PDA

View Full Version : HI all, im a newbie hankering after my first ever MR2

Jags 'n' Japs
2nd November 2013, 08:15 PM
Hi all....i have just joined this forum as I want more info on the MK1 MR2 before I buy one

I currently have a MK4 Supra and XJ-S....

Just how good are/were the MK1's?.....i am thinking particularly in terms of handling and fun.....do they make good track day cars?.....and am I correct in thinking that the handling was tuned by Lotus?

cheers
Bal

clarky
3rd November 2013, 08:59 AM
Hi Bal, I've pm'd you. You may have 2 by mistake.

Ben
3rd November 2013, 11:07 AM
Since I sold my original mk1 in 2010 I've had various cars, including both a mk3 and mk4 Supra. I loved both of my Supras, but in terms of flingable fun I couldn't resist the draw of returning to a mk1 MR2 :)

I can't comment from personal experience of track use (although that's set to change at the end of this month!) but there are plenty that exist as very potent track toys. Best bet is to see if anyone near you is willing to take you for a run out - if you're ever down in south Oxfordshire I'll happily give you a passenger ride :)

Jags 'n' Japs
6th November 2013, 11:56 PM
Hi Bal, I've pm'd you. You may have 2 by mistake.

PM sent :)

Jags 'n' Japs
7th November 2013, 01:26 AM
Since I sold my original mk1 in 2010 I've had various cars, including both a mk3 and mk4 Supra. I loved both of my Supras, but in terms of flingable fun I couldn't resist the draw of returning to a mk1 MR2 :)

I can't comment from personal experience of track use (although that's set to change at the end of this month!) but there are plenty that exist as very potent track toys. Best bet is to see if anyone near you is willing to take you for a run out - if you're ever down in south Oxfordshire I'll happily give you a passenger ride :)

Hi Ben...cheers...I may just take you up on that! :)

Ben
7th November 2013, 09:08 AM
Actually, if you're in Birmingham maybe see if you can come along to the NEC classic car show the weekend of the 15th-17th November - there'll be three very different Mk1's available there and you can get discount tickets as a club member :)

Wraith
11th November 2013, 10:24 PM
I have run MR2's for around 10 years now. I have owned various road going track cars running up to around 400bhp but always come back to the MR2! Just picked myself up another Mk1 and cant wait to get it on track. For cars of this age and value you cant get a better handling car and for me, I haven't had as much fun than when I'm in the driving seat of these classic sports car's!

gonae86
11th November 2013, 11:15 PM
second that :D