PDA

View Full Version : Nice looking 1a

coverco
11th September 2013, 08:39 PM
Just spotted this, engine bay looks scruffy but it looks nice in the pictures.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1985-TOYOTA-MR2-MK1-RED-VERY-ORIGINAL-CAR-WITH-MOT-/310743907803?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4859c7bddb

tommundy
11th September 2013, 08:54 PM
I still miss my 1a! This looks like a good honest car.

coverco
11th September 2013, 08:56 PM
It does Tom, not far for us as well. How did you go on tonight?

tommundy
11th September 2013, 09:37 PM
Well, ta. It should be in my possession by next weekend. A nice straight silver one. :)

cchrysos
11th September 2013, 10:27 PM
I just logged on to post about this?

Does anyone on here live very close to this car by chance or know anything about it?
It's a long way from me to go look and based on my recent experience with the blue one, it could be a wasted trip.

I don't want to take the p1ss but if anyone is very close, I'd be happy to buy them a few pints to take a look for me.

Cheers

snowflake
12th September 2013, 06:56 AM
tom r u in the market for a 1A ?

mines in need of a new home............
(snoball)

tommundy
12th September 2013, 07:13 AM
tom r u in the market for a 1A ?

mines in need of a new home............
(snoball)
I'd want a proper 1a, not a crossover Donna. :) Plus, £1500 with the description you've written doesn't match up.

Chrys, it's a little far for me to pop and have a look unfortunately. However, if you were up this way, you should call in.

Cheers,
Tom

cchrysos
12th September 2013, 07:54 AM
Thanks Tom. I appreciate the offer!
Are you looking for a mk1a to use, restore or cherish? Any particular colour?

I know of a couple up for sale that I could point you to depending what you are looking for.

Cheers

cchrysos
12th September 2013, 07:56 AM
Well, ta. It should be in my possession by next weekend. A nice straight silver one. :)

I see you may have already bought one......did you get it from Ireland? There was belter in Ireland which has just sold (in silver). Is that the one?

tommundy
12th September 2013, 08:15 AM
I see you may have already bought one......did you get it from Ireland? There was belter in Ireland which has just sold (in silver). Is that the one?
Hi Chrys,

The silver car is just another side project. I'd love a 1a, red over black preferably, again to cherish at some point, but don't have the spare funds at the moment unfortunately. Plus, I need to clear some space in the garage that I have use of to store my stripped out blue one along with this silver one over winter.

I'll put a post up about the silver one once it's in my possession. :)

Cheers,
Tom

cchrysos
12th September 2013, 08:35 AM
Excellent....I look forward to seeing it.