12th August 2013, 07:35 PM
Is the club attending?

coverco
12th August 2013, 07:44 PM
No.
http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?15317-Jae-2013

Ben
12th August 2013, 07:50 PM
Plenty of club members will be going though, so it's worth a look if you want to put some names to faces. I've been three times now (and only once with an MR2!) and it's always a good laugh :)

charged
13th August 2013, 08:41 AM
Is the club attending?

It's a great show, come along and show us your ' 2.

Info here:

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewforum.php?f=112

superwhite90
13th August 2013, 09:16 AM
I haven't been for 2 years, but i'm looking forward to coming! I had been 4 years in a row before that!

I'm so optimistic about my future reliability i'm bringing a bag of tools with me haha.

coverco
13th August 2013, 03:57 PM
I have been to JAE once and have to say I can't see the attraction. I much prefer the classic car shows where you get a wide selection of cars from all over the world and even better if motor racing is on show. Obviously each to their own but people revving engines at all hours and spinning wheels is not my idea of fun, perhaps this doesn't happen these days or does it?

Ben
13th August 2013, 07:58 PM
Not really to be honest Tommy, you get the occasional idiot but anyone doing anything stupid is immediately thrown off the site. It's more of a social show than anything, everyone camps with the club tent so we can all get together and have a few beers together - looking at the cars tends to be something you do for a few hours each day, and there's plenty of other stuff to keep you busy.

Different strokes, etc... I enjoyed silverstone for the cars and the racing, and look forward to JAE for the social side :)

coverco
14th August 2013, 07:39 AM
We are a bit spoiled up north Ben, we have Tatton for the social side but it tends to be a more mature crowd with cars from the early 1900's to a brand new Toyota GT86. As you say different strokes :-)

Ben
14th August 2013, 05:27 PM
Fairy nuff. I'll see you at Silverstone next year then ;)

pistol pete
14th August 2013, 05:37 PM
I'm so optimistic about my future reliability i'm bringing a bag of tools with me haha.

That makes 2 of us then :)
if i can fit them of course.. some idiot has filled my boot with intercooler battery and coolant bottles...

coverco
14th August 2013, 05:53 PM
Fairy nuff. I'll see you at Silverstone next year then ;)

Next year will be busy, Tatton 1, Silverstone, Oulton and Tatton 2. Have to say though Silverstone is the best show of the year in my opinion :-)

pistol pete
14th August 2013, 06:53 PM
they are just all soooo far north for me..

coverco
14th August 2013, 07:28 PM
I know Pete, it is a shame. Although your daughter would love Tatton, it is a real family friendly show. My son has been going since he was 10 :-)

bill hulme
14th August 2013, 08:00 PM
I will be at JAE, Pete are you bringing Poppy.
Bill.

pistol pete
14th August 2013, 08:06 PM
ill see if i can make tatton next year..

close bill, Daisy, nope she not this year as i have an old friend in co-pilot seat but hope she will joining us next year

Lauren
27th August 2013, 08:15 AM
The ticket deadline is today via IMOC. So if you want to bag yourself a ticket don't hang about!

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=171267

In answer to Tommy's question, it's not really been about revving engines for years. If you like all the JDM culture, this is the place to be with the biggest gathering of Japanese cars of the year. IMO it's easily the best event of the year. Don't forget it starts on Thursday afternoon this year.

I hope to see you guys there! :)

Ben
27th August 2013, 08:19 AM
See you there! I'll be heading up sometime around Friday lunchtime :)

Really must buy a tent...

superwhite90
27th August 2013, 09:20 AM
I bought mine last week. Although don't know if ill be bringing the '2 as I can't get the bloody thing to start!