PDA

View Full Version : £15000 mk1

jumpman33
13th February 2014, 09:46 PM
http://bit.ly/MPePmw

dusty m
13th February 2014, 09:57 PM
Really really hope it goes for the asking price as my one has less miles & just needs minor paint on the arch done & I should be quids in, or keep it 2 yrs & get £20- £30.000 for her. Sorry, nodded off there,had a cracking dream though.

jumpman33
13th February 2014, 10:00 PM
He is rather optimistic.

Ben
13th February 2014, 10:24 PM
If it's a UK car and it's midnight blue, he's either lying or it's had a respray. Either way, 15k for a car that's had fairly serious welding is laughable! Maybe it's an accidental extra zero?!

The Silver Fox
13th February 2014, 11:00 PM
In the description it says it is listed in a Barons Classic Car auction so I looked it up here : http://www.barons-auctions.com/details.php?ID=6485 where the estimate is £3750 to £4750. It will be interesting to see what it goes for.

paulsims2001
14th February 2014, 06:33 AM
Yes have just seen it, I would be a millionaire with the ones I have Lol wonder how much the offer was?

The Silver Fox
14th February 2014, 07:50 AM
The auction is on 25 Feb. They do publish the results afterwards so we can see what it goes for.

HowardB
14th February 2014, 01:04 PM
The auction is on 25 Feb. They do publish the results afterwards so we can see what it goes for.

Quick sweepstake on it? I predict £1900 (assuming he hasn't got a big reserve on it, in which case . . Unsold!).

Mutley00
14th February 2014, 02:14 PM
Yes have just seen it, I would be a millionaire with the ones I have Lol wonder how much the offer was?

Christ - I'm glad you and I have shaken hands on a price for yours Paul :) I think if I had that kind of money, I'd look to borrow an extra grand for the DB7 that's on evil bay with half the mileage!

The Silver Fox
14th February 2014, 02:38 PM
Looking back through their past results, Barons have only sold three Mk1s.

Feb 2005 1985 model went for £1425

Feb 2012 1988 model went for £1200

Oct 2012 1989 model went for £1400

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

superwhite90
14th February 2014, 04:57 PM
I might put in a cheeky £1500 offer on ebay ;)

mk1 dal
14th February 2014, 09:03 PM
I might put in a cheeky £1500 offer on ebay ;)

he might take it :lol: but not likely . its hard to call what this car will fetch its not low millage and looks like the front bumper need repainting but it is an early t bar in good condition and i think it will go over 3500 at action going off actions prices near me . There are people looking for good examples and people do sell them to cheap . ive been offered 6000 for the sky blue car by a private collector but its not for sale ( took ages to find one as he is finding ) 4000 for a good mk1 will be the norm soon and i know a few people who have paid that for one already .

coverco
14th February 2014, 09:29 PM
With that interior it must be worth £50 :-)

mk1 dal
14th February 2014, 09:42 PM
With that interior it must be worth £50 :-)

:lol: you love blue really mate . have you snaped up that charger yet im tempted but no where to put it at the mo under cover and this rain is relentless .

coverco
15th February 2014, 01:03 PM
I have my Smart Roadster mate. Not had much of a chance to drive it with all this rain though :-(

sunsetjoe
15th February 2014, 03:35 PM
We want to know what this means for our Mica blue T Bar with black leather which we always thought was a very early T Bar. Reg D127 MEA. 87000 miles. Pictures in the garage section. No plans to sell, but if someone rolled by with that kind of money...... Might swap for one with bluu cloth!

Woodsport
16th February 2014, 09:47 AM
I was offered £16k for my Mk1 6 months ago and turned it down, mind you it's one of the most heavily modified AW11s on the planet... no standard Mk1 is worth this sort of money.

Fab4mr2
16th February 2014, 05:25 PM
I was offered £16k for my Mk1 6 months ago and turned it down, mind you it's one of the most heavily modified AW11s on the planet... no standard Mk1 is worth this sort of money.
A lot of people would disagree with you on that point to a degree. Not to say your car isn't worth it, but there are usually a lot fewer people willing to spend big bucks on a car that has been modified, compared to those that prefer unmodified. There will always be the exceptions to the rule, but unmodded cars as a whole generally bring much more from the countless ads I have seen over the years. Now the unmodded car in question here is definitely over priced, but I have certainly seen better examples that would fetch that price, though they are few and far between. There is one in the US that is in much better shape than the one here, where they want around $14k US. While it is definitely currently over priced for a non-supercharged version, if it had fewer miles on it (45-49k at present) it might get somewhere up towards that figure, like the pristine one from Canada managed to get a few years back (around $21k US before shipping fees to Denmark or somewhere near there). It had around 20k miles on it.

IanC
16th February 2014, 07:33 PM
wow, I love mk1's and I want to see the values rise so that they become more appealing to people saving rather than scrapping them.

But 15k? even if it is rare and becoming a classic, I didn't even pay that much for this
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2014/01/69mustangapril2013_zps2b8c511b-1.jpg

cchrysos
16th February 2014, 08:19 PM
he might take it :lol: but not likely . its hard to call what this car will fetch its not low millage and looks like the front bumper need repainting but it is an early t bar in good condition and i think it will go over 3500 at action going off actions prices near me . There are people looking for good examples and people do sell them to cheap . ive been offered 6000 for the sky blue car by a private collector but its not for sale ( took ages to find one as he is finding ) 4000 for a good mk1 will be the norm soon and i know a few people who have paid that for one already .

Does that mean there is another bugger out there looking for one Gary?

I think I would have taken 6k if offered but glad you are enjoying it rather than passing it on.

I just had a bill for the jag that was more than the cost of a very decent MR2! Plans may be going back a bit again ;-)

The Silver Fox
26th February 2014, 06:51 PM
There's hope for us yet!

Went for £3000 + premium.

Fab4mr2
26th February 2014, 09:28 PM
Sounds about right. The only thing that bothers me is the, shall we say, overly optimistic ebay ad that they placed. Those can really give the MR2 community a bit of a black eye. I have seen far too many like that here in the US, especially on Craigslist, where just about anything seems to go apparently. In fact ebay, here, is being used less and less for the sale of our cars.

I've been doing a national search of MKI's here lately, and very questionable ads are over the place. Everyone seems to have a really rare car, lol, and it is in exceptionally good shape 'for its age'. The prices I have seen on absolute dogs is really laughable. The experience on the other hand has reacquainted me with not only the bizarre manner in which owners of these cars like to modify/degrade them, but also the very odd manner in which Toyota deemed it proper to dress them up themselves (mainly weird interior choices). I may have to start a collection of these ads, and begin a thread somewhere to show a few off. One of my favorites so far is a silver MKIa that has been dressed up to look like the Delorean in 'Back to the Future'. Would have been funny to drive around on Halloween, but otherwise, no thank-you. :rolleyes:

Mutley00
27th February 2014, 12:18 PM
wow, I love mk1's and I want to see the values rise so that they become more appealing to people saving rather than scrapping them.

But 15k? even if it is rare and becoming a classic, I didn't even pay that much for this
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2014/01/69mustangapril2013_zps2b8c511b-1.jpg

That is jaw droppingly beautiful Ian. Please let me know if you want to sell!