PDA

View Full Version : New member!

notwrion
27th July 2013, 08:42 AM
Hi all, got my first MR2 a week ago and can't stop smiling. I've wanted one since 1985 when 2 yuppies were in Scotland, clearly having a hoot in the highlands. Since then I've either been unable to afford the car, the insurance or both.
Picked her -she's called Lola, when the missus is within earshot- up from Liverpool on the way back home (Stockport) from Formby beach, bought her there and then.
The MOT wasn't due until October but I couldn't wait until then to see if she was as good as the previous owner stated and I hoped! She passed after having a spot if welding done. £100 all in.
More than likely going to Tatton on one of the days, so hopefully see some of you there.. In the meantime, I've got an alarm/immobiliser which needs fitting, can anyone recommend a spark in the Manchester area? I phoned one bloke, mentioned it was a mk1 MR2 and he hasn't phoned me back and won't answer his phone?!

Andy

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/27/bury7uju.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/07/27/ujyse3uz.jpg

snoball
27th July 2013, 11:53 AM
very smart looking 2 you got yourself :) happy dayz :)

for the fitting of your alarm/mobby try mrT on www.twobrutal.co.uk - he does everything (i mean everything) electrical :)

very reasonable prices and he'll come to you too :)

notwrion
27th July 2013, 04:51 PM
Cheers for the info on 2brutal. Looking at fitting it myself. How hard can it be? :)

snoball
27th July 2013, 05:47 PM
you'll prolly find an install guide on teobrutal as well --- i mean everything else is in their pages :)

michaeljapp
27th July 2013, 05:57 PM
Looks like a very tidy car.

Don't worry welding is part of routine service on a MK1.

cabbydave
27th July 2013, 07:48 PM
If you have problems with the alarm give me a shout im not far from you. Don't bother if its a cheap alarm as it will just give you far too much hassle in a year or so. What part of Stockport are you?

notwrion
27th July 2013, 08:03 PM
Thanks for that, I'll let you know how it goes..it's a cobra 4138, mid range I guess. I'm in Heaton Norris. You?

cabbydave
27th July 2013, 08:25 PM
Just near Cheadle Hulme

Rinzler
28th July 2013, 02:34 PM
Welcome aboard!. Nice machine!.:+: