PDA

View Full Version : Super Edition Recaro Seats

cchrysos
15th August 2013, 11:04 AM
I believe (if my memory serves me correctly) that these are exactly the same as the Super Edition seats.

Not sure if runners will need to be changed?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-HILUX-SURF-RECARO-SEATS-LEATHER-STEERING-WHEEL-CENTRE-CONSOLE-INTERIOR-/111139944532?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19e074f854

Ben
15th August 2013, 11:22 AM
Well spotted! Yes, they look the same to me :)

charged
15th August 2013, 11:53 AM
I have a set in storage, yes the runners need swapped

cchrysos
15th August 2013, 12:04 PM
Cool! Lets hope they are of help to someone.

Out of interest Ben, what are they like comfort wise?
I have owned over 80 cars in my time and I have NEVER found a car more comfortable (including my loaded air suspensioned Jag XJ, top of the range 5 series or even the incredibly comfy volvo XC 70) than the MK1 MR2. The seats are a fantastic and for some reason the car fits me just right. Are the recaros as good?

Ben
15th August 2013, 12:59 PM
They're very different to the standard Mk1 seats to be honest, and I wasn't that taken with them at first. They're a lot thinner and firmer, padding-wise, but they're a lot more figure-hugging as well.

Having taken the car on a 1500 mile European trip, through, I really came to like them. They're supportive in all the right places for long trips, and the thinner firmer padding means you get a lot more feeling through your arse as to what the back end of the car's doing. I drive a standard Mk1 a little while ago and the seats felt so cumbersome and squishy in comparison - you sit lower down with the Recaros as well!

I'm not sure I'd drop £250 on them myself, but I'm glad I have them :)

cchrysos
15th August 2013, 01:56 PM
I hear what you are saying Ben. It is a lot of money but thought i would post just in case.

Great car you have. I was tempted by it myself and had i have known they would have taken what you paid, i would have snapped it up! Amazing deal

Good luck with it mate.

Ben
15th August 2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks!

If it helps, I’ve spent the same amount again on getting the servicing up to date and I’ve still got more to sort before I’m totally happy. There’s a nice rust patch that will be attacked this winter, plus a few other bits and pieces that need tidying. All in good time :)

cchrysos
15th August 2013, 03:13 PM
All in good time indeed. Cars are never a cheap hobby eh. Last year i spent 2k just putting my spit back on the road. It was nut and bolt restored, then used for under 1000 miles before storage for 8 years...You would think you would not have to do much but old cars need to be driven!

The rust patch was the only thing that looked of concern.

I think i am just going to take the plunge and buy one soon....looks like i will be waiting forever for a sky blue one.

superwhite90
15th August 2013, 03:18 PM
If I had the money I'd buy em just to be different!

I was bidding up to £120 for a pair of rare retractable SC mirrors last week...

cchrysos
15th August 2013, 03:35 PM
worth an offer i rekon. I dont think he will have much luck selling it as a whole interior so worth a try?

charged
15th August 2013, 03:40 PM
I was bidding up to £120 for a pair of rare retractable SC mirrors last week...

Last set I had sold for over £200 but that was with the switch, wiring etc.. went to the legend that is Kev Crazylegs Crane. Miss you Kev : (

Ollie

Ben
15th August 2013, 04:07 PM
Whatever happened to Kev? Such a lovely guy, used to do the servicing on my old Mk1 before he moved

charged
15th August 2013, 04:54 PM
Whatever happened to Kev? Such a lovely guy, used to do the servicing on my old Mk1 before he moved

Moved down to the Southwest of England I believe, not 100% sure, he popped up a couple of years back. He had a minty mint silver 1a (proper 1a) and a white over silver SC.. Lovely fella indeed.. Hopefully he'll pop up again one day

superwhite90
15th August 2013, 05:43 PM
I met Kev when I met Jinxy for the first time.

I remember his most constructive words..."Yeah, Alex, your suspension is fucked" - £400 later and I had some Konis :)