PDA

View Full Version : New member with the Mk1a + Spares package off eBay.

GBraham
3rd August 2013, 02:04 PM
Hi guys,

Names George and I'm the lucky boy that got the car off ebay with the tonne of spares (and I can tell you it was a tonne, having lifted it all into a van then a container!) This is the one: http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?15238-Please-someone-from-the-club-buy-this!!!!!

Always wanted a Mk1 but this is my first Mr2, had a couple of classics before and I'm mildly practical but not got a huge amount of mechanical knowledge, but I can't afford garages so I will be learning as I go. Having said that the car isn't bad, but of rust here and there, but no advisories on the MOT so its all cosmetic. Headlights are disobedient and the idle needs sorting, but both seem to be common issues and I've already found a lot of write ups on them so hopefully they'll be sorted soon when I get a minute. It's a very early Mk1a, being from May-ish in 1985 I imagine it's one of the earliest in the country, an ideas anyone?

But anyway, the bit that I'm sure you're more interested in is the spares. They are in warwickshire, just outside warwick so nice and central, and I'm keen to sell of almost all of them. I have a vague idea of whats there, what I can remember putting in the van, but I'm aiming to go through it all and get a better idea of what I've got. Obviously not being overly familiar with Mr2's I wont know the names of half the bits...so what I'm thinking is if I can get in touch with an experienced forum member in the local area to come and have a look at the stuff when its a bit more ordered, then they can advise me on the best way to get the parts to the people that want them at fair prices.

One thing I'm keen to sell quick sharp is a very early engine and gearbox with approx. 75,000 miles on it. Im told it's in good working order as the guy I got the car from took it out of a car he knew well that was crashed.

I'll get some pics up of the car in more detail when I get chance.

In the meantime, I'm not sure about my PM allowances as a new member so my email is graham@live.com, email me with parts your after and I can bear it in mind when I'm going through stuff.

Cheers.

G

cchrysos
3rd August 2013, 04:04 PM
Fantastic. Glad to see someone bought it. I love the black bumpered mk1a and they are pretty rare now.
Good luck to you sir!

The Silver Fox
3rd August 2013, 07:04 PM
Another 1a saved, welcome to the club.

What is the last five digits of the VIN? Mine is 11874 and was registered 15 March 1985 - two days after they went on sale. As Cchrysos said, there are not many early ones left.

coverco
3rd August 2013, 08:43 PM
Welcome to the club, good luck with selling the spares it may take a while to shift them but stick with it :-)

GBraham
4th August 2013, 09:12 AM
Another 1a saved, welcome to the club.

What is the last five digits of the VIN? Mine is 11874 and was registered 15 March 1985 - two days after they went on sale. As Cchrysos said, there are not many early ones left.

Last 5 digits are 12172, and first registration was 6th May 1985. I didn't know it was so close to when they went on sale. Not far behind yours then :p

Master-B
4th August 2013, 10:31 AM
Hi youve made a great choice, 1a's are for champs! Mine is 24271 17th June 85

tommundy
4th August 2013, 10:15 PM
Hi there George,

Nice purchase! Looking forward to hearing more about the car.

It sounds like you've got more than enough parts to keep you going. They should sell well through the club! :)

Cheers,
Tom