PDA

View Full Version : Garage Clearout. Any interest?

cchrysos
10th July 2013, 03:50 PM
I have decided that i am going to have a good old garage clear out pretty soon.

If anyone is interested in any of the following stuff, please let me know and i can dig them out, photograph them and we can discuss prices etc.

LIST UPDATED

** Compressor. I think its a wolf compressor from memory but will have to check. I am guessing that it is approx a 50ltr tank. Good enough for spraying. ***NOW SOLD***
** Airlines for the compressor.
** Spray guns (several types) including a devilbiss gravity fed gun (very nice) and a schultz gun for undersealing etc.
** Scroll compressor. Beautiful compressor, hardly used and almost silent. has approx a 25-30ltr tank from memory. Same as this.. http://www.powertoolsalesuk.com/4-motor-jun-air-1.html
** Many meters of professional rigid 1" airline with quick release connection points, and lots of spare joints. This is great for running airline throughout your workshop to allow your airline to be lugged in quickly and easily in several places. just like this..... http://www.weplace.biz/redes-de-ar-comprimido/ (but in english ;-) )
** 2 x spot welders. I believe one is still working and one is not (may be a minor fault, cant remember). Comes with a few spare weld arm attachments. Similar to this. http://www.toolgurus.co.uk/sip-25087-spotmatic-p1pm-spot-welder/ ***NOW SOLD***
** The one with the fault will be given as spares with the working unit.
** SIP gasless MIG welder.
** SIP (I think) MIG Welder. gas/no gas. 150A i think. With wire and bottle gauges. ***NOW SOLD***
** Large gas bottle trolley. very similar to this.. http://www.welco.co.uk/single-cylinder-trolley-gpr-223-023.html?gclid=CKGAqsSfpbgCFfMbtAod1z8ASA ***NOW SOLD***
** Joggle tool. great for joggling steel panels to make new panels fit flush. Much neater than zip welding panels together. Very similar to this... http://www.tama.com.au/TAMA%20Hand%20Tool%20Index.htm ***NOW SOLD***
** Large sheet metal guillotine. similar to this... http://www.metalsmith.co.uk/guillotine.htm Cut width of approx 600mm?***NOW SOLD***

** I also have a large lot of steel, stainless steel, aluminium and even perspex rods of various sizes.
** Various length and sizes of threaded rod (some stainless, some plastic, some steel)
** Various boxes of sheet, box section, channel etc in steel, stainless, aluminium and even plastic.
** Hundreds of sheets of REAL Titanium sheet approx 300mm x 300mm approx 0.2mm thick! great for shielding or even using as a facia.
** Various milling cutter tools and some lathe tools
** Thickness gauge sets ( i believe both metric and imperial) nice old wooden boxed sets.
** Micrometers (digita and traditional metric and imperial.
** Digital Measuring calipers (Mitutoyo professional..not Lidl)
** Large adjustable reach engine crane

I will have a look tonight to see what else. I have LOADS of stuff i really should get rid of!!! Ill add to the list as i find it if there is any interest.

All items are for collection near stansted airport.

Chrys

cchrysos
10th July 2013, 05:30 PM
Who knows....if I get rid of enough, I may even have enough room to put an MR2 in the garage.......another excuse lost ;-)

coverco
10th July 2013, 05:49 PM
The problem is you will probably need a lot of those tools if you get an MR2 :-)

Good luck with the sale though.

cchrysos
10th July 2013, 06:08 PM
The problem is you will probably need a lot of those tools if you get an MR2 :-)

Good luck with the sale though.

Hopefully not! I'm not planning on getting one that I need to weld or spray. It took me years to do my triumph and I just wouldn't have time to do another so I am trying to avoid starting going down that rote. I still have a great selection of tools to do most jobs with...just not bodywork.

Thanks though...lets hope some of it is of use to some people on here before it goes on ebay.

Cheers

PeteP
11th July 2013, 04:54 AM
I wish I lived closer to you - we'd be exchanging many many Sterling notes.

cchrysos
11th July 2013, 06:37 AM
What are you after Pete?

PeteP
11th July 2013, 07:19 AM
I really couldn't take anything: postage would be impossible and I'm up in Aberdeen. Also, I don't have my own workshop yet and won't until September/October at this rate, but I'd be are almost everything you have.

Although I might've looked at coming down in a van to collect it all, you really are just too far, and the only time I would be anywhere near this year is the Silverstone Classic - which I've had to cancel, or our annual holiday to Kent - which includes wife & dogs, and wouldn't be in a van.

It's a shame as buying that much stuff in one go is almost worth the trip.

cchrysos
11th July 2013, 07:51 AM
i occasionally go to manchester on business....thats why i asked.

As it happens there is a MK1a MR2 in need of restoration, in the colour i have been looking for for two years near Glasgow. I have been battling with the same dilemma Pete. It is a long way to go.

Anyway...im in no real rush so if you get your workshop later in the year, give me a shout and i can see whats still available.

Cheers

PeteP
11th July 2013, 11:46 AM
Thanks. I'll be loading up on gear once I have my own place but whether I'll get down to England this year is totally unpredictable. Unless somebody knows of a Mitsubishi L200 / Shogun Sport and trailer available for sale on the route down there. I might go for a Toyota Hilux, or at a push, a Kia Sportage.

cchrysos
11th July 2013, 08:22 PM
Unfortunately I don't know of any Pete but if I do hear of any I will let you know.
I do have a friend driving up to Glasgow in a few weeks. He may be able to help.

julianw
12th July 2013, 08:07 AM
If you need a half way house - somewhere to store stuff till you can pick it up, i.m about 20 miles south of Manchester. Other members can attest i have space to spare! And the house move has been canned for the mo, Dave! Sorry, should have said before.

cchrysos
13th July 2013, 07:19 AM
List updated.
The gas/no gas welder has gone

I found my SIP Gasless MIG though so that has been added

cchrysos
14th July 2013, 07:00 PM
Some items have been sold. The list has been updated.