PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Chee
24th April 2014, 02:38 PM
Afternoon all. Just like to introduce myself as a potential new owner. Been browsing here for a while so signed up today. Just in the process of moving house then I'll be looking for a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boba Fett
24th April 2014, 06:04 PM
Hi

Word of advice from someone who purchased a mk1 last year, when you find a car you think is good, take the skirts off, get the carpets up and put the car on a ramp. Check for rust everywhere. Luckily I have a very understanding other half and I've got no kids so ended up paying lots of money to have it put back to the condition I want.
Good luck with the move and the car hunt.

Jon

Chee
24th April 2014, 07:10 PM
Cheers Jon. The house move is what's kicked this all off really. I sold my 350z last year and am currently selling a Clio 182. I've always wanted a MK1 and the new house has a double garage so it's go time!

I really want to do a MK1.5 that's my aim. I'm sure their like chalk and cheese on here on I want it purely for the power. The looks of the car I already love. I'll prob be after either a MK1.5 already done or a shell to build up. I've got loads of questions but I'm going to read through as I'm sure people have asked them before.

Luckily a friend of mine used to work in the trade and still knows a restoration guy so il check for rust but a bit won't put me off to much.

Stu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk