25th January 2014, 02:24 PM
Just gauging interest in my G plate T bar
sadly unused for 2 years 100K miles
front wings bubbling at arches, usual above front screen
OZ superleggera multispoke 16" alloys
Momo steering wheel
Magnex
take little fettling to be good to go for summer
also have set of Koni top adjustables bought second hand from Richard Brett (1,500 miles on them) bought but never fitted

paulsims2001
25th January 2014, 05:55 PM
Hi Kevin
what sort of money are we looking at , what work is needed for mot etc
A definate restorer then ?
Paul

kevin..in
25th January 2014, 06:20 PM
as far as I know it will need an alternator as it has seized, brake discs are also rusted, it was mot'd and running fine when I last drove it, it wasn't taken off the road for any mechanical reason so will just need a fettle up really
I'm looking for what a MK1 is worth right now, I've been out of the loop for a couple of years so I genuinely don't know
bid me I won't be offended but I expect you not to be when I say no thanks
my house is up for sale and not every one understands the beauty of an 80's classic on the drive do they?

paulsims2001
25th January 2014, 07:51 PM
No they don't Kevin
The trouble is the market is up and down I have several that I wont strip and trying to restore them slowly and also buying some off people so they don't get scrapped as they are too good , I have broken enough in my time and have in the past broken cars that should have been kept on the road , it took me long enough to realize .
Give me your number and I will call you and come and see if thats ok
Cheers Paul

kevin..in
25th January 2014, 09:08 PM
PM sent but don't call tonight as I've left my phone at the other house and CBA to go get it
AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!! quiet no TXT no calls!

kevin..in
30th January 2014, 11:43 AM
anyone?

superwhite90
30th January 2014, 12:33 PM
Break it

I may consider the alloys

kevin..in
30th January 2014, 04:51 PM
buy it, keep the alloys and break it yourself
honestly its way too good to break!

autobody
30th January 2014, 07:41 PM
I take it the koni are not on that car? If so would you sell separate and how much?

cchrysos
30th January 2014, 09:48 PM
Hi there,
what are the rear arches, sills, A & B pillar bases etc like?
Any pictures please?

Thanks

kevin..in
31st January 2014, 01:09 AM
I havent done a close insoection recently, rear arches look ok no visible rust, fronts are bubblung though, only pics i have right now are in my profile but are nearly 3 years old

kevin..in
31st January 2014, 01:11 AM
I take it the koni are not on that car? If so would you sell separate and how much?

Think i paid 250 for them and have never unwrapped them, bought from richard brett

superwhite90
31st January 2014, 09:18 AM
I haven't got enough room mate. I've got my mk1 at home with the rear wheels off waiting for a rear end rebuild to take place this Saturday :)

kevin..in
31st January 2014, 12:49 PM
I haven't got enough room mate. I've got my mk1 at home with the rear wheels off waiting for a rear end rebuild to take place this Saturday :)
7 is the std. until you have at least 7 on the drive you can't claim no more room
'twas always thus so!

kevin..in
31st January 2014, 01:18 PM
Mutley00 you have mail!

autobody
31st January 2014, 05:31 PM
I am interested in the koni, are the koni in the strut casing? Any pic? Also assuming they are for the mk1b. Thanks

kevin..in
31st January 2014, 05:33 PM
I am interested in the koni, are the koni in the strut casing? Any pic? Also assuming they are for the mk1b. Thanks

all built up ready to fit (I think) i'll photograph them at weekend and post up

kevin..in
16th February 2014, 02:23 PM
my house is now sold! I have 3 weeks to clear my stuff, if there is no taker for the car then it will go on a trailer to new house and stay with me! where it may gain 2 extra cylinders and double its cc

mk1 dal
16th February 2014, 06:39 PM
good news on the house sale Kevin , the mr2 on the drive must have won over the buyers :D . the last time i saw your car it was very good and you paid a lot of money for it , it might be better to keep it and do the small repairs it needs to get it back on the road and then sell it if you don't want it . I would buy it myself if i had room for it but sadly i don't but i do think your car is perfect for a first time mk1 buyer looking for an easy project. good luck with sale mate but i hope you keep it you are missed on the mr2 scene .

gary

kevin..in
16th February 2014, 08:31 PM
It needs hardly anything Gary, and will be an excellent buy, my life has changed so much in the past 3 years, I'm just not sure I need/want an MR2 anymore. Oddly with the sale of my house I have more money now than I have ever had and could go really overboard with a project, if I move it I may just keep it, totally dry inside no leaks whatsoever from the T bar roof
Needs to go or move very soon
My house buyer said he had had a couple of Mk2 Mr2s but I'll forgive him that!

kevin..in
22nd February 2014, 02:30 PM
looks like car is moving with me to the new house tomorrow, as no one wants it
I have a plan involving metallic black paint, gold pinstripes, v6 and carbon fibre
unless there is a taker soon!
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2014/02/blackgold-1.jpg

cchrysos
22nd February 2014, 02:49 PM
If the one I am seeing today doesn't work out, I may be interested.
Can you post some pictures please? Especially interested in the usual hot spots.
Cheers

kevin..in
22nd February 2014, 02:58 PM
right now snowed under with house clearance car is behind a skip today!
rear arches I'm certain have been done, front wings need replacing, usual rust above screen, other than that its good
but when I move it I can get all around it, hopefully in the morning but then afternoon I have to go to Birmingham to see my jeweller friend who is making our wedding rings
lack of time is my enemy right now, 2 weeks till house sale complete 8 weeks to wedding

autobody
22nd February 2014, 06:03 PM
any more info on the koni?

