PDA

View Full Version : 3S-GE converted mk1 done by woodsport

IanC
5th March 2014, 01:45 PM
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181341198464 looks okay for the money but needs bodywork.

Remember the consensus being that 3sge didn't give much benefit, but its different I guess and ready for a turbo swap.

Funny he says its prob the only one in UK yet there is another on eBay with a 3sge aand twin 45s

cchrysos
5th March 2014, 01:53 PM
That is good value for money for omeone with the time and skills in my opinion.

The twin 45s could be worth 300-400 alone!

superwhite90
5th March 2014, 01:54 PM
Still 173hp and more torque and no lag issues, is a benefit over standard 4age

coverco
5th March 2014, 02:26 PM
Are all the exterior pictures in that listing of a car covered in soapy water???? I have now seen it all, unbelievable :-)

cchrysos
5th March 2014, 03:48 PM
Are all the exterior pictures in that listing of a car covered in soapy water???? I have now seen it all, unbelievable :-)

Lol....yes, its classic isnt it. Im sure when you wipe that off, the paintwork is gleaming! As it is under a grand.......Ill forgive him though!

Hows the new car Tommy?

coverco
5th March 2014, 05:36 PM
Not had much chance to get out in it Chrys. Been tinkering though, I am in the process of getting a C3 star machine setup. This is a computer used to alter pretty well everything on the car, including teaching the clutch!!! You even need the star machine to change a steering wheel as they have sensors built in. There are sensors everywhere, under the drivers seat there is a even yaw sensor for the ESP.

I will be fitting my forge dump valve this weekend, can't beat a bit of boost :-)

cchrysos
5th March 2014, 06:19 PM
Sounds like fun mate! We developed the radio in those. We had a brabus forfour as a test car. That thing flew!

IanC
5th March 2014, 08:53 PM
Still 173hp and more torque and no lag issues, is a benefit over standard 4age

I followed the build thread and I am sure the problem was that the 3SGE is quite a bit heavier than the 4AGE, still cool to be different tho and I bet more is available to upgrade a 3S

Ben
5th March 2014, 09:40 PM
Probably similar in power and weight to a lightly breathed-on supercharger I imagine...