PDA

View Full Version : Mk1.5 for sale on PistonHeads

Gilles27
19th November 2013, 10:06 AM
Is this what you're looking for Tommy?
http://used.ph/1j6FaG3

coverco
19th November 2013, 10:18 AM
I saw it on Two Brutal when he first put it up for sale Anthony. I am fairly certain my next toy will be a Mercedes SLK or I might just buy a campervan or possibly both, so to answer your question no :-)

Gilles27
19th November 2013, 12:00 PM
What about this? Proper wolf in sheeps clothing: http://www.classicandsportscar.com/classifieds/classic-cars/lotus/carlton/vauxhall-lotus-carlton-turbo-1993/1847878?utm_source=Silverpop&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=CLAS%20email%20newsletter%2019%20Nove mber%202013%20(19.11.2013)&utm_content=classified_2_top_link_1

charged
19th November 2013, 01:41 PM
What about this? Proper wolf in sheeps clothing: http://www.classicandsportscar.com/classifieds/classic-cars/lotus/carlton/vauxhall-lotus-carlton-turbo-1993/1847878?utm_source=Silverpop&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=CLAS%20email%20newsletter%2019%20Nove mber%202013%20(19.11.2013)&utm_content=classified_2_top_link_1

Ruined by the rear light..

cchrysos
19th November 2013, 02:44 PM
This is the one to go for....but you may need to raid the piggy bank jar! I think these look great but this factory build seems hugely overpriced. A woodsport engine though ;-)

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/mr2/as-new-ferrari-dino-reborn--dgt-306-gts/1874961?isexperiment=true&utm_expid=73689293-28.GwaTIa0tTx6mQ1ehYJDijg.1&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pistonheads.com%2Fcl assifieds%2Fused-cars%2Ftoyota%2Fmr2

coverco
19th November 2013, 07:31 PM
Ruined by the rear light..

So the owner of the Carlton changes the rear lights and ruins the car but the owner of the MK1.5 that the thread is about completely changes everything on his car but that is not ruined? To put the Carlton back to original would take 20 minutes, to put the MK1 back to original would take a lot of work and time. Although the first thing would have to be the removal of the Zombie sticker and the silly spoiler but then again I suppose if you own a car you can ruin it as you like :-)

charged
20th November 2013, 09:35 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

pistol pete
20th November 2013, 12:34 PM
So the owner of the Carlton changes the rear lights and ruins the car but the owner of the MK1.5 that the thread is about completely changes everything on his car but that is not ruined? To put the Carlton back to original would take 20 minutes, to put the MK1 back to original would take a lot of work and time. Although the first thing would have to be the removal of the Zombie sticker and the silly spoiler but then again I suppose if you own a car you can ruin it as you like :-)

I think zombie is awesome :)
each to their own...

Nik has spent a long time building that, and the quality of the finish really shows

coverco
20th November 2013, 01:02 PM
Each to their own indeed Pete. Personally I think it looks tacky but that is my opinion and giving cars names is at best a bit strange.

My point was really that the Lotus Carlton is an amazing car and to say it has been ruined because the rear lights have been changed is slightly churlish when you look at what has been done to the poor MK1 which this thread is about.

It does amuse me that we can criticise other peoples cars (or in your case my choice of wheels!!) on forums but if it is one of the clique then any criticism is not allowed. Now I have remembered why I am selling my car :-)

Ben
21st November 2013, 11:51 AM
I've admired this at JAE several times over the years, if I was in the market for a(nother!) second car I'd be very tempted. A well-built 1.5 is a hell of a machine!

irishwhale
21st November 2013, 08:56 PM
Each to their own indeed Pete. Personally I think it looks tacky but that is my opinion and giving cars names is at best a bit strange.

My point was really that the Lotus Carlton is an amazing car and to say it has been ruined because the rear lights have been changed is slightly churlish when you look at what has been done to the poor MK1 which this thread is about.

It does amuse me that we can criticise other peoples cars (or in your case my choice of wheels!!) on forums but if it is one of the clique then any criticism is not allowed. Now I have remembered why I am selling my car :-)

Couldn't agree more, well said.

pistol pete
22nd November 2013, 06:16 AM
choice of wheels?? sorry i have no idea what you are talking about there

i agree in a lot of peoples eyes that it does look tacky, i think thats great every person should have their own opinion :) its the way the world works

and again agree the charlton is a fantastic car and easily put back to stock so not ruined in any way and shouldn't have been said it had, just couldnt work out why the 2 were being compared as one is a simple mod easily reversed and the other is a full on modified car, was not "aimed" at you sorry if it look like i did..

back feedback is more than welcome as is good feedback, and believe me at the NEC last week there was plenty on my car (bad and good) i had a little laugh everytime asomeone stuck their nose up at it.., but its each to their own.. otherwise we would all be robots

I am sorry if you are selling a car because of the club?? i think thats a little strange, i thought it was because of your back?

coverco
22nd November 2013, 08:58 AM
choice of wheels?? sorry i have no idea what you are talking about there

From 22nd August HTH :-)

Car looks awesome not a huge fan of wheels if I am honest but looks really nice and clean

paulsims2001
22nd November 2013, 09:07 AM
I was tempted to buy a Lotus Carlton 3 months ago for 10k but it just was'nt practical, well actually it was but didn't.They are very very tail happy but can take a family out in Comfort style and with a big GRIN !!
What is it at the moment why are there so many superchargers going so cheap ??

pistol pete
22nd November 2013, 09:16 AM
Okay tommy sorry if that comment back then offended you, I had forgotten all about it
I was just being honest ;)

At end of the day we agree the charlton was not ruined

Both agree that the 1.5 is not everyone's choice

Olly said that the charlton was ruined but I can't say anyone has ruined their car as my wife has sticker OMB on her car I hate it
But it's her car her choice
Again it's all personal preference

pistol pete
22nd November 2013, 09:19 AM
I was tempted to buy a Lotus Carlton 3 months ago for 10k but it just was'nt practical, well actually it was but didn't.They are very very tail happy but can take a family out in Comfort style and with a big GRIN !!
What is it at the moment why are there so many superchargers going so cheap ??

I think the superchargers are cheap at the mo as I don't think there is a market for them currently
It's only a small group of people want them
At the moment if someone is selling any car it's hard to get a good price

superwhite90
22nd November 2013, 10:25 AM
If I hadn't of just bought a house, I would have splurged my savings on a charger or 1.5 :)

Lee Haslam
28th November 2013, 10:53 PM
Seems expensive. If I thought I could have got anything like that for mine I probably wouldn't have stripped it for parts. Hmmm!