Tbarmk1
22nd February 2014, 07:49 PM
What you looking for on the MR2 buddy? and have you got any pictures?

cheers!

kevin..in
22nd February 2014, 09:48 PM
What you looking for on the MR2 buddy? and have you got any pictures?

cheers!
No recent pics (I will do some when I get to move it, right now I have more pressing issues) I'm looking for £800

kevin..in
23rd February 2014, 01:30 PM
any more info on the koni?
I had intended them to go with the car if the new owner wanted them (this is why they're not in a separate for sale thread)
if the car stays with me then I'll fit the koni's to it, if the car goes without the suspension then Bill Hulme is claiming first dibs!

Tbarmk1
23rd February 2014, 02:44 PM
Ok cheers buddy when you get a chance upload a couple and I'll get back to you.

Ali

kevin..in
1st March 2014, 06:57 PM
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2014/03/016_zps969c566a-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2014/03/015_zps4456086f-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2014/03/017_zpsb4d9aa56-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2014/03/019_zps2f6b9fda-1.jpg

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2014/03/024_zpsfabb555e-1.jpg

kevin..in
2nd March 2014, 04:15 PM
SOLD SOLD SOLD to Bill Hulme
I'll let him tell you what a bargain you've just missed!

tommundy
2nd March 2014, 04:18 PM
Nice one!

We all knew one MR2 wasn't enough for Bill! :D

kevin..in
2nd March 2014, 04:22 PM
Nice one!

We all knew one MR2 wasn't enough for Bill! :D
He's gone away with an MR2 a set of Konis + new lowering springs, a new clutch. a front RF bar, a decent quantity of silkolene 10/40 oil, some new gaskets, starter motor, cam covers and a partridge in a pear tree!

bill hulme
2nd March 2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks Kevin for all your bits and bobs, I will try to bring it back to your standed of finish, so it maybe a year or two, you all Know I don't do polishing,
thanks to you and your lad for all the help at your end. I got it home safe.
A big smile on my face to what will be an exhalant project.
All the best wishes for your upcoming wedding your one special dude.
Bill.

kevin..in
2nd March 2014, 08:29 PM
Thanks Kevin
All the best wishes for your upcoming wedding your one special dude.
Bill.
Billie you would get an invite but you know that you're not to be trusted near women!
You were even too naughty for our friend the "Working" girl!
Enjoy the car and tell everyone how you got an absolute bargain & nearly had the jacket off my back!

P.S. found some more gaskets so jiffy bag coming your way!

mk1 dal
2nd March 2014, 09:35 PM
Glad its gone to a very good home AND NOT BROKE UP FOR PARTS and was a bargain, i did see the car a Tatton a few years ago and it was lovely i didn't buy it because i have no room but at 800 pounds would have if i did . i will give bill a lift to do the light restoration the car needs as he as help me out many times and Kevin get settled in mate then look for a new mk1 mate it would be great to have you and your wife to be on the runs and shows you are missed .

gary

Tbarmk1
2nd March 2014, 09:58 PM
Noooo! Can't believe I missed it! Oh well great car gone to hopefully a new great owner!

kevin..in
3rd March 2014, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the kind comments "I am not worthy!"
been looking at all sorts of toys, deffo got a Trumpet tiger 1050 on the way, and my project bike is a goer now
car wise I've looked at everything from a new BM Z4 to a Mazda AZ1 and am always looking at MR2's (I did run behind Bill for 2 miles yelling stop stop, He saw me but just carried on!) another would need to be absolutely A1 100% perfect, I still kick myself for not diving in on the 3K miler that I was offered 2 years ago
Gone no just regrouping!

bill hulme
14th March 2014, 04:50 PM
I got the car MOT done today, It past with flying colours. Now the dreaded word, Polishing any volunteer's.

Bill.

mk1 dal
14th March 2014, 05:09 PM
Nice one bill , you didn't hang about :clap:

kevin..in
14th March 2014, 05:44 PM
told you it was good!

bill hulme
14th March 2014, 06:48 PM
Things left to do replace both wings, New radiator, New screen, two new 16" tyres, polish and wax, Road tax,
The big plus it very solid all underneath plus Polly bushes, All the other things that will make it a cracking mk1
yes Im very pleased its going to finish up a cracker.
Bill.