PDA

View Full Version : F Plate Red T-Bar (Cambridge)

warny1
7th April 2014, 09:29 AM
Good morning All,

After nearly 12 very happy years think the time may have come to part with my baby, I'm finding I'm doing about 2,000 miles a year and also now have a 2nd car. Would prefer it if she went to someone from the Club, here are the details:

111,000 miles (Cambelt change due, which I have purchased but not fitted yet)
New radiator a couple of years ago
12 months MOT
Taxed until the end of the year
Full service history (although I've let this slip a bit)
Corolla GTI alloys (including unused spare)
Full Mongoose S/S exhaust (fitted 2008)
Uprated front speakers, amp fitted behind passenger seat
Leather interior (some wear on drivers seat)
MP3 stereo (also have original, plus T-bar shades/bags/Toolkit)

Unfortunately the bodywork needs attention! Both rear arches need replacing, including corner sections. Both front wings are also not in ideal condition. As usual the red paintwork is faded, but polishes up ok. The electric aerial doesn't work (although sounds like the motor does). Front bumper has a scrape (my fault!).
This is quite a difficult decision to make but I think the time is right, if someone takes her and has the time to restore the car I'd feel happy! I've no idea how much to ask for the car but she has some good points, maybe someone from the club can advise?
Might be easier to email me for pics at this stage, I can be reached on mw305@cam.ac.uk.
Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks, Mark

warny1
7th April 2014, 04:26 PM
Some photo's now on my profile (hopefully!). Not sure quite how to add them to the advert, didn't seem to work earlier......

warny1
16th April 2014, 09:33 AM
Some photo's now on my profile (hopefully!). Not sure quite how to add them to the advert, didn't seem to work earlier......

Morning all,

Any interest on this at all? Looking for about £900 I guess.

Mark

Tbarmk1
16th April 2014, 09:14 PM
Nice looking car buddy would have been interested if the price was half that ;) GLWS anyway hopefully the new owner could smarten it up a bit!

warny1
22nd April 2014, 08:23 AM
Nice looking car buddy would have been interested if the price was half that ;) GLWS anyway hopefully the new owner could smarten it up a bit!

Morning All,

Not sure if £650ono can tempt anyone? She has to go unfortunately.

Cheers,

Mark

superwhite90
22nd April 2014, 08:38 AM
Maybe Gary Mk1dal might be interested in this?

Needs new rear arches, front wing, bumper work so that would probably justify a respray, but PM him to see if he's interested.

warny1
30th April 2014, 02:27 PM
Maybe Gary Mk1dal might be interested in this?

Needs new rear arches, front wing, bumper work so that would probably justify a respray, but PM him to see if he's interested.

The car is still available, any offers?

sTuArT
30th April 2014, 04:04 PM
How are the gearbox and engine?

warny1
30th April 2014, 04:09 PM
How are the gearbox and engine?

Hi Stuart,

Sorry, didn't get a notification of your reply. No issues with either, mechanically she's good:-)

Mark

Boba Fett
30th April 2014, 04:10 PM
It's a pity it won't stay in Cambridge as I work there, would love it as a spares car but my wife would kill me!

Good luck

sTuArT
30th April 2014, 04:38 PM
Nah all the spares are in North Wales ;-) I hope this one can be saved and enjoyed for many years to come.

warny1
1st May 2014, 11:13 AM
Nah all the spares are in North Wales ;-) I hope this one can be saved and enjoyed for many years to come.

It's looking like I'll be keeping her for a while longer, just need to use it some more and to get on the case with the bodywork:-)

Mark

sTuArT
1st May 2014, 10:51 PM
I use to visit Cambridge reguarly for work.

Nice to hear your keeping the car for longer :)

cchrysos
2nd May 2014, 07:45 AM
Thats another car for a local run then!
Cambridge, Harlow, Stansted, Suffolk. .. we will have enough for a run soon! I may even persuade my wife to take the red one so we will have at least 5 of us!

Glad you are keeping it mate

warny1
2nd May 2014, 08:26 AM
Thats another car for a local run then!
Cambridge, Harlow, Stansted, Suffolk. .. we will have enough for a run soon! I may even persuade my wife to take the red one so we will have at least 5 of us!

Glad you are keeping it mate

Thanks guys, will keep you posted on the restoration progress! Enjoy the bank holiday weekend.

Cheers,

Mark

turlough
15th May 2014, 07:11 PM
Is this car gone