PDA

View Full Version : Nice low mileage MK1a - high price though!

cchrysos
6th March 2014, 11:27 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-1-6-Sports-PETROL-MANUAL-1985-C-/251468001506?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3a8ca930e2

Master-B
6th March 2014, 11:33 AM
Wow, looks very original indeed. And good news for us 1a owners if he achieves close to that price, I do think finally the market is moving in the right direction :-D

cchrysos
6th March 2014, 11:57 AM
I hope so...I am hoping i got in just at the right time ;-)

Master-B
6th March 2014, 12:00 PM
Lets hope so... one thing is for certain you cant pick up tidy mk1a's for the money I paid for mine 4 years ago!

superwhite90
6th March 2014, 04:28 PM
That is in great condition, shame about the colour.

I haven't seen a 1a in those colours in that condition for years!

I hope heavily modified 1bs prices come up too :)

Ben
6th March 2014, 04:33 PM
Possibly the most 80s-tastic colour of them all! I really like that. Not enough to drop 5 grand on one, mind, but it certainly does look in good nick :+:

The Silver Fox
6th March 2014, 05:50 PM
No mention of tax or mot in the advert, so checked dvla and it hasn't been taxed since December 2008.

Mutley00
6th March 2014, 10:27 PM
Is that what 'Date of Liability' means on the DVLA enquiry - the date it was last taxed?

The Silver Fox
6th March 2014, 10:29 PM
It's the date the tax expires.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Mutley00
7th March 2014, 09:27 AM
Thanks TSF - too much to ask for the DVLA to put 'Last Road Tax expiry date' so that everyone understands, rather than 'Date of Liability'!! Time for a letter to the DVLA methinks.

phaeton
7th March 2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks TSF - too much to ask for the DVLA to put 'Last Road Tax expiry date' so that everyone understands, rather than 'Date of Liability'!! Time for a letter to the DVLA methinks.

As much as I hate to defend the chickens at DVLA & their legalese, it is really the 'Date of Liability' from which the owner can be prosecuted if they can prove the vehicle has been used on the road.

Alan...

tommundy
7th March 2014, 04:50 PM
The tax is subjective, surely? I mean, how many long term restorations have there been on these forums?

The Silver Fox
7th March 2014, 05:43 PM
I only mentioned the tax as there is no mention of a restoration in the advert.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Fab4mr2
7th March 2014, 07:26 PM
Lovely looking example of a MKIa, but probably priced a bit high for the current market, especially with that many miles. I would expect it to sell for at least $1-1.5k less than that. That's the problem with dealer possessed cars like this. Most are ridiculously overpriced. They almost never sell for anything near the asking price, but definitely give others an excuse to ask crazy amounts for theirs, lol. I've seen several like that over here. I really hate when so many of the nicer ones get snapped up by dealers on trade-ins, when the original owners could get more for them from a private sale, but where the selling price would still be considerably less than what the dealer ends up trying to resell them for.

coverco
8th March 2014, 10:21 AM
The tax is subjective, surely? I mean, how many long term restorations have there been on these forums?

Would you pay £4750 for a car with no tax or MOT that has been off the road for 5 or 6 years?

Restored or not I know I wouldn't :-)

tommundy
8th March 2014, 10:34 AM
I never mentioned price (of which it has a lot of!). It could have been kept in a carcoon for all we know...

coverco
8th March 2014, 10:41 AM
It could have Tom but surely you would MOT the car if you want top money for it? If it is in good condition it should fly through an MOT.

tommundy
8th March 2014, 10:51 AM
All of our vehicles receive a multi-point check, full valet and where applicable a new MOT prior to sale. A 3 month parts and labour warranty is included in the sale price of every vehicle with the option to extend from 1 to 3 years if required. A comprehensive HPI report is also carried out automatically and a certificate supplied with the vehicle registration papers.
Yes, they were silly to not explicitly mention this in the auction, I agree, but if you look at a lot of car sales from garages, they don't mention MOT as it's assumed it'll come with a full ticket.

Source = http://www.portlandcarriage.com/used-toyota-mr2-for-sale-East%20Sussex-3977.htm