PDA

View Full Version : G plate silver top 20v

IanC
14th September 2013, 03:36 PM
Looks nice!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251339180879

coverco
14th September 2013, 05:51 PM
Am I missing something here, the only thing that makes this car stand out is a 20v engine and there is no picture of it !!

It is also interesting that it says genuine miles, does that mean chassis or engine as they were not together all their life :-)

It does look very tidy though, I love the gold stripes, I have gone with red and gold on my car :-)

IanC
16th September 2013, 09:51 PM
probably a typical trader that uses genetic terms like 'genuine miles'... what is that even mean anyway, instead of fake miles? who knows. Sure if they mention a 20v though it must have one. If I hadn't found mine I would have been well into this as the bodywork is all done too by the look of it.

dylbie
21st November 2013, 08:59 AM
Can someone please buy this so it stops popping up as a new ad on my saved searches EVERY DAY!!! I keep looking and thinking 'ooh a new Mk1 for sale' but no it's just the same one relisted over and over again! Surely this is against eBay rules?!

Rant over...

coverco
21st November 2013, 09:30 AM
This was for sale on this forum in 2009

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?6833-Red-20v-Mk1-for-sale&highlight=silvertop

It looks like it had a pretty extensive refurbishment. Currently the car does not have the silvertop cam cover and the seller does not have it. To get a replacement one would be very difficult. The current ad is interesting as well when it says genuine miles !! genuine to what the engine or the chassis as they did not originally come as a package :-) Typical trader advert, although you would have thought a trader would know how to spell tyre, unless they are American?

IanC
5th December 2013, 01:01 AM
see I think for 2k it looks good value, wish it was closer and that I had seen it before I started putting effort into my own car. ah well

IanC
5th December 2013, 01:03 AM
seems mileage refers to the engine as original ad says 131k and new ad says 90k

coverco
5th December 2013, 10:22 AM
Richard and Sara went to see this car last weekend, apparently the pictures are very flattering :-)

sara-liz
5th December 2013, 11:30 AM
Sure were - Bodywork was not too bad except for the top of the windscreen which was bowed with rust (found the rust by feeling top of windscreen inside car, whereupon flakes fell on my head!) and had cracked the windscreen in two places. The outer seal looked very dodgy, too, like someone had had a go at replacing it themselves, badly, which led me to believe it was not the first time the screen had cracked . . . .

sara-liz
13th December 2013, 06:45 PM
Notice this one's back up for - sale on autotrader this time - at a guess, it now boasts a new screen (he said he had one to put in) and it will get sold to slme unsuspecting soul before the rusty roof cracks the windscreen again . . .