PDA

View Full Version : MR2 Mk1 Club AGM 2014 - Friday 25th July - 6pm - Towcester, Northamptonshire

tommundy
8th May 2014, 05:15 PM
Hi all,

Please see the below information regarding this year's AGM:

Watling Street
Towester
Northamptonshire
NN12 6BT

Date & Time
Friday 25th July - 6pm

Cost
Free! :)

Other Information
This is your chance to have a say in how the club is ran. There will be reports from each of the Committee on the past 12 months activities and the Agenda will be published online shortly. If you are planning on attending, please can you be there by 5:30-5:45pm as we plan on starting at 6pm prompt. I appreciate that this time may be difficult for some of you, so therefore, if you can't attend, please get in touch with myself if you would like anything raised at the AGM.

Constitution
There will be a revised version of the Club's Constitution that will be being put forward for approval at the AGM, which has been amended to reflect the change in the Club's format and the make-up of the Committee. This will also be published on here ahead of the meeting.

Voting
All members and non-members are welcome, but you will only be able to vote on matters if you're a paid up member.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
Tom Mundy

Club Chairman, Webmaster and Vice Membership Secretary

tommundy
8th May 2014, 05:17 PM
Those attending:

1. Tom Mundy (Chairman, Webmaster and Membership Secretary)
2. Gary Mellor (North West LAO)
3. Stuart Kynoch (Vice President & Magazine Editor)
4. Ken Salmon (President)
5. Tommy Ogle (Treasurer and Merchandise Officer)
6. Mike Ogle
7. Bill Hulme (North West LAO)
8. Lologee (Chairman's long suffering girlfriend! :))

Johnso
20th July 2014, 07:10 PM
I am going to try and make it but if I have to work late I won't be able to.

tommundy
21st July 2014, 09:05 AM
Okay, cool, no worries! :)

Don't forget to post up on here or PM me if there's anything you'd like raising.

Also - Have you seen that there's a few spare tickets for Saturday popped up? ;)

Cheers,
Tom

Master-B
21st July 2014, 09:16 AM
If there are any spare seats in anyones cars me & al will come along.

tommundy
21st July 2014, 08:35 PM
AGM Agenda

1. Chairman’s Report
2. Membership Secretary’s Report
3. Webmaster’s Report
4. Treasurer’s Report
5. Magazine Editor's Report
6. Club shop update
7. Event updates (JAE, SSC, NEC)
8. Election of Officers (PRO, Merchandise Officer and Treasurer)
9. Club funds
10. 30th Anniversary celebrations
11. Regions overhaul
12. Updated club constitution (if I get time!)
13. Any Other Business
14. Date of Next AGM

tommundy
21st July 2014, 08:53 PM
As mentioned in the AGM agenda, there are several committee posts open for the coming year (and beyond...). These are as follows:

Public Relations Officer
This role will be getting re-written in the new constitution, but I'd basically like to see it as someone that approaches various media channels, both print and online, to further expose the Mk1 Club and the Mk1 itself. Additionally, group buys with suppliers could be hunted out and then subsequently advertised on the club forum. It'd also be nice for the person who takes this role to manage the annual calendar of events. That isn't as scary as it sounds and is normally only a bit of work at the beginning of the year, with minor adjustments sometimes required throughout the year.

Merchandise Officer
This role is basically looking after the club merchandise and posting out items that are ordered through the club shop (to be relaunched after the AGM). Ideally this would be someone that doesn't mind popping down to the post office as and when required. We don't advertise next day delivery/despatch, so, so long as you can commit to being able to post something within 3 working days, then that'd be great. As a rough example, over the past year, we've had an average of 3 orders per month! All shipping costs will be re-imbursed promptly.

Treasurer
This role involves being the point of contact for any payment enquiries. Mainly it boils down to having an address that cheques should be sent to. We only have 4 current paid up members that pay by cheque, so again, not a lot of work! It will probably work out that I'll absorb this role as I do the majority of what the Treasurer role used to encompass anyway.

Why be on the committee?
First of all, because it's nice to give something back! :) The Mk1 club is run completely by volunteers and as such it helps to share out what work there is. I have tried very hard over the past couple of years to streamline processes and therefore the roles are nice and clearly defined. You'll gain early insights to upcoming promotions, events and ideas that the club has and will be involved in all the smaller decisions (or otherwise) that happen between the AGMs. Additionally, if you are voted in on the committee, you get free membership! :)

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions on any of the above roles.

Although the roles will be discussed at the AGM, I'll probably leave these posts open for a month or so to allow all potential applicants to get in touch.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Tom

Club Chairman

tommundy
21st July 2014, 08:58 PM
LAO's
In addition to the above committee roles, I'll be seeking out some fresh blood in terms of Local Area Organisers. I've noticed that in several local area sections of the forum currently without LAO's, there seems to be a bit of interest in events. I'll be advertising in each of these after the AGM to try and get an LAO nominated for them. The club seems to be on the up, so it'd be good to carry that momentum forward and start putting on more events around the country. You'll also receive free membership! :D

Cheers,
Tom

Johnso
21st July 2014, 09:07 PM
Would it be possible to have a map with all the members locations on? as I think it might be a good idea to define new areas. There seems to be a few people near me ( around south Birmingham, Warwick, Banbury) but I do not see how that fits into the current regions.

tommundy
21st July 2014, 09:20 PM
Would it be possible to have a map with all the members locations on? as I think it might be a good idea to define new areas. There seems to be a few people near me ( around south Birmingham, Warwick, Banbury) but I do not see how that fits into the current regions.
I've already been doing some analysis of the locations of members that I'll share at the AGM (and minutes afterwards), and will look at adding in some fancy geolocating mapping too! :)

I'm looking to reduce the number of regions, although, rest assured, none of the currently active regions will be affected!