PDA

View Full Version : Worth it ?

Johnso
23rd June 2013, 08:27 PM
Hi, I'm new on here and this is the only one I have looked at in person.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=161051421942

I now know I can fit in one but would be interested in some comments on the car. The arches all looked good and it had no visible rust (the owner had just had it mot'ed and had pictures of it on the ramp that looked good under too). The issues I could see were the seats, I think they would refurb and the carpet was wet behind the driver seat. He did say the t-bar leaked but how much is too much? The car will need a respray as it is poor in places. Would I be better looking for a car in better condition? It had good history and low mileage but is not a looker!

cabbydave
23rd June 2013, 08:37 PM
Its had some serious welding on the passenger side floor. Resprays aren't cheap.
770 I know this one is going on ebay soon with a full mot and tax

mr2mk1mad
23rd June 2013, 08:42 PM
Only query I have looking at it, is that it is missing the mouldings down the sides and all the pin striping is missing.

Looks a fair price good luck.

cabbydave
23rd June 2013, 09:15 PM
Which picture are you looking at?
If its the ebay one everything is missing even the underwing dirt shields its worth about £450

Jawa411
24th June 2013, 11:41 AM
Johnso,

Apart from it missing all the decals on the body, it looks quite clean on the face of it, even the engine bay. One thought though, the picture of the drivers front wheel arch, the ride height looks very low but not as low as the passenger side. No mention of lowered suspension in the description either so maybe a leaky shock or broken spring affecting ride height?? Apart from that just give the paint a good mop and polish, sort out the tear in the seat and it will be a winner cosmetically. Just make sure you refer to a buyers guide when buying.

AW11mike
24th June 2013, 11:46 AM
looks like a fantastic car for the money,will be great after a few jobs!:)

muckyman
24th June 2013, 12:00 PM
it seems to be missing a front sidelight/indicator too. Wonder where thats got to?

The MOT history on the .GOV website is interesting. Not saying its unusually good or bad, but doesn't hurt to have a look beforehand if you were thinking of viewing it. May give you a pointer on some additional areas to look at. (These may be mentioned in the advert text but my internet at work blocks that part of ebay so I can only see the photos)

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history-vehicle

The reg number and V5 number are available in the photos for anyone interested.

mk1 dal
24th June 2013, 01:43 PM
hi ,after what i have just read on the last mot reports the kit would be coming of before i parted with any cash for this car . the floor is a bodge job , they have just gone mad with the paint and even painted over the petrol flap and boot switches . there is no new info regarding the new mot on the system . buyer beware you had better take someone in the club who knows what there looking for .its not been looked after going off the last mot's .

Johnso
24th June 2013, 05:12 PM
Thanks for your comments. Now with help from all you guys I think I can find a more complete/pretty car, as I would rather pay more now and get one that is closer to "finished".

If any of you are interested in it, the MOT was done on Saturday morning, so might not be updated yet? and I have seen the certificate. It had advisories for wear on the rear discs.

Johnso
24th June 2013, 05:21 PM
Thanks also for pointing out the MOT database system, I was not aware I could check this myself. I have just had a look and this type of information is very interesting.

muckyman
24th June 2013, 05:42 PM
Thanks also for pointing out the MOT database system, I was not aware I could check this myself. I have just had a look and this type of information is very interesting.

My pleasure. It'll only work if you have both the reg number and V5 document number.
Not everyone is happy to provide these even if you explain you want to check the history before viewing.
Personally, I don't bother if they won't provide them (although I'm sure I've missed some lovely cars as a result of my bloody mindedness)
:-)

snoball
24th June 2013, 07:10 PM
yeah but it's better being safe than sorry though :)

the other thing that you can do is my text check on the reg plate - got insurance stuff, police stuff and prelim hpi stuff text "reg number" to 83600 :) cost about £3 and a standard rate message charge i think.......... well worth doing along with the other stuff in this thread :)

happy hunting :)

cchrysos
25th June 2013, 11:47 AM
Hi Johnso.

Have you seen the grey one in the thread i started yesterday. Looks like it could be a good buy.

Chrys

Johnso
27th June 2013, 04:42 PM
Hi Johnso.

Have you seen the grey one in the thread i started yesterday. Looks like it could be a good buy.

Chrys

Yes thanks for pointing it out for me. I think I have found a car and will hopefully be buying it early next week.

cchrysos
27th June 2013, 05:22 PM
Excellent. Good luck.

snoball
27th June 2013, 07:53 PM
well done :)

you gotta post piccies though :)