PDA

View Full Version : HT leads

Boba Fett
25th April 2014, 09:21 AM
Thinking about replacing my old HT leads with some new MR T ones but they have been discontinued, does anybody have any new ones they would like to part with or does anybody recommend where to get new ones from.
P.S must be the red ones.

Thanks
Jon

superwhite90
25th April 2014, 09:29 AM
You can get these

http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_21/Category_1/3503

Pricey yes but they do last a long time. My blue ones lasted for a while but began to fade in colour.

Don't use Eurocarparts for anything Jon, they are toilet.

Boba Fett
25th April 2014, 09:59 AM
Yes my mechanic wasn't to happy when I told him about using euro car parts, for example the spark plugs on their website that say they are suitable for a mk1 are not as I found out!

Have ordered some parts from my local Toyota dealership and they gave me 15% off which all helps!

Thanks

superwhite90
25th April 2014, 11:41 AM
Oh sorry the spark plugs didn't work either?! Did they screw in okay, your new ones I mean?

Boba Fett
25th April 2014, 12:47 PM
The euro car parts website said they would be okay for a mk1 but when I fitted them they were part of the hesitation problem, when I took them out and compared them to the old OEM ones they were slightly different - so just orederd new ones from my local Toyota garage.

sTuArT
25th April 2014, 07:09 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131084239569?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I think these are same ones as Fensport sells. Same price and free delivery

Jawa411
26th April 2014, 01:28 AM
Magnecors are what I ave...can definitely recommend.

AW11mike
26th April 2014, 07:26 AM
ive had Magnecor's on mine for eight years,still look new,and work great!

Boba Fett
26th April 2014, 07:38 AM
My brother has them on his classic as well, so Magnecors it is.

Thanks guys

sTuArT
26th April 2014, 09:35 AM
Just to add some balance I bought a Bosch battery a few weeks ago from Euro Car Parts. They have an eBay shop with Click and Collect. Under £50 and no p&p as I collected the battery in person from the Harlow branch.
You can check the correct part number here on this Bosch battery chart:

http://rb-aa.bosch.com/aa-batterien/gb/media/BA_Pkw_Kleintransporter_Anwendung.pdf

(Interestingly the Mk1 and Mk2 use the same battery whereas the one for the Mk3 is more heavy duty).

kevs aw11
26th April 2014, 10:15 AM
Hi all
i have been going to eurocarparts (bredbury in stockport) a number of years they have always served me well
thanks kev

Boba Fett
26th April 2014, 11:15 AM
I think something's you can buy from them are okay if they are branded and you are happy they are what they say there are. But filters and the like with wierd names I wouldn't go near them anymore.

I look at this way now, I've spent a lot of money getting the car up to how I want it and trying to save a few quid here and there on service items is a false economy.

sTuArT
26th April 2014, 04:30 PM
I will try and upload a picture of the Bosch battery fitted to the car. Seems battery technology has improved over 26 years because it has almost halved in size and much lighter too.

sTuArT
26th April 2014, 04:40 PM
My engine bay is pretty standard. I think the induction kits might be popular but at the moment I'm managing to resist. I bought some refurb cam covers today from T-and-N so will install them in the next few weeks when we have some dry weather. I'm also thinking about having a silicon hose kit fitted by Pacific Works.

Boba Fett
26th April 2014, 06:34 PM
Doesn't the battery move about when you go around corners, as only one of the battery clamp thingys is in place because the battery is so small?

Vistalite
26th April 2014, 07:22 PM
That really is a dinky little thing!

markjane35
26th April 2014, 11:54 PM
Surely that can't be the right battery. I have a Bosch battery fitted to mine and it fits the same position as the old one.

sTuArT
27th April 2014, 12:19 AM
At first I positioned the battery in the middle of the tray but I could easily move it out of position with my hand so I moved it to the back and now it sits flush with the bracket and so far seems reasonably secure although I haven't really pushed the car hard since fitting it. If it does move I was thinking maybe putting some thin rubber under the battery and or under the bracket.

I guess Bosch batteries come in all shapes and sizes but according to the Bosch guide that is the recommended battery for the MR2 Mk1 :-)

http://rb-aa.bosch.com/aa-batterien/..._Anwendung.pdf

I've had it about 6 weeks now and so far it has been fine. Engine starts first time and seems to have plenty of power but only time will tell I suppose.

AW11mike
27th April 2014, 05:25 AM
I've used a smaller battery than yours for years,think it will be ok mate!:)

sTuArT
27th April 2014, 10:29 AM
Wow aw11Mike your battery is smaller than mine. Nice to hear it works fine. Have you had any issues with it sliding around the battery tray because it's not clamped in securely?

AW11mike
27th April 2014, 10:35 AM
No mate,I cut my old battery bracket off! The battery I've got is on it's side,and has its own cage! I've only ever had to charge it once,and that was for its first charge!