PDA

View Full Version : Red Car on Autotrader

Mutley00
25th June 2014, 12:42 PM
Does anyone know anything about this car as its got one of our stickers in the rear window? Is it supercharged - I'm looking at the rear lights & door mirrors? Thanks

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201406074831516/sort/default/usedcars/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/make/toyota/engine-size-cars/1-4l_to_1-6l/postcode/s119jh/page/1/radius/1500/model/mr2?logcode=p

andyroo104
25th June 2014, 12:46 PM
I noticed that one and it looks as if one of the previous owners added the USDM rear lights as the rear lid is not raised and the mirrors look standard to me.

Ben
25th June 2014, 01:15 PM
That looks like Tommy's old car to me - drop him a pm (coverco) and he will confirm. If it his then you won't get better for the money, Tommy had extensive work done during his ownership.

Ben
25th June 2014, 01:24 PM
Ah, I was right:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?15558-My-Super-Red-MK1b

coverco
25th June 2014, 01:31 PM
It is indeed my old car, it did have extensive work done on it by me during my ownership. I sold it in December last year so the new owners must have traded it in. They did not even get a summer out of it. Nowt as queer as folk :-)

Here is the for sale thread http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?15558-My-Super-Red-MK1b/page4 .

Mutley00
25th June 2014, 03:11 PM
It does look a lovely car - Blades red aswell, but I didn't check the piccies on the ad carefully enough - it's not a T Bar despite what the ad says!

coverco
25th June 2014, 03:15 PM
It is certainly not blunts red, it was renovated and sprayed in Barnsley :-)

sTuArT
25th June 2014, 03:47 PM
It does look a lovely car - Blades red aswell, but I didn't check the piccies on the ad carefully enough - it's not a T Bar despite what the ad says!

All the pictures are taken at an angle that hides whether it's a t-bar or a sunroof. Other unusual features are the colour coded wing mirrors, white dials and it also seems to have half leather.

Mutley00
25th June 2014, 03:53 PM
It is certainly not blunts red, it was renovated and sprayed in Barnsley :-)

Gotcha - hook, line and sinker! I see you're a fellow Esprit fan Tommy? Anytime you're allowed across the border into Sheffield let me know & we can go for a rumble before I sell mine. One of my lads has finished Uni, but the other wants a house so needs must! Regards, Andrew

coverco
25th June 2014, 03:54 PM
For goodness sake look at my for sale thread and restoration thread, there are loads of pictures of the car in various states of renovation. It is a a sunroof, the mirrors have been sprayed, it has MK2 turbo seats in and the dials are indiglo imported from the US. All the information is in the two threads mentioned :rolleyes:

coverco
25th June 2014, 04:21 PM
Gotcha - hook, line and sinker! I see you're a fellow Esprit fan Tommy? Anytime you're allowed across the border into Sheffield let me know & we can go for a rumble before I sell mine. One of my lads has finished Uni, but the other wants a house so needs must! Regards, Andrew

I have always fancied an Esprit Andrew but I will probably never have one :-(

Now that I have a motorhome and a Smart Roadster I can't imagine having the spare cash or room for a Lotus. I still go to the shows but now it is in a social capacity :-)

When I sold the car it was in very good condition but I can not say what it is like now, it is a Cat C write off though which they seem to have forgotten to mention :-)

clarky
27th June 2014, 05:45 AM
Oh ffs look at the ad it clearly states Cat C

Mutley00
27th June 2014, 11:14 AM
Oh ffs look at the ad it clearly states Cat C

I think you should have stayed in bed a bit longer clarky :D

A motorhome, a Smart Car and a Barnsley fan Tommy - I think you are in need of some help:p. Come for a run in the Esprit and give me some advice about MR2 purchase and ownership to get you back on the straight & narrow!

sara-liz
12th July 2014, 07:31 AM
I think you should have stayed in bed a bit longer clarky :D

A motorhome, a Smart Car and a Barnsley fan Tommy - I think you are in need of some help:p. Come for a run in the Esprit and give me some advice about MR2 purchase and ownership to get you back on the straight & narrow!

Hi folks, no, I haven't traded it in, but my husband is very ill and I am not able to give it the time it deserves. The trader, who I half know, said he'd sell it for me as a favour, but the guy who worked for him was not interested and put up such a lousy ad, I've gone and got it back. I did't put it on the forum because I was embarrassed to have to get rid of it.

TBH I don't want to sell it really - particularly not to Placebo who approached my privatly, then went to my mate and offered him £1500 for it. I might have been less annoyed if he'd offered me the 1500 directly!

As for the cat C that was how Tommy bought it - an unrestored car, many years ago, was not worth much, so it got written off for a dent in the door. It's not structural (that would be cat D) and doesn't even affect the insurance.

Anyway, it's got a brand new battery and alternator and I've driven it more this year than Tommy did in the last 5 and it's a bloody cracker so if someone wants to give it a good home . . . trying not to cry, but I am a girl . . .

cchrysos
12th July 2014, 08:31 AM
I wish your husband well.

sara-liz
12th July 2014, 11:06 AM
Thank you.

coverco
12th July 2014, 06:00 PM
I am really sorry to hear that Richard is ill Sara, I wish him a speedy recovery. I don't frequent the forum these days but just noticed this post on an email notification, the car is worth far more than you paid for it so don't let it go for less than you paid. My wife had breast cancer last year and it puts many things into perspective, life is too short to worry about silly things concentrate on what is right for you. I wish you and Richard the best for the future.

sara-liz
13th July 2014, 01:39 PM
Thankyou, Tommy, both for the advice and the good wishes.

I guess I should advertise the little red car properly - there are so many which have never been rebuilt out there for £1000 to £1500 I think some people think that's all they are worth.