PDA

View Full Version : CABBY DAVE Do not purchase from

MR2MK1
8th February 2014, 06:23 PM
Hi all
Just want to send out a warning about this guy CABBY DAVE .
Be very careful when buying parts from him i recently bought a pair of air intake scoops from him which he described as new i paid him £130 for the pair .
They are definitely not as new and they are not a matching pair so could only use one if i wanted to .
I have been messaging him on Face Book and he acted with great surprise telling him they were not the same ( should go to spec savers immediately if he never noticed) .
He then said he would get in touch with the guy who made them so i waited for him to get back but surprise heard nothing and he is now ignoring my messages .

Anyway i have since learned that i am not the first to be treated like this and he owes others .

So take my advice and stay away from this guy

Colin
LAO Ireland

cabbydave
8th February 2014, 06:34 PM
I've not been ignoring you but the guy said they were the same make but he hasn't replied to what make they are. Anyway I don't care to much for the language you have been using there is no need for it. The only photo ive got is of the back of them I've deleted the other ones. Now im waiting for the seller to tell me what make they are

MR2MK1
8th February 2014, 07:24 PM
All you had to do was reply to my messages .i did offer to send you pictures and why did you not reply after you read them and i would be very surprised if you where offended by the one word i used in a frustrated attempt to get you to let me know what was happening .Also as i said i have been told by others the way you deal with people.

I will just send them back and you can refund my £130 and that will be the end of it.

tommundy
8th February 2014, 07:33 PM
I hope you resolve your outstanding issues.

I just wanted to add that Dave isn't a paid member currently, so can't advertise items for sale.

Cheers,
Tom

MR2MK1
8th February 2014, 09:18 PM
I am glad to here that hope it stays that way .
This is a warning for all stay away from him

cabbydave
8th February 2014, 09:38 PM
Right Colin you heard did you. Right well if you took time to ask me about it I would have told you and told you the reason he backed out leaving ME out of pocket for things I had put on the car for him. Also the guy has split with his wife but his wife owes money to everyone and has given the debt management company my number as hers I get txts and phone calls off this company looking for his wife even though I have told them I don't even know her.If you want me to forward the txt messages to you I will gladly do so. Unless you have proof about me ripping this guy off I would retract the last statement I still have all the emails off the said person that says I didn't. This isn't the place to do this as the car was sold on ebay not here. If we want to go down routes like that I got ripped off by some guy near Paul Woods who said he would drop off some rare side skirts for me this guy has gone to ground not answering his phone nor pm's good job I told Paul to pay me when they arrived and he was happy so I suppose I ripped Paul off as well did I?????

MR2MK1
8th February 2014, 09:50 PM
Don't want to know the details nothing to do with me all I want is a refund for the scoops and I will return them to you and as you say I have no proof so I have retracted the statement i made

mk1 dal
8th February 2014, 09:58 PM
Dave don't dig your self a hole you cant climb out off , the car in question is a piece of shit and i know where it is .Colin is a trusted and respected member of the mk1 community and a LAO for Ireland for fook sake you cant rip him off . man up and return the money for return of goods . This wont go away Dave AND I WONT STAND MK1 MEMBERS BEING DONE , sort it out quick .

gary LAO northwest

MR2MK1
8th February 2014, 10:13 PM
Gary thanks for your support .

mk1 dal
8th February 2014, 11:12 PM
Your welcome Colin .But at the end of the day the club looks after paying members and there interests . if this isn't sorted Dave should be banned full stop imo .

cabbydave
9th February 2014, 01:42 AM
If you want to bsn me go ahead Gary but had he complained in November it would have been different but that is how the scoops are made I didnt make yhem hevwont get a refund until I see the scoops snd check them remember that they are grp and do move if not stored correctly thats why for the time I had them they were sat on the car.

tommundy
9th February 2014, 10:03 AM
** Thread locked until this dispute has been resolved. **

Cheers,
Tom

Club Chairman