PDA

View Full Version : Rubber bungs

Boba Fett
24th March 2014, 07:01 PM
Evening all,

I need some of the rubber bungs that go under the car, think I'm probably missing about 4, these are the ones that are about 1 inch wide.

Think I'm also after one of the tiny ones that sits in the bottom of the frunk, took them out last week to do some work in that area and can only find one.

Can anybody help?

Thanks
Jon

STUAW11
24th March 2014, 09:44 PM
Evening all,

I need some of the rubber bungs that go under the car, think I'm probably missing about 4, these are the ones that are about 1 inch wide.

Think I'm also after one of the tiny ones that sits in the bottom of the frunk, took them out last week to do some work in that area and can only find one.

Can anybody help?

Thanks
Jon

Hi Jon, I'm sure iv got some..just a matter of finding them..got loads of parts boxed up...give me a day or so and I'l get back to you..where in Suffolk are you? Stu

Boba Fett
24th March 2014, 10:52 PM
Hi Stu, I live between Bury and Newmarket, so ipswich isn't to far for me, got friends and family in Stow. If you could find some that would be great.
Those should be the last piece of the puzzle in getting mine back on the road, after the under sealing is done next month.
Cheers jon

cchrysos
24th March 2014, 10:56 PM
Would something like this do the job Jon?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125pc-Rubber-Wiring-and-Blanking-Grommet-Assortment-Box-/221320369142?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blanking-Rubber-Grommets-Qty-100-Assorted-/221396769986

I know when i restored my spitfire, I bought an assortment of body grommets and they were fine...not sure where i got them from now though

Boba Fett
25th March 2014, 08:53 AM
Hi Chrys

Thanks for the info, will have a closer look at them on ebay tonight.

Cheers
Jon

STUAW11
26th March 2014, 07:19 PM
Hi Stu, I live between Bury and Newmarket, so ipswich isn't to far for me, got friends and family in Stow. If you could find some that would be great.
Those should be the last piece of the puzzle in getting mine back on the road, after the under sealing is done next month.
Cheers jon

Hi Jon...had a look today and the only ones iv got are the large ones, so it might be cheaper to get the ones on eBay...if theirs any other bits you need try me as iv got loads of parts....cheers stu

Boba Fett
27th March 2014, 02:22 PM
Thanks for looking Stu, ordered one of those bulk buys off ebay.

Should be alright for other parts (i hope), will PM you if I do though.

Jon