PDA

View Full Version : Nice looking T-bar in Grey

cchrysos
24th June 2013, 09:07 PM
The car looks great in this colour. Not sure if it is original or resprayed.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C399864#

Sale is nothing to do with me but I know some people are looking at the moment.

Hope it helps.

snoball
25th June 2013, 06:55 AM
looks sweet enough :)

think it's been sprayed and they've done a really nice job of it :)

cchrysos
25th June 2013, 07:14 AM
The grey is my favourite colour for the Mk1b, closely followed by the white over silver.

Not many original grey ones about.

Kateg28
25th June 2013, 07:57 AM
That is a nice example. I admit I do like the grey too. I normally like black cars but not over keen on a mk1 as think it looks a bit harsh whereas this grey is lovely.

The respray does look good.

coverco
25th June 2013, 08:12 AM
Have you ever noticed with these full respray cars they never have any pictures of the frunk or engine compartment. Generally that is because they have not bothered painting these areas and it looks really tacky when you lift either of those covers. I may be wrong in this case but there are no pictures of the aforementioned areas :-(

cchrysos
25th June 2013, 10:38 AM
I have emailed the seller and he has confirmed the following:

The car WAS resprayed 4 months ago. It IS the original colour so frunk etc all matches.

Below is his response:

'I got the car in part exchange, just over 2 months ago
103000 miles on the clock
recent respray 3-4 months
there is no rust, my mechanic said its solid from underneath
and yes its original colour

key lock missing from passenger side(might be in the door)

I am a bmw man, I was taken back to how good it drives, incredible drive for a car 26 years old and quick for a 1.6 .

with only a small bit of TLC this car would be great.

thanks for interest '

Doesn't sound bad to me. If you are interested, it is worth a call to find out exactly what small bit of TLC may be required.

If it was closer to me, i would definitely have gone to view this car.

Good luck to those looking...

Chrys

cchrysos
25th June 2013, 10:53 AM
Ok..so i have now asked if it needs work done other that the lock and how long the MOT and Tax is... below is the response:

'yes, just the lock
interior good condition,
could do with a good overall clean

thanks

MOT April 2014
Tax May 2014'

Could be a bargain this one!!

snoball
25th June 2013, 02:56 PM
chyrs the white over silver that is currently on my car soon to disappear :)

sounds like a minter :)

cchrysos
25th June 2013, 03:05 PM
I Know Snoball......I think it is such a shame to change the colour of yours. I can understand why you would want to though. My Spitfire (in my picture) was restored to how I wanted it rather than original and i enjoy it all the more for that fact.

snoball
25th June 2013, 03:09 PM
tbh i bought mine cos it was mint - didn't really want to be having to muck about welding stuff up glueing stuff back together etc.......just wanted turn key and go...........

she's gunna be apple candy orange when i've finished. plus i hate the front bumper so that's definitely going - i know it's what mr T wanted but hell the sharks gotta go..........

cchrysos
25th June 2013, 03:16 PM
So what front bumper are you going to put on it?

cchrysos
25th June 2013, 03:20 PM
have you seen the orange one in this thread?
http://www.mr2.com/forums/mk1-body-kits-exterior-modifications/Toyota-MR2-50480-mk1-paint-10.html

snoball
25th June 2013, 03:45 PM
uuurrrgggghhhhh noooooo - that's a plain orange that really doesn't do anything for me at all...........

the candy has more sparkle and more depth to it than a flat orange and really shines - you'll understand if you ever see me out n about after it's been done :) imagine a flat orange with a glazed glossy red clear through it - the only way I can describe it but it shouts enough :)

front bumpers - got it down to a choice of 2 at the mo - the Type T from madmotors or a Bomex Supra with a custom cut n shut cos that only needs a couple of inches chopping out of it but would look well sorted with 4 mini spots in it's mouth..........

muckyman
25th June 2013, 04:24 PM
Ok..so i have now asked if it needs work done other that the lock and how long the MOT and Tax is... below is the response:

'yes, just the lock (may be inside door)
interior good condition,
could do with a good overall clean

thanks

MOT April 2014
Tax May 2014'

Amazing that the owner doesn't just spend an hour and give it a good clean. As for the lock, less than five minutes will have the doorcard off and the lock could then be sorted. Don't understand why some sellers don't go that little bit further to help sell their cars.
:o

coverco
25th June 2013, 04:30 PM
Amazing that the owner doesn't just spend an hour and give it a good clean. As for the lock, less than five minutes will have the doorcard off and the lock could then be sorted. Don't understand why some sellers don't go that little bit further to help sell their cars.
:o

I couldn't agree more, trying to sell a dirty car is just plain stupid. I am always suspicious when people are selling a car with easy to fix faults on it, I always wonder what else they are failing to mention.

snoball
25th June 2013, 04:51 PM
some just want turn key and go and to hell with what it looks like bit like most of the cars in my street..............

i agree - even half hour with a bucket and sponge and a few minutes to put the lock back wouldn't go a miss