PDA

View Full Version : Red 1a Good Condition

Johnso
30th March 2014, 07:10 PM
Looks like a good car

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201063348114?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Fab4mr2
30th March 2014, 11:56 PM
Really nice looking car considering the repairs. The red was always my favorite color for the '85, followed by the silver, as the black trim looked very good on them.

Vistalite
31st March 2014, 06:31 PM
I agree with you on the red for the 1a Fab4mr2, although that sea blue metallic does look pretty special. Can I just say hi to you, our MR2 friend from across the pond - I hope all is good with you in SD, CA.

Fab4mr2
31st March 2014, 08:10 PM
I agree with you on the red for the 1a Fab4mr2, although that sea blue metallic does look pretty special. Can I just say hi to you, our MR2 friend from across the pond - I hope all is good with you in SD, CA.
The blue one does actually look quite good, but I just haven't seen one in very good condition in a very long time. When I got a new MKI in '85 I actually considered either the blue or beige color. I requested a beige one w/cruise control-no a/c-and no moonroof, and no optional side pieces or rear spoiler (can't really remember why those choices though, lol), and after 3 months of waiting I was delivered a silver MKI w/a/c, moonroof, and no cruise control. I was told my choices were to either take it or wait another 3 months and see what I got, so I took it, lol. I still had one of the very first ones in the area, got tons of compliments, and I definitely grew to love it.

Looking back now, without all the optional pieces, like side skirts and rear spoiler, the silver has became my favorite MKIa color ('MKI Naked', so to speak). With the contrasting black side pieces and rear spoiler Red is my favorite, closely followed by these 3 (silver, beige, and blue), but all of those look great that way, even the white ones. Much preferred the non-color coded look of the '85's to that of the color coded '86's, except for the new black, which looked very good because everything on the car ended up color coded, lol.

Ahh, S.D., CA. Actually have been out of state for a bit and my '89 SC got seriously tail ended, so could be better. Have been looking for a replacement for almost 2 months with very disappointing results. The very, very few decent ones get snatched immediately, and all the others are either modded and abused, or white, or automatic, lol. I've considered both NA or SC nationwide, and I have to tell you that it is getting very hard to find a decent MKI these days, except in white or automatic, lol. I'd convert the blue interior of a white one to black, from the mint interior in my wrecked SC, but hope that someone else will revive it instead of me junking it. For personal reasons I just have to move on to a different one instead of reviving it for myself. Well, to quote one of my favorite movie lines of all time (from Princess Bride), "Life is pain, and anyone who tells you differently is selling something".

DriftLimitsPerformance
31st March 2014, 08:31 PM
Looks nice.. shame about the accident status and I'd prefer it on a 'B' plate though

Johnso
4th April 2014, 02:42 PM
Still no bids. I am getting tempted to bid ( and work out what I do with the 1b I already have later) as it looks really good in the pictures.

Has anyone spotted anything that would be a concern?

superwhite90
4th April 2014, 10:39 PM
No mention of service history and if it's so good why have they only uploaded three photos?

mk1 dal
4th April 2014, 11:34 PM
Still no bids. I am getting tempted to bid ( and work out what I do with the 1b I already have later) as it looks really good in the pictures.

Has anyone spotted anything that would be a concern?

Buy it mate its cheap for all the work its had and looks a nice car . IF its had new full rear panels fitted and new wings there wont be much wrong with it , you wouldn't spend on the car if it was a shed with rotten floor pans . buy it has an investment and use for shows .

Johnso
5th April 2014, 07:40 AM
No mention of service history and if it's so good why have they only uploaded three photos?

I have contacted them to ask for some more pictures and for the service history. So I will see what response I get.

superwhite90
5th April 2014, 10:05 AM
I bought my mk1a red and black one that looked just look that from the photos.

I still bought it as I was young and naive as the inspection I gave it wasn't thorough enough - my god what a **** bucket it turned out to be.

Go and view it mate just so you know what you are getting involved with.

phaeton
5th April 2014, 11:27 AM
. IF its had new full rear panels fitted and new wings there wont be much wrong with it

Not always the case, my red one had had new panels put on 4 years (I think) ago they have just had to be replaced again. Also service history on a 25 year old car?

Alan...

mk1 dal
6th April 2014, 06:20 PM
it went for 1100 pounds , that's shed money for any type of car .

Johnso
6th April 2014, 06:33 PM
it went for 1100 pounds , that's shed money for any type of car .

I bid on it but did not win, without seeing it I was warry to bid a lot. Still maybe the sale will fall throught and I will get a chance.

cchrysos
6th April 2014, 07:04 PM
Looks like it was a bargain if you ask me...