PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to buy snowballs mk1?

cchrysos
6th October 2013, 04:47 PM
Looks like it has appeared on ebay.

It's a very good runner and used daily. Sounds like it as been fixed ;-)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-/321223069966?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4aca63110e

coverco
6th October 2013, 05:28 PM
Still needs a passenger seat though :-)

mk1 dal
6th October 2013, 05:37 PM
don't you mean snowflake and i thought it was sold already ( i hope he or she doesn't buy another mk1 ) to bugger up

cabbydave
6th October 2013, 07:32 PM
Look at the user name on ebay. Female! look at the location Warrington. Snowflake came from Warrington and is female £1500 from a breaker she said now selling for 8 I don't think it all rings true can smell something associated with farms.

coverco
6th October 2013, 07:59 PM
Although someone has fitted power steering, quite impressive really :-)

chief44
6th October 2013, 11:47 PM
I'd be very interested to see what happens to this car. Also wouldn't mind finding out what's actually been done to it already and what the real problems are. That said, I'm steering well clear.

jimi
7th October 2013, 06:37 PM
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2013/10/bargepole185x183-1.jpg

dylbie
7th October 2013, 07:45 PM
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2013/10/bargepole185x183-1.jpg

Someone elses barge pole? :)

superwhite90
8th October 2013, 10:05 AM
I've emailed her twice asking about the power steering and any service history paperwork with the vehicle:-

"Hi not really got any paperwork and we bought it with no seat and its not got power steering, it was a mistake on advert sorry".

That means that if it isn't snowballs the owner has realised its crap as it overheats or if it is hers than she's a lying piece of **** as she has decided to withold the 6 receipts of all the ARP bolts, head skims and HGs that were apparently put on.

I don't know why people don't just swallow their pride, bite the bullet and tell the truth. You'll gain more respect by the potential buyer for telling the truth rather than ultimate disappointment when they realise they've bought a dog. Can't stand people like that!

Master-B
8th October 2013, 10:31 AM
Agreed Alex.

and the sloppy mechanics that i'm finding means that if i sell it then i'll jsut be passing a death sentence onto someone else

superwhite90
8th October 2013, 12:21 PM
"Hi, no it hasn't burnt oil or coolant while we have had it, runs and drives very well".

Maybe it is the breakers car and they haven't ragged it or driven it on 'cam' to make it overheat - either way, it hasn't been fixed or if it was ever broken in the first place?????

cchrysos
8th October 2013, 04:50 PM
in bloody tempted now lol

Ben
8th October 2013, 04:54 PM
in bloody tempted now lol

Hell, worst comes to the worst just sling another 4age in the back of it!

coverco
8th October 2013, 05:04 PM
I think he was joking Ben :-)

cchrysos
8th October 2013, 05:13 PM
It would be a very long drive home without being able to go 'on cam' ;-)

Ben
8th October 2013, 06:11 PM
I think he was joking Ben :-)

I know, Tommy ;)

But in all seriousness it can't be that bad, surely? I mean, aside from the removal of the passenger seat I'm not convinced anything much has actually been done to it, and even if the engine is FUBAR it's one of Gary's old resto's so gotta be pretty solid. I mean, if you can get it cheap, bung in a replacement engine (if it needs one), you've got a solid mk1a in a very cool colour scheme for not a lot of money :grin:

cabbydave
8th October 2013, 08:27 PM
I know the barge pole comment was the correct one

snowflake
23rd October 2013, 07:30 AM
who said that i sold it to a breaker ????? i got offers from a breaker for it but in the end it got part ex'd at gallaghers mitsubishi against a new shogun warrior (due mid december) yay :)

actual price that i got for it from gallaghers was £2150 against the new mitzi shogun --- if someone made a profit/loss on it then that's their problem --- the mitzi's still costing nearly £33k......

oh and it wasn't totally fixed either --- fuel pump needed doing as a matter of urgency, cos if left sat running cos the petrol fumes were horrendous --- whole motor needed binning and starting again lol :) .......

also snoball/snowflake - one in the same cos i had log in probs - now sorted :)

will there be another mk1 in my shed at some point - yup cos it's a mk1b - been stripped out and just waiting for me to sort out what to do with it -- and it won't be a resto...........

dylbie
23rd October 2013, 07:36 AM
£2150?! You did bloody well there! :) But an auto MR2? Isn't that like buying non alcoholic beer?

snowflake
23rd October 2013, 07:42 AM
when i sold it to gallaghers - all the paperwork was there - all the receipts were there, the logbook, the handbook, a bunch of spare stuff that i had lying round was sent with it cos i didn't need it. don't know what happened after it went and since i've had no Pm's about it at all then why have a crack at me ?????

the guys that took it off me knew full well what it was like - if they got shut of it and then didn't mention stuff or didn't pass the folder with the very comprehensive set of paperwork with it how can that be my fault ?????

coverco
23rd October 2013, 07:49 AM
£2150?! You did bloody well there! :) But an auto MR2? Isn't that like buying non alcoholic beer?

If Snowflake had taken a toy MR2 in they would have given her £2150 off the £33000 car for it :-)

No one is saying you have done anything wrong Snowflake, enjoy the Probe :-)

snowflake
23rd October 2013, 08:15 AM
you got that wrong - i got offered £2k off list price and £150 for the heap of a shafted tin box - like i said dunno what happened after i got shut of it but the guys at gallaghers are best buds with the workshop next to mine and they knew full well what was going on with it.

hoping that whoever paid £800 for it --- seriously overpriced if you ask me --- managed to sort it out the actual cause of everything was never found bits just got swapped when they failed and summat else got diagnosed - liek i said an engine swap would be the only way to go for that tin box.........

superwhite90
23rd October 2013, 11:09 AM
Sounds like pass the parcel

snowflake
25th October 2013, 06:49 PM
it is :)

oh and it's getting more expensive to sort everytime too......... the guys in the shed next to mine were asked to have a look at it after i sold it and they refused - says it all if you ask me lol :)

all i can say is the mk1b that's in my shed now is an absolute peach :) bit scruffy but drives straight and true but needs a lot of bodywork doing but hell other than that it's got NO issues and a load more paperwork with it inc. a toyota history and apart from usual stuff it's not needed anything at all --- proper result :)

superwhite90
25th October 2013, 09:21 PM
i've found if you rebuild the engine completely, doing EVERYTHING it'll work spot on and hell this is the first time i've built an engine.

mk1 dal
25th October 2013, 09:51 PM
what it says to me snowball is 100% they don't know what there doing and i wouldn't take a shopping trolly there to be worked on , if all these parts where replaced then you were taken for a ride and ripped off . good luck with the new car but i fear it will suffer the same fate if you continue using the same Muppet's to work on your cars . ps who has got my old car i will have it back and sort the old girl out and finally get to the bottom of who why and how this cars been ruined .