PDA

View Full Version : Silver mk1a For Sale

GBraham
19th May 2014, 11:18 AM
Time has come to let my mk1a go, had a great year with it as a daily driver, but needed something more practical and was offered a cheap estate so unfortunately the mr2 has to go.

Very early (May '85) mk1a in a really great colour. Its a bit scruffy, but a good solid car that runs nicely, been used every day rain or shine and never let me down.

The shell has done 129,000 miles, the engine was replaced at 128,000 with an original mk1a unit out of a crashed car that had done approx. 80,000miles due to the head gasket going on the original coupled with some other problems and the fact that I had the spare engine anyway, so was easier to just swap it over. There is no paperwork for this as it was done by a friend for me.

The passenger door is completely shot, but I have a completely solid spare that was originally red, and has been (quickly and so badly) sprayed silver with rattle cans. The passenger window also doesn't work too well but I'm told the window in the new door is fine.

Rear DS tyre needs resealing as it goes down every few weeks, the front left had the same problem and had it resealed, and since its been perfect.

The edge of the boot seal has rusted through and gone crusty, I have expertly fixed this with duck tape so it doesn't leak or anything, but will need proper attention at some point, probably before next winter.

Cosmetically the car has some scars and a few scabs, I've tried to show them all in the pictures but as always its best to come and have a good look round it. Underneath the car is very solid and neat. There is a 5p sized hole in the DS rear 3/4 panel, which has been covered with tap ego try and keep water out.

Its got 11 1/2 months MOT, with advisories for slight corrosion on front springs dampers and slightly perished brake hoses. These are new advisories for this year as last years MOT had none, so the corrosion can't be too bad.

Also got 5 months Tax which will be left on the car if it achieves the asking price. Got decent service history all old Mots etc.

New Sony Xplod CD/radio head unit as the old one was stolen.

Original tool roll with the spare wheel.

Decent tread on all 4 tyres.

Think that just about covers it. Pictures below, any questions just ask.

Looking for £800.

Car is located in Warwick.

GBraham
19th May 2014, 11:25 AM

GBraham
19th May 2014, 11:30 AM

cchrysos
19th May 2014, 12:38 PM
Oooh! I dont have a silver Mk1a ;-)

GWS Graham!

Do you still have the garage full of spares?

GBraham
20th May 2014, 12:04 AM
Nooo the spares had to go, couldn't keep the garage so I sold what was remaining to a guy who was doing up a red mk1b, in Cardiff I believe.

Sad day to see the car go too but it would be great to see it go to someone on the forum who will look after it.

GBraham
2nd June 2014, 01:27 PM
Now on Fleabay