PDA

View Full Version : events for next year

mk1 dal
16th November 2013, 01:30 AM
hi all nw members and club members in general , now being the new organizer for the nw iv been looking in to great new event for next year and being has we all have a brilliant time at the race track events / car shows i will be entering the club in to car fest north and the gold cup for next year if they will have us ( bill is helping has well as always ) if we get these places we will need members support to put on a good show and turn them in to regular events and these shows will be as good as silver stone . so watch this space members i will try my best to organize a very active calender for 2014 with the help from bill , greame ( lakes and north run guru ) and yourself the members :thumbup:.

ps tommy don't sell your car unless your replace it with a mk1, camp fire stories wont be the same mate they are legendary and entertaining is a understatement .

gary

Master-B
16th November 2013, 07:07 PM
Nice one Gary. Ill be one of the first names on the list for those 2 events. Keep up the good work mate!

Jimbo_Jet
17th November 2013, 05:06 PM
Car Fest North! Now that sounds like a good idea Gary :)

Will it be a similar set up to Tatton where exhibitors get a pass to the days they show their cars and camping is de rigueur?

Master-B
17th November 2013, 05:57 PM
Camping has got to be mandatory hasnt it?! I read elsewhere that this year it was something like £60 per exhibitor which personally I would have no issue paying given the charity payments, standard of the cars on show and the bands they get to play there.

Jimbo_Jet
17th November 2013, 06:14 PM
IS that £60 all weekend? In which case that's a bargain surely? :)

Master-B
17th November 2013, 06:26 PM
I think so mate, but I am going off some unverified info I read on another forum so could be completely wrong!

mk1 dal
17th November 2013, 06:39 PM
camping is a must for this event to get the full atmosphere of the show , the only snag is 1 we haven't got in yet and 2 its only one week after silverstone show so if you want to do both shows it will cost around 250 pounds to attend both shows ( tickets , fuel ,food .etc ) but money well spent for 2 major weekends away .

gary

Master-B
17th November 2013, 06:44 PM
I may need to take those 2 weeks off work :-D

Lakelad
17th November 2013, 08:58 PM
I am happy to lead the Lake District Run (though we should try not to clash with Mothers Day next year) and the North Pennines Run (even though it cancelled this year I drove 75% of the route last weekend and it really is superb). With regard to Tatton I can only do Sundays as I work Saturdays and it causes a major upheaval at work if I have to take a Saturday off during the season. As my car only really gets used for club runs and a few local runs, and I primarily keep it for that purpose, I do not really consider it a show car and such I would rather use it for runs out rather than take it to shows and festivals.

Gary - Let me know what dates you suggest.

Graham

mk1 dal
8th January 2014, 04:58 PM
dates for this years runs and shows will be announced this weekend .

gary

mk1 dal
12th January 2014, 09:24 PM
HI ALL . right this is just a selection of runs and shows planned for this year .
March Sunday 9th the lakes run .

April sunday 13 wales run .

May sunday 18 peaks run .
May 31 to 1 of June Tatton show .

JULY SUNDAY 6 THE YORKSHIRE RUN . YET TO BE CONFIRMED but Douglas and tom planning route .

silver stone car show 25/26/27 JULY this is the main club show but NW members should attend this outstanding show and camp at the woodlands site not to be missed .

August 1-3 CAR FEST NORTH tbc

16 - 17 Tatton show
24-25-26 Oulton park gold cup tbc
September

sunday 21 north pennine run

i will post in events section this week, these planned event are for all mk1 members wherever you are to enjoy .

gary

Master-B
13th January 2014, 01:00 PM
Hi Gary

Thanks for the info - Ive put them all in my diary - the only one I deffo cannot do is the yorkshire run as it clashes with the british grand prix.

July & August will be very busy if the events at Oulton can be confirmed!! :D

mk1 dal
13th January 2014, 01:45 PM
HI mate , there is a date change due to concerns on the first 3 runs being long distance meets so to split them up the peaks run will be now be Sunday 18 th of may and north pennine run on september sunday the 21 .

gary

The Silver Fox
26th January 2014, 12:16 PM
Gary,

Will probably have to change the date of the Yorkshire Run to 22 June to avoid clashing with 'le grand depart'.

I have to move in two week steps as we have the grandson every other weekend.

I have got the basics sorted, just need to run it by Tom.

mk1 dal
26th January 2014, 02:49 PM
Hi , the north pennine run is now on the 22 june so this date will clash with the Yorkshire run .
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?15763-Sunday-22nd-June-2014-North-Pennines-Run
gary

The Silver Fox
26th January 2014, 02:51 PM
Ok I will find another date.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

mk1 dal
26th January 2014, 02:52 PM
Thanks mate much appreciated .

Gilles27
1st August 2014, 08:29 AM
Any news on the Oulton Park Gold Cup? After missing the Silverstone Classic I need a racing car fix!

Master-B
1st August 2014, 08:45 AM
Any news on the Oulton Park Gold Cup? After missing the Silverstone Classic I need a racing car fix!

Hi Mate

Thread here - we arent able to get an official stand, but a few of us are still planning on going:

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?16146-23rd-24th-25th-August-Oulton-Park-Gold-Cup