PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Diane
24th July 2013, 11:01 AM
Hi everyone,

I've just joined the site because I'm getting my baby, Tallulah, back on the road and thought this would be a good place to try and source a few bits for her - and maybe make new friends who love MR2's as much as I do. I'm on my fourth one now but have never quite got exactly what I wanted - a dark blue T bar with cloth seats. I've currently got a red sunroof, having previously had a red T bar, red sunroof and black sunroof. I'll get my blue one eventually

Anyway, for now, I am hoping someone might be able to help me source some parts - I need whole rear panel for both sides as someone kindly hit my passenger side rear panel then drove off. This revealed a quite significant rust patch that was previously not obvious, and also opened up a hole under the boot! I'm hopefully getting that welded in the next few days then, if she passes her MOT, I will get the rear panels replaced. I also need rear mud flaps as one fell off when the boot hole appeared! Finally, I need a passenger side sun visor as mine is broken

Thanks in advance for any help and I hope to be able to come on one of the South East runs once Tallulah is back on the road - I would put some pics up but she's a bit woeful compared to most of the cars on here!

Diane

snoball
24th July 2013, 12:00 PM
hi diane :)

welcome to the club :)

it's ok to show your new baby in a sorry state - mines like that too - although i've refrained from showing anyone apart from the boys in the workshop what mines like at the mo lol :)

tommundy
24th July 2013, 06:12 PM
Hi Diane,

Welcome to the club and thank you for joining too! :)

It sounds like you're well into your Mk1's, which is a good thing around here.

If you're looking for any particular parts, it might raise the profile of your search by posting a wanted items thread up. :)

Again, welcome! :)

Cheers,
Tom

PS: I've just sent you a welcome E-mail with your membership number.

superwhite90
24th July 2013, 06:24 PM
Hi Diane and Welcome!

My mk1 should be back on the road in August sometime and as I work in Grays I will be using it on a Friday to get some mileage on the clock. I'll have my wheel arches fully restored by then as well, so if you want to view the quality could meet at Lakeside or something. The wheel arches you require are £250 from a chap called Littlebird on eBay - i've just ordered mine :)

coverco
24th July 2013, 07:35 PM
Hi Diane and welcome, if by full rear panels you mean the whole quarter then you will need to try to get panels off a car someone is breaking. Toyota no longer do the rear quarters unfortunately.

pistol pete
24th July 2013, 08:26 PM
Hi and welcome..
my family all live in dartford and come from all around that area
i live down on the coast
always do a kent coast run, keep an eye on the SE area events and give us a shout if you have anyquestions

Jawa411
25th July 2013, 07:53 PM
Hi Diane.

Glad to see another owner so close!!

Careful what you say Alex, your "quality" wheelarches might just fall out again haha (although not full of filler this time!!).

I'd be happy for a small meet at lakeside and would be a good opportunity to see Alex's car on the road good and proper....although you will probably leave me standing at every set of lights =( but it's always nice to meet up with other club members!!

Enjoy the vast knowledge on these forums

superwhite90
26th July 2013, 08:18 AM
I don't see how brand new wheel arches will fall out - they may look as good as your dark red front wing...

Diane
26th July 2013, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm putting Tallulah through an MOT next week so I'll be able to see what she needs other than what I already know/suspect she needs. I can't wait to get her back on the road, I've got a Rav4 at the minute which is dull as f@£k to drive!

snoball
27th July 2013, 06:46 AM
hi diane - have you considered putting the motor from your rav4 in your mr2 - then you'd have the best of both worlds :)