PDA

View Full Version : front splitter

superwhite90
8th August 2013, 10:56 AM
Need a front splitter for the mk1b

It'd be amazing if anyone has this in superwhite 043 - i'd be willing to spend up to £50 for the pair! But I know that's nyon impossible to get my colour!

There is a bloke on eBay with the colour that I want, but he doesn't do refunds and is not really one for sending photos, so i'd be buying blind! Not something I want to do!

So what has everyone else got?

Cheers

GBraham
8th August 2013, 02:18 PM
Haven't got white. Im sure I have two pairs, one red one mica blue. Can check the condition tomorrow morning if you're interested but from memory they are structurally sound and I guess you'd be painting them anyway.

Is there a difference between mk1a and mk1b splitters?

charged
8th August 2013, 02:22 PM
H

Yes there is a difference

autobody
8th August 2013, 02:34 PM
My brother has a very good set. It will be in primer soon for £60. Can get it sprayed for you if you want.

superwhite90
8th August 2013, 03:13 PM
Haven't got white. Im sure I have two pairs, one red one mica blue. Can check the condition tomorrow morning if you're interested but from memory they are structurally sound and I guess you'd be painting them anyway.

I'm not talking about the connecting pieces, they are made from metal, the splitter is fibre-glass.

The mk1a splitter is one piece rubber, the mk1b is a completely different shape and is in two pieces.

superwhite90
8th August 2013, 03:16 PM
My brother has a very good set. It will be in primer soon for £60. Can get it sprayed for you if you want.

Thanks Imran, but i've got a picture of the splitters from the eBay chap and they don't need spraying and they are £55 delivered. If I was going to spend £60 then have them sprayed, I may as well spend another £50 and buy the BC replica spoiler.

How much does your brother charge for spraying up bits though out of interest?

autobody
8th August 2013, 06:00 PM
Not too sure, every panel is different e.g. work required, type of paint, repair etc... regarding the item. He tells me £100 all in (supply and painted)

There seem to be plenty of spares going about so eventually you will find a part in the colour u need, and looks like u found one.