PDA

View Full Version : starter motor

mk1 dal
20th August 2013, 03:57 AM
i need a starter motor mines let me down on the way back from tatton show grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .

AW11mike
20th August 2013, 07:12 AM
I've got one you can have Gary, pick it up, when ever you want mate!

Master-B
20th August 2013, 09:47 AM
What a nightmare about your starter, i am going to be in primopost next weds so if you want mikes one let me know & i'll collect it/drop it off at the garage while I am there.
Did your passenger seat survive the gazebo ordeal? :lol:

Jimbo_Jet
20th August 2013, 11:58 AM
I've got one you can have Gary, but I had it removed from mine as occasionally it can stick so needs a refurb. Has only stuck twice in 12 months as a daily driver but you're welcome to have it.

mk1 dal
20th August 2013, 12:06 PM
many thanks for the offer mike i will have the starter off you top man , and if you would pick it up for me mate that's the icing on the cake . my seat seat survived the ordeal but when the starter went i thought the whole car was going up in flames ( remember flud ) has smoke was coming from the wires and around the starter . see you Wednesday mate what time do you think you will be there .

gary

Master-B
20th August 2013, 01:28 PM
ooooffff. i do remember flud, we were reminiscing about it at tatton, must have had a heart in mouth moment!

mike, i'll give you a shout later to arrange a day to pick it up

gary, i made a mistake reading my diary, the meeting is on the 29th i.e next thursday & ill be there around 10am.

superwhite90
20th August 2013, 02:53 PM
many thanks for the offer mike i will have the starter off you top man , and if you would pick it up for me mate that's the icing on the cake . my seat seat survived the ordeal but when the starter went i thought the whole car was going up in flames ( remember flud ) has smoke was coming from the wires and around the starter . see you Wednesday mate what time do you think you will be there .

gary

What happened with your starter Gary?

AW11mike
20th August 2013, 03:07 PM
no problem Gary, ok Kris, see you soon!

mk1 dal
20th August 2013, 03:11 PM
thanks again mike and kris .

Master-B
20th August 2013, 03:16 PM
no worries youve done me enough favours over the years, about time one was returned :thumbup:

mk1 dal
20th August 2013, 03:17 PM
What happened with your starter Gary?

dont know at the moment mate , i will know more when i get it off tomorrow at the garage . its wont turn over at the moment and is buzzing and getting hot , it might be an earth but i think the starter is fubard .

phaeton
1st September 2013, 06:20 PM
I know it's a while but I have one here if needed.

Alan...

coverco
1st September 2013, 06:57 PM
I think Gary sold the car yesterday to Anthony so the starter is sorted :-)

phaeton
2nd September 2013, 06:47 AM
Ah okay, just thought I'd offer it.

Alan..

Gilles27
2nd September 2013, 07:39 AM
I think Gary sold the car yesterday to Anthony so the starter is sorted :-)
Indeed he did and yes it is sorted! :)