bad (I expect it to be very good)

AW11mike
17th July 2014, 11:36 AM
Looks awesome Chrys!,nice job on the bumper! :)