PDA

View Full Version : Red 1989 G reg for sale - £500.00, no offers

BigP
29th November 2013, 02:40 PM
As some of you will know I bought an MR2 following surgery last year, and I bought this one (G949NDM), a former owner's club member in February of this year - here was the advert - http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?14695-For-Sale-MR2-MK1-B-1989-%A31000-ono&highlight=martin

I now have two problems, firstly, I have been back at the hospital four times in the past two months with issues relating to my surgery, and secondly, the engine has a problem: after I drive it for about 10-15 miles it sometimes overheats, a friend has said it may be the head gasket, but speaking to Paul at Woodsport he has advised there are several things it could be, as head gaskets can be mis-diagnosed very easily on an MR2 apparently. Anyway until my health improves having the car sat on the drive, repaired or otherwise, is not something I want to see as it will not get driven which I suspect will lead to further problems, so with a heavy heart, the car is for sale for £500.00, the main problem being as most of you are aware is that I'm not mechanically minded...

If you read the thread above you will see what the car has had done previously, and since purchasing the car, it has been MOT'd in June with no advisories, had a full service including distributer, rotor arm, HT leads, plugs etc, it has also had the springs and shocks replaced all round (purchased from Paul Sims), a brand new water pump fitted about 8 weeks ago, a new thermostat, a Janspeed exhaust and a new K&N filter. There is very minor rust on the rear arches, and when I say minor I mean minor, the wheels are in very good condition, the gearbox is fine and the interior is in good condition with a new Sony head unit fitted and the spare has never been used.

The car will not be sold with tax, and to be on the safe side I would suggest that the car be taken away on a trailer, although it does drive!

I'm fairly certain someone good with spanners will get this car back on the road for not much money and then will enjoy it as I have, any questions, please do not hesitate to ask - it would be easier for me to send photos of any part of the car you require by text message do to limited mobility at the moment, so if there's anything you need to see, please message me your number and I'll send the wife out with my phone!

I hope someone can take this car on, otherwise it will go for parts in the New Year which I would hate to do as it's a very good looking car as per the attached photo taken at Tatton Park earlier this year.

Car is showing 172,000 approximately and will be sold untaxed.

Best regards,

Paul Mayes 07903 703034

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2013/11/DSC_0205_zps29588031-1.jpg (http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/thezingergolf/media/G898NDM/DSC_0205_zps29588031.jpg.html)

AW11mike
29th November 2013, 02:52 PM
sorry you have to sell your car mate,good solid car,I know how much you liked it! good luck with the sale Paul,hopefully it goes to a good home! Mike

BigP
29th November 2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks Mike, and I know how enthusiastic you were about it when you saw it - hopefully my surgeon can patch me up and once I'm back to full fitness next year I'll get myself another gokart, but until then, I don't want it sat on the drive feeling sorry for itself all winter when someone who doesn't mind getting oil under their fingernails can enjoy it...

Ben
29th November 2013, 03:43 PM
If it's as solid as it looks it's a steal for a monkey - I'm sure someone will snap it up and either repair it or put a replacement engine in. GLWTS :)

cchrysos
29th November 2013, 03:57 PM
Looks like a great deal...unfortunately too far away for me.

Good luck with the sale mate and more importantly with your recovery.

Chrys

Master-B
29th November 2013, 05:30 PM
sorry you have to sell your car mate,good solid car,I know how much you liked it! good luck with the sale Paul,hopefully it goes to a good home! Mike

Echo'd. GWS & GLWTS Paul, hope to see you in another MK1 soon :thumbup:

cabbydave
29th November 2013, 09:34 PM
Your car is one of the nice ones but if 8 weeks ago it had a pump and thermostat it sounds like you have a air lock

phaeton
30th November 2013, 08:05 AM
PM sent.

Alan...

cabbydave
30th November 2013, 10:57 AM
Alan its ideal i'll vouch for the car and I know what your thinking. Get it bought and get rid of the one you have.

phaeton
30th November 2013, 10:59 AM
Just waiting for Paul's reply to go look/pay for it tomorrow

Alan...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

cabbydave
30th November 2013, 11:07 AM
Just sent you a txt Alan

BigP
30th November 2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks for everyone's comments - love these cars and I will be back, but health comes first, Alan coming to view tomorrow morning!

cabbydave
30th November 2013, 03:36 PM
Paul Alan is a nice guy and wont mess you around shame the only colour he didnt want was red but when he sees your csr I think that he will know its the right move for his cunning plan

BigP
2nd December 2013, 11:56 AM
Car now sold, thanks to everyone for their help and/or kind words; hope to see you all soon!

Paul

AW11mike
2nd December 2013, 12:33 PM
See you when your back on the road Paul, take care mate!:)