PDA

View Full Version : FAO cchrysos - mk1a in a colour you may like

IanC
6th September 2013, 02:46 PM
Spotted this on ebay listed in the wrong catagory. Were you after one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171120979996?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

cchrysos
6th September 2013, 03:15 PM
Hi Ian.
Yes, i got your mail and tried to respond but not sure it has worked!
Thanks VERY much for pointing this out. I check ebay every day but missed this!

I am going to see it at the weekend and if all goes well i may soon be back into MR2 ownership again after a long and patient wait!

There will also be a few pints in it for you too!

Thanks again.

Chrys

coverco
6th September 2013, 03:16 PM
That is nice :-)

GBraham
6th September 2013, 03:23 PM
What a beaut. Love the colour, and another early mk1a in the club :)

Good luck Chrys, hope its as nice as it looks.

IanC
6th September 2013, 03:28 PM
no worries mate, I too always check ebay to see what cars/parts are up for sale, that car doesn't come up if you look in ebay motors! Remembered your wanted ad straight away though :) hope its as nice as it looks in the pics, know you have been after one for a while.

cchrysos
6th September 2013, 03:32 PM
I hope its good.....I have been patiently waiting for one in that colour for two years.....someone will probably outbid me now!!

Master-B
6th September 2013, 03:32 PM
Looks nice & original. Arches & passenger front wing have possibly been done (missing trim). Are those council estate spec 80's deadlocks on the doors? If so +1000000000000 points for that! Could be the one Chrys!

cchrysos
6th September 2013, 03:37 PM
LOL. I think they may well be Kris!! Ill let you know!

Cheers

pistol pete
6th September 2013, 03:45 PM
i'm sorry i think that colour is horrid... just personal opionin of course.. if its the one you want been looking for i hope its a good one for you

IanC
6th September 2013, 03:53 PM
yea got your pm's too, strangely I can log onto mr2oc at work but can not get onto this site! I always prefer to drop a cash offer in there if its good, then theres less chance of getting outbid.

With so many time wasters on ebay its foolish for a seller to turn down a genuine offer when the guy is there looking at the car ;) keen to hear how it goes!

regarding the colour I think it really suits the car, always a fan of unusual colours and I would love one in 'orange pearl mica' but there also as rare as hens teeth

cchrysos
6th September 2013, 03:53 PM
I can understand that Pete. I must admit, it doesnt look as good as they normally do in those pictures but in the flesh with nice wheels, i love them.

Cheers for the 'hope' though....should be seeing it in the morning!

Chrys

cchrysos
6th September 2013, 04:03 PM
yea got your pm's too, strangely I can log onto mr2oc at work but can not get onto this site! I always prefer to drop a cash offer in there if its good, then theres less chance of getting outbid.

With so many time wasters on ebay its foolish for a seller to turn down a genuine offer when the guy is there looking at the car ;) keen to hear how it goes!

regarding the colour I think it really suits the car, always a fan of unusual colours and I would love one in 'orange pearl mica' but there also as rare as hens teeth

All booked in to see it tomorrow morning...if all is good, i will indeed make an offer. Lets hope all goes well!

I have only seen a couple of pictures of the orange ones and they were all in the USA. Did they ever sell them in this country?

cchrysos
6th September 2013, 04:11 PM
This picture shows the colour off better

IanC
6th September 2013, 04:24 PM
I have seen one or two photos of them with UK plates however could be imports. Had a mk2 in a similar colour to this mk1, like the one pictured. A lot of people said that colour looked naff but I quite liked it especially in the right light, not seen a mk1 with that colour in person but imagine it would be cool.

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2013/09/DSCN2400-1.jpg

pistol pete
6th September 2013, 08:38 PM
Yeah looks better in that pic

Agree it's hugely rare
But not to my tastes

pistol pete
7th September 2013, 05:30 AM
What time are you viewing?? Far from you
Fingers crossed its a goodun

cchrysos
7th September 2013, 08:30 AM
This morning sometime. And for once it is not too far away! It's about 1 to 1.5 hours away with traffic.

I'll let you all know how I get on.

Cheers

cchrysos
7th September 2013, 12:17 PM
Unfortunately it doesn't look like wit is the one.
Rust in ALL the usual places and scrapes on every panel.
Needs sills and probably arches.
Bumper bar is suspect.
Full respray required
Slight roof bubbling but around the sunroof rather than screen edge.
A few minor engine leaks to be dealt with b
I stopped looking at that point.
It started great, has a recent clutch and ran nicely.
However, the guy wants £1500 and in my opinion it is only worth 500-600. And that is only because it has an MOT.
He has another viewing tonight but I expect he will be told the same by the next guy

I have left my details just in case he is willing to talk sensible money later n
The search continues!

Master-B
7th September 2013, 12:31 PM
Thats a shame mate, but agree low miles or not it sounds like he is asking strong money for a mk1 that needs all the usual bodywork areas doing, when you think Gary often puts his sorted ones up for similar money. Were they council spec deadlocks BTW? :-D

cchrysos
7th September 2013, 01:11 PM
Yes it's dissapointing but at least I didn't rush into something I would regret.

They were better than council estate locks......they were Yale domestic door locks! He even had one of the boot.

Master-B
7th September 2013, 08:00 PM
Yale locks?! How bizarre, ha ha, what a div...

cchrysos
7th September 2013, 08:17 PM
Some pictures in case anyone was thinking of looking1074
A few panels had damage like this.

IanC
9th September 2013, 11:03 PM
shame that, is the rust shown in the spare wheel well or floor pans?

cchrysos
10th September 2013, 06:54 AM
Yes it was Ian but never mind....
The rust shown was in the spare wheel well. It didn't look like. It would actually poke through.....yet
I must admit, I gave up looking before I got to the floor pans.

I had a text from the guy yesterday saying that they would accept 1200 but I tod him it is, unfortunately, not worth more than 500. And it is only that much because it has an MOT

mk1 dal
17th September 2013, 03:53 AM
hi , im picking this car up at the weekend the wife won it for 600 pounds last night . i couldn't let the likes of Jones get is hands on it and destroy it , ive been after this colour for 4 years now and it will be restored ready for the shows next year . i might use it on the peaks run this sunday if it drives alright .

gary

cchrysos
17th September 2013, 08:07 AM
Good luck Gary. I'm glad to see it will be restored!

As you know, i have been looking for one in this colour for a long time too so i went to see this one. The pictures make t look better than it is but it is definitely worth saving.

I didnt bother test driving it as there was too much work to be done to make it viable for me and at the time he wanted much more money. I offered him 500, then he called me back to say i could have it for 600 as the owner 'just wanted rid of it' when no-one bid after two viewers.

It did start pretty well with a booster pack but the battery would not start it....and he knew that would be the case so had a booster ready.
I SUGGEST YOU BRING A BOOSTER OR BATTERY WITH YOU AS YOU MAY HAVE TO STOP ON THE WAY HOME AND IT MAY NOT BE CHARGING.
The alternator light was not on, there was no smoke and the gears engaged nicely (when stationary)

I look forward to seeing it done.

Chrys

IanC
17th September 2013, 09:11 PM
Thats great news!! look forward to seeing it too if you can bring it.

As you say its a rare colour and they are much more worth saving than the red/dark blue/white you see everywhere.

Be interesting to see what its like condition wise compared to mine, as after mooching around this board for a while I wonder if I paid over the top for mine.