PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Mk1 for sale

sunsurfer
25th August 2013, 11:33 AM
Nothing to do with me but found this in Pistonheads.
Looks real interesting for anyone who fancies taking a shortcut (not bothering to turbo their own car but buy an existing turbo).
250hp in a lightweight Mk1 body will be interesting :D

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/mr2/toyota-mr2-mk1-turbo-t-bar-1989/1618641#

coverco
25th August 2013, 01:59 PM
Looks very nice indeed. I would have thought this would have been on Twobrutal but it is not. Seems very reasonably priced assuming it is as good as it looks :-)

cabbydave
25th August 2013, 10:42 PM
Wonder why hes got the charge cooler water pump so high when theres a mounting point on the gearbox that would also stop the pipe from kinking. Good price though

Woodsport
26th August 2013, 04:41 PM
These always get associated with me, just letting it be known I didn't build that one, pipes and wires everywhere .

dusty m
27th August 2013, 11:03 PM
I think its obvious its not a woodsport but I did contact the guy through ph over the w/end as he says it has been maintained by a respected trd engineer called ian.
as you say its a decent price but if you've seen a woodsport its hard to see another conversion in the same light(have I just over arsed kissed?).
Does anyone on here know of this car & who done the build?

IanC
12th September 2013, 08:50 PM
looks a little bit bodger and badger in the engine bay but rest of the car looks good and I am sure it could be tidied up. Would have gone for a look if I didn't already have mine, which I hope to swap to 3sgte in the future.

pistol pete
12th September 2013, 09:12 PM
good price.. but that engine bay needs some serious tidying

snowflake
12th September 2013, 09:16 PM
i thought it'd be on TB but then i saw that bay and if you've ever seen a TB build thread you'd soon know it's not a TB build :)

this is more or less how the EJ20 turbo i was planning would've ended up looking..........

Lee Haslam
12th September 2013, 09:22 PM
Didn't realise they were worth that much nowadays. Mighty find a box and shafts for mine, throw the rev 2 lump back in and sell complete.

phaeton
12th September 2013, 09:38 PM
Like everything else in this life, something is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay you for it, he may want £3.5K doesn't mean in these hard times he's going to get it, but good luck to him if he does.

Alan...

coverco
12th September 2013, 09:41 PM
It is not for sale anymore !!

mk1 dal
13th September 2013, 01:55 AM
It is not for sale anymore !!

have you bought it mate .

coverco
13th September 2013, 06:17 AM
I did speak to the owner Richard about the car. At the moment every car I try to view is suddenly not for sale anymore :-(