PDA

View Full Version : nice BLACK MK1a for sale

cchrysos
23rd June 2014, 09:53 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1986-Toyota-MR2-MK1-AW11-Rare-Black-Stunning-Condition-Retro-Sports-Car-/261513916836?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3ce371b1a4

tommundy
23rd June 2014, 10:08 PM
Quite pricey for the car that it is. They're good pictures.

It's an ex members car.

Cheers,
Tom

Master-B
23rd June 2014, 10:08 PM
Thats Jak_01 off of heres car. Its a very nice example.

Master-B
23rd June 2014, 10:09 PM
Or at least it was in 2012 when I last saw it :-D

tommundy
23rd June 2014, 10:12 PM
The paint was always flat when I saw it, and that was comparing it to my black one.

Just my opinion of course. Viewing recommended.

I'd also be interested to hear if any engine work had been done, as on the last run out I saw it on, it had a penchant for oil.

tommundy
23rd June 2014, 10:19 PM
I'm sure it's still a nice car. I'd just like any potential buyer to be aware of any things to look out for. :)

Master-B
23rd June 2014, 10:23 PM
Too right mate. He is asking top money afterall.

cchrysos
23rd June 2014, 10:44 PM
There will be a much nice RED MK1a for sale soon ;-) I have to sell one unfortunately...I just dont have space to store them all at the moment. I couldnt bring mself to sell the spit after all!

coverco
24th June 2014, 09:32 AM
The paint was always flat when I saw it, and that was comparing it to my black one.

Just my opinion of course. Viewing recommended.

I'd also be interested to hear if any engine work had been done, as on the last run out I saw it on, it had a penchant for oil.

Oh no Tom, it is completely against the rules to say anything bad about a members car. I tried that once and got slated for it, trying to help potential buyers is a definate no no in the world of MR2's :-)

You are off course allowed to say it is in great condition even when it is a complete rust bucket like a certain red car, surely you should know the rules of the MR2 world by now :-)

Jak_01
24th June 2014, 10:10 AM
Hello all,
Yep it is me selling her :) I am just trying to get back what it owes me. How many other black MK1a's do you see about? :) She still is a very nice example (due to been dry stored), and does not drink oil I have been upto Sunderland and back in her recently it runs very well (I believe she had a different engine when we last saw you Tom :). It's a sad sale but needs to be done, I am more attached to my first car (Triumph Dolomite) and it needs a new engine unfortunately :( Paint work has also been fully polished by a car cleaning company recently and has come up very well, yes I agree the top half is a little flat but the rest is very shiny as shown in photos :)

Cheers and good luck.
Jack

cchrysos
24th June 2014, 11:38 AM
Good luck with the sale Jack. The black ones are indeed a rare beast.

Jak_01
24th June 2014, 12:06 PM
Good luck with the sale Jack. The black ones are indeed a rare beast.

Thank you, I hope she sells. I need the space and money to sort the Dolomite. Will be sad to see it go :(

Jack