PDA

View Full Version : Old member returning to the mr2 world

Paff
26th May 2014, 12:05 PM
I'd just like to say hi.

Some of you may remember me from years ago but since I left the uk 6 years ago I never got back in a 2......

Until now.

I've just picked up a nice little 87 model tintop with solid arches, sills, most of the door shuts rust free apart from on the drivers side front pillar. and a few rust spots where paint has been damaged previously but its all really superficial and easy to fix. I've never had one with as little rust as this and I've owned a few.

So the plan for now is to get the roadworthy test done, fix any issues, register it and drive it stock for a while until I save enough to get it a little V6.

The only issues I've encountered so far is I have to refit the front splitter, the passenger side wing mirror is buggered (will be getting one sent from the uk soon to sort that out), the oil pressure gauge doesn't work, the stereo is shot (I'll be ripping the ICE out of my ute to fix that issue tho), and there is a slight oil leak that looks like its coming from the flexible pipes running to the cooler. And it needs a clean.

and yep I think that's it. Not bad considering it only cost me $2500

Well I'll probably pop n from time to time to see what's going on but all I can say is its been too long without one of these little toys.

Its good to be back :)

michaeljapp
26th May 2014, 06:30 PM
Welcome back to the MK1.

Sounds like a tidy car, can we have some pictures.

If its not a daft question, which country are you now in? The other side of the pond I assume.

Paff
26th May 2014, 09:25 PM
I'm in Australia mate.

I'll get some pics soon, havn't got any good ones yet.