PDA

View Full Version : Hello... again!!!

dylbie
29th August 2013, 09:26 PM
Hello everyone!

I'm back after 3 years of being away from this site. I've been fairly busy in life and not really had much time for internet forums. My MR2 has been having a rest for a couple of years until last year when I decided to revive it to drive to my wedding! Needed a couple of holes welded up underneath, a new front number plate, and a new rear suspension strut! Anyway it got through the MOT last July and it then took me halfway down the country, and got me and the best man to the wedding on time! :)

As I've now learned with getting older and wiser, like most things in life, the MR2 is a never ending world of jobs, time, and money! I still have a list of things to do:

1. Replace gearbox (thrust bearing still knackered!)
2. Replace suspension (I now have KYBs and APEX Springs ready to go on)
3. Suspension bushes all round
4. Engine bay tidy up
5. Dreaded bodywork tidy up and respray! This job scares me the most!

All these jobs are dependent on my wife giving me the time to do it, or in other words, I'll probably be posting exactly the same jobs again in 3 years time!!! =/

I've also started working on the 'virtual' Mk1 MR2 again for rFactor. That project also stalled a few years ago when life events went a bit crazy, but the last few months has seen a lot of progress made. I'll start another thread about that though :)

I'm eager to get the real and virtual car up and running. I've just bought some Lenso BSX wheels for it as I like the Euro racer look. But need to find some shorter wheel nuts!

Anyway, I hope to be more active on this forum now, and have just upgraded my membership. I've even added a shortcut on my smartphone!

Cheers
Dylan

dylbie
29th August 2013, 10:15 PM
The new wheels fitted. I think the the polished rims look cool though. I'm thinking maybe getting the inner bits done black might look better :) I need to find some shorter wheel nuts so I can fit the centre pieces though. I'm guessing that any tapered wheel nuts with a 1.5mm thread will be ok?
This pic really highlights how much I need the bodywork sorted and a respray!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/images/imported/2013/08/20130816_193551_zpsdc72c6df-1.jpg