PDA

View Full Version : Mk1 mr2 for sad sale :( taxed and tested

Soph
26th November 2013, 12:48 PM
Selling my beloved MR2 :(
Parting with her because I need a more practical car and just can't afford to run her as well

The basics:
Mileage- 142131
MOT expiry- 28th May 2014
Tax expiry- February 2014

She has TONNES of history with her and has been very well maintained...
Full respray in 2008 (she used to be red and is now a dark silver)
New windscreen 2008
New gearbox 2008
New clutch 2010
New cam belt 2011
New cam cover gaskets and manifold gaskets 2011
New water pump and fan belt end of 2011
New exhaust 2012
New alternator 2012
2 new tyres April 2013

These are just the major bits but there is loads more history, I have a folder full of every receipt and invoice - every penny spent on her since 1991! And nearly every MOT since 1987!
As I said she has been very well looked after, I really don't want to get rid of her but I just can't afford to run 2 cars :(
She will come with LOTS of spares including 5 wheels with tyres and 2 seats as well as lots of interior trims, steering wheel, headlight covers, dash insert, ECU... And lots more little bits. You will need a van or very large estate car when picking up to fit all the extras in.

As you can see from the pictures she needs a little attention on the paintwork (please see pictures) but apart from that she's sweet as a nut and mechanically sound.
She has had a lot of welding work so wheel arches and sills are solid. Wheel arches have been completely re-done

Text Soph 07714162756 if you'd like me to email pictures
Or
For any more info, please call my other half Andy on 07739 525712

Thanks!

tommundy
26th November 2013, 12:55 PM
Hi Sophie,

It'd be good to see some pictures! :)

Also, how much are you looking for?

Cheers,
Tom

Soph
26th November 2013, 12:58 PM
Oh yes, £900 all spare parts included.
... How do I upload pics?!

Soph
26th November 2013, 01:05 PM
Hopefully managed to attach pics below...?

tommundy
26th November 2013, 01:13 PM
Good price!

There is an old guide here:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?5210-How-To-Upload-Pictures-amp-Resize-(pic-heavy)

Basically, upload your photo's to any photo sharing website such as Flikr and you should be able to get the IMG URL for each picture, which you can then put into your post.

Cheers,
Tom

ETA: No worries, looks like you've done it the other way! :)

Gilles27
26th November 2013, 01:35 PM
That looks a bargain! Good luck.

Master-B
26th November 2013, 04:39 PM
That looks a bargain! Good luck.

Agreed. If its as solid as it sounds it represents great value for money... you dont see too many mk1's that look this straight offered at this price level any more

GLWTS Soph :D

cabbydave
26th November 2013, 07:08 PM
Don't take this the wrong way but looking at the photos and if its as good as you say well YOU MUST BE ON DRUGS SELLING THAT CHEAP woman, its worth a whole lot more than that.

Soph
27th November 2013, 07:02 AM
Try selling it for more this side of Christmas! I know she's worth a lot more and I paid a lot more not so long ago but I just need a quick sale :(
If she doesn't sell before Christmas I will leave it for a while and try selling her for a bit more in the spring. But I'm trying to avoid having to making her SORN

cabbydave
27th November 2013, 07:20 AM
hang in there for the higher price unless you really need the cash. I've had a car for sale for 2 months and it is mint not a mk1. I was about to give up until spring when everyone wants a soft top and someone popped up and has offered full price for it

cchrysos
27th November 2013, 11:19 AM
Great looking car. A colour change never hels resale value but its cheap enough for it not to be a concern IMO.

a couple more pictures on this ad if anyone is interested.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/toyota-mr2-mk1-1987/1039140545#photo-content

Out of interest....was it sprayed to match under the front trunk and rear boot etc or are they still red when you open them up.

Fozzy
28th November 2013, 09:03 PM
Hi, I'm very interested in the car, I will try calling tomorrow