PDA

View Full Version : Toyota MR2 T-Bar + a second engine + a number of parts £1000

flohewitt
23rd April 2014, 02:32 PM
Toyota MR2 MK1 T-bar from 1988 with 159,087 miles, good mechanical state but failed the MOT because of lot of welding to do down the body. I think that the car would be best in hands of somebody able to do welding when required as it is its main problem. Otherwise parts of the body itself had been replaced with new ones as a rust radical solution. Other negatives are that the driver armchair leather is quite destroyed and there is condensation if the car sit under the rain due to the roof gum needing some work. But the car is still the perfect pleasure to drive.
Also I had bought another similar model same color which was not in good state enough for driving but from which I picked up parts to update technical controls or repairs. I did*particularly kept the engine which is much younger than mine with 68.000 miles for if mine would fail. Below the list of big parts remaining (many small ones as well but I will not list, much too long work). I sell the car + engine and other parts as a whole for £1000.
It is parked in my private driveway in Cambridge and everybody interested is welcome to come and see. Can be started but no MOT/tax renewal - I live in a little residential street so could be tried on a short distance I guess if no speed and carefull.*But of course the car is best suited for somebody able to arrange another vehicle to trail it.
Please don’t offer for the engine and parts alone as they are a plus for this model but I can consider first sell the car alone 800£ if parts unwanted by car buyer.

front bonnet
engine compartment cover
rear bonnet and spoiler
front and rear bumpers
front window t-bar
rear window
rear window cowl
near-side and off-side doors (missing 1 servo for automatic door lock)
interior molding
interior carpet
near and off-side passenger seats (very good condition for the passenger one)
ventilation system tubing
air-conditioning tubing
complete wiring harness
suspension/ball joints
steering wheel