PDA

View Full Version : Get together in Stratford

sara-liz
18th January 2014, 11:40 AM
Johnso, Rich & I are going to meet up, weather permitting (ie no snow and roads not gritted recently) in Stratford-on Avon, on Sunday, 2nd Feb. We're planning on meeting by the river, but don't think the Avon floods in Stratford, so we have a chance of it going ahead.

Any one who wants to join us is very welcome. I'm not volunteering to be a midlands co-ordinator but we reckon it's not beyond the wit of a few MK1 enthusiasts to get together to compare motors. There will be no whingeing if no one else turns up, but if you are going to join us, check the forum before you leave, because if either Johnso or Rich & I can't make it, we won't just go on spec. If we do cancel, I will post and let everyone know.

We're meeting at about 1.00 pm (if any earlier, will post on forum in good time, but it's not likely to be before 12.00).

The nearest landmark for a postcode is:

Stratford Butterfly Farm
Swan's Nest Lane
Stratford-upon Avon
CV37 7LS

Cheerio,

Sara.

Johnso
31st January 2014, 04:32 PM
Bump bump

sara-liz
31st January 2014, 08:11 PM
What does that mean?

Johnso
1st February 2014, 11:16 AM
Bump bump

Bumping means posting to get the topic in newly updated lists but without adding anything.

sara-liz
1st February 2014, 07:23 PM
Clearly, I am not a seasoned forum user . . .turns out Rich knew, but he was half asleep when I asked him!

We are still meeting up tomorrow, at 1.00 in Stratford, and the forecast is 'no rain', so if any of you want to let your Mk1s out of their climate-controlled, centrally-heated garages for some exercise, you know where to find Rich & I & Johnso.

tommundy
2nd February 2014, 03:23 PM
Looking forward to seeing a few pictures of this meet! :)

sara-liz
2nd February 2014, 05:57 PM
Would that be to go in the magazine??? ;)

Two cars was hardly worth it, but at least we had a run!

michaeljapp
2nd February 2014, 07:53 PM
Would have tagged along as you are just up the road from me, but my car is still in bits. Should be back together in a few weeks if I pull my finger out.

Next time.

sara-liz
2nd February 2014, 09:31 PM
Cool!

Johnso
3rd February 2014, 08:39 PM
Looking forward to seeing a few pictures of this meet! :)

I did not think to take any pictures but here is an artists impression.:D

Johnso
3rd February 2014, 08:41 PM
Would have tagged along as you are just up the road from me, but my car is still in bits. Should be back together in a few weeks if I pull my finger out.

Next time.

Hi, let us know when your car is back working and we can probably arrange something. We can probably meet in the middle somewhere.

sara-liz
8th February 2014, 12:34 PM
You could have 'snipped' them down first!! :D

Like your style, though...;)

phaeton
8th February 2014, 01:08 PM
Useless fact:- I've stayed in that hotel to the right

Alan...