Hi all
i have been asked by a friend to put his car up for sale
see below for the full spec:

-Full polly bushed arms and steering rack
-sparco bucket seats
- william Harness's
-deep dish omp steering wheel and snap off boss
-magnicore 8mm blue leads
-Mazdaspeed MS-01 wheels (with nearly new tyres )
-bonnet scoop mod
-body work all smoothed out
-US rear
-de spoilered boot lid
-custom exhaust (quite loud)

you can contact luke on his mobile 07944241592
he wants £1800
thanks kev

Master-B
2nd March 2014, 04:10 PM
Ive got to be honest Kev and say its pretty cheeky of anyone to ask a paid member to post an ad here on their behalf. It flaunts the club rules and any ads like this shouldn't be permitted on here imo. The club needs membership funds to survive and so offers benefits designed to encourage people to support the club, including access rights to advertise items for sale. Its only at tenner ffs, compared to ebay, autotrader etc thats nothing. Extrabizarre in this instance as there is already a FS ad for the car presumably posted when his membership was still valid...

tommundy
2nd March 2014, 04:20 PM
Ive got to be honest Kev and say its pretty cheeky of anyone to ask a paid member to post an ad here on their behalf. It flaunts the club rules and any ads like this shouldn't be permitted on here imo. The club needs membership funds to survive and so offers benefits designed to encourage people to support the club, including access rights to advertise items for sale. Its only at tenner ffs, compared to ebay, autotrader etc thats nothing. Extrabizarre in this instance as there is already a FS ad for the car presumably posted when his membership was still valid...
Cheers Kris! :)

I've already been in touch with Luke. I've allowed the ad as it stands as Kev was put in a tricky situation.

However, I've asked Luke to join up as it's a lot cheaper than eBay or Autotrader even if you're joining for the sole purpose of selling a car.

HTH.

Cheers,
Tom

Master-B
2nd March 2014, 04:30 PM
Fair enough if youre happy mr. chairman, I personally would be zero tolerant, but there you go. I suppose on balance there is an argument that there is no difference between doing this and posting external ads on the as seen on ebay thread, which I sometimes do and I think everyone can see.

tommundy
2nd March 2014, 04:32 PM
Fair enough if youre happy mr. chairman, I personally would be zero tolerant, but there you go. I suppose on balance there is an argument that there is no difference between doing this and posting external ads on the as seen on ebay thread, which I sometimes do and I think everyone can see.
True. However, I do monitor items posted up there as sometimes people try to sneak things in that they're selling themselves.

Anyway, back on topic please. :)

Master-B
2nd March 2014, 04:47 PM
Feel free to remove my posts if you want to tidy up the 2 threads and get them back OT. Just felt I should raise my concerns.

lukemk1
2nd March 2014, 06:20 PM
I'm selling the car as I don't have the money if I had a tenner i would pay it ... I spoke to tom before about trying to pay but I couldn't as I had no money ... I just want my car to stay in the club I'm sorry if you find this a problem I had no intentions am upsetting anyone

Master-B
2nd March 2014, 06:41 PM
Please dont be offended. I see things like this as black & white. Im not upset as such, but felt I needed to question if it is right/fair to allow this route of advertising. If Tom is happy, then so am I. I actually think the car looks great & well worth the asking price. Good luck with the sale & I hope your new business venture takes off and your financial troubles are resolved as a result :-)

lukemk1
20th March 2014, 08:59 PM
£1500 ??