PDA

View Full Version : Nice looking Tin Top Supercharger with manual box

cchrysos
2nd July 2013, 03:36 PM
Looks great. car located in Ireland so for those on teh mainland, it will have to be imported which i believe is pretty simple and inexpensive still.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/toyota/mr2/1989-toyota-mk1-mr2-supercharged/1506333

snoball
3rd July 2013, 01:10 AM
shame it's not an auto or i'd have it..............

mk1 dal
3rd July 2013, 03:52 AM
i like this car very much , ive always fancied a trip to Ireland . it would probably be cheaper to fly and drive the car back :think:

cchrysos
3rd July 2013, 07:01 AM
I'm looking at possibly getting a really nice mk1a I have seen in Ireland. If I do, I will fly there and drive back.

cabbydave
3rd July 2013, 02:31 PM
Thats what the irish do. Some guy flew to Manchester bought my 944 and drive it straight back to southern Ireland a few years ago

Shaner
3rd July 2013, 11:37 PM
That's what I did too when I bought my SC! Took a long weekend over to Wales (with the missus) to test drive and check out the car - then flew back a month later to pick it up and bring it back to Dublin on the Holyhead ferry.

Of course in Ireland, when we bring in a vehicle from outside the country we also have to pay what the Irish government calls "Vehicle Registration Tax" before a car can be re-registered here and get Irish number plates. This is an exceptionally sneaky way for the government to effectively impose import tax which was banned years ago by the EU. Cost me €800 to register my car once I got it here - and that was cheap due to its age! A five year old Z4 was going to cost over €4000 to bring it in!

I won't start ranting any further as it's not good for my blood pressure. I love the car though and am happy I bought it despite this extra cost. Mk1's are fairly few and far between over here, so it gets plenty of double takes!

cchrysos
4th July 2013, 01:54 PM
shame it's not an auto or i'd have it..............

What about this one then? lower mileage, auto and closer to you....

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201306207395571/sort/default/usedcars/engine-size-cars/1-4l_to_1-6l/model/mr2/make/toyota/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/1500/page/1/postcode/cm227hx?logcode=p

snoball
4th July 2013, 02:31 PM
uuuurrrrgggghhhhh --- it's got a blue interior :( not good............ :(

i remember this one --- one of the guys that i work with went and had a look he said that the floorpan needed work and that although it looks clean and that the arches needed work where the inner joins the outer.....

and for £31/2k for me it'd have to be able to drive itself :)

thankyou for pointing it out though :